Sometimes its the cowboy and not the horse....

This years BAJA 500 most likely will prove this logic. Chris Blais and team from Dakar on a KTM (speculated LC4 motor in a 620?) and Mikey Childress with Suzuki on a 450. I'm waiting for Kawasaki to get ahold of a top rider and bust out a new off road bike and rule the peninsula again. I love my 650R and Honda in general but they cant reign forever.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

You better be carefull, these threads afend some of the babies on this site. I dont want to reply but oh well. Back to the original thread. I dont bring my 500 when riding with guys on KTM 525s (why bring a gun to a knife fight. :pioneer_smoke:

Cool post Gunz! I love the sound of that CR500, you can just hear the raw 2 smoke power :blush:

You better be carefull, these threads afend some of the babies on this site. I dont want to reply but oh well. Back to the original thread. I dont bring my 500 when riding with guys on KTM 525s (why bring a gun to a knife fight. :unsure:

I thought you left us for another forum :boredom:. Some guys just can't catch a break... :pioneer_smoke:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Cool post Gunz! I love the sound of that CR500, you can just hear the raw 2 smoke power :blush:

You better be carefull, these threads afend some of the babies on this site. I dont want to reply but oh well. Back to the original thread. I dont bring my 500 when riding with guys on KTM 525s (why bring a gun to a knife fight. :unsure:

I thought you left us for another forum :boredom:. Some guys just can't catch a break... :pioneer_smoke:

I had such a great day lasd Saturday,thanks to Schwinn and SDAR. One of the Orang bikes that I saw that was doing realy well was a 2 smoke.

Two weeks ago I got to ride with a realy good rider who was from Oregon. He is a competative racer. He rides a KX 450 and a KX 250 2 smoke for the realy hard stuff. Its kinda funny he was riding a barrowed KTM 520 witch he hatted.

Just keepen it real. :angel:

You better be carefull, these threads afend some of the babies on this site. I dont want to reply but oh well. Back to the original thread. I dont bring my 500 when riding with guys on KTM 525s (why bring a gun to a knife fight. :crazy:

Hey Craig... I don't see any problem with discussing brands if you do it in the appropriate thread like this... I think the reason people got offended with your comments was because you were bashing other brands on all the threads (e.g. KTM tech day, rides, etc..).. In almost every thread you would brag about Honda's and your speed.. and bash KTM's etc... In my opinion, riders in this site don't get offended if you use only the thread for that but dont hyjack other threads or posts... after a while, when you do that, it just gets old... My guess is that you probably get bored with the skill and rides of SDAR and you like to have some fun stirring things up... It was fun at the beginning but later on I got sick of it, to be honest with you...

So, I can't talk for others in this site, but personally I don't mind you discussing brands, bashing my brand I use, if you use it in the specific thread for that... but, shut up and ride when discussing rides and other topics please... :D

Furthermore, we are not babies in this site.. we are just responsible riders who want to meet other riders, post rides, make friends and have fun, with respect for each other... :bomb:

Now on the topic, I used to have a KTM300EXC... I'm no racer, but it seems that 2 stroke bikes, regardless of the brand, are much better for technical stuff since they are usually lighter.. The KTM300EXC was a great bike, because it was very powerful, but yet controllable in harder areas... When I bought my 300EXC in 03 (it was a new 02, got it 02 because of the green sticker), I had a chance to ride a four stroke KTM 525, and it just did not compare... the 525 was long stroke, felt heavy in comparison to the 300exc 2stroke. When I rode my husky TE450 and then the 300EXC, once again, even though my TE450 is short stroke, the KTM 2 stroke felt lighter and much better in the technical parts... I can imagine the Honda would be the same deal....

You better be carefull, these threads afend some of the babies on this site.

I may be slow on my KTM but at least I can spell!

th_rude005.jpg

th_fubar.jpg

th_retarded.jpg

th_monkey.jpg

retarded.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

You better be carefull, these threads afend some of the babies on this site. I dont want to reply but oh well. Back to the original thread. I dont bring my 500 when riding with guys on KTM 525s (why bring a gun to a knife fight. :crazy:

Hey Craig... I don't see any problem with discussing brands if you do it in the appropriate thread like this... I think the reason people got offended with your comments was because you were bashing other brands on all the threads (e.g. KTM tech day, rides, etc..).. In almost every thread you would brag about Honda's and your speed.. and bash KTM's etc... In my opinion, riders in this site don't get offended if you use only the thread for that but dont hyjack other threads or posts... after a while, when you do that, it just gets old... My guess is that you probably get bored with the skill and rides of SDAR and you like to have some fun stirring things up... It was fun at the beginning but later on I got sick of it, to be honest with you...

So, I can't talk for others in this site, but personally I don't mind you discussing brands, bashing my brand I use, if you use it in the specific thread for that... but, shut up and ride when discussing rides and other topics please... :D

Furthermore, we are not babies in this site.. we are just responsible riders who want to meet other riders, post rides, make friends and have fun, with respect for each other... :bomb:

Now on the topic, I used to have a KTM300EXC... I'm no racer, but it seems that 2 stroke bikes, regardless of the brand, are much better for technical stuff since they are usually lighter.. The KTM300EXC was a great bike, because it was very powerful, but yet controllable in harder areas... When I bought my 300EXC in 03 (it was a new 02, got it 02 because of the green sticker), I had a chance to ride a four stroke KTM 525, and it just did not compare... the 525 was long stroke, felt heavy in comparison to the 300exc 2stroke. When I rode my husky TE450 and then the 300EXC, once again, even though my TE450 is short stroke, the KTM 2 stroke felt lighter and much better in the technical parts... I can imagine the Honda would be the same deal....

Well I am sorry, So many people knock the 650L, I cant believe how well it does. Every time I ride it seems to surprise me. Everyone says it is no good for tight twisty rocky technical trails but in a sea of broken down bikes and riders it seemed to rule. I feel I must re write the book.

B)

It's not CR500 vs KTM525.....it's CR500 FOLLOWING KTM525 :D:D;)

Hey, they're both great bikes but they're built for different missions (IMHO)......

I used to have a 89 CR500 that I rode out at Glamis/Rockotillo Wells primarily.....perfect powerband/weight for that mission......loved it :D ......sold it only because I didn't feel like kicking anymore....I'm getting old(er)/slow(er)/lazy(er).......that's why "Crawdad Racing" was started as a joke with my son/daughters……they started bitching that I was riding too slow when we'd head out on rides together......so I had someone make the “Crawdad Racing” graphics for me as a joke……sometimes when we pull up with our matching Crawdad Racing graphics people actually think we’re part of a team :D …..until they see me riding out on the trails! :bomb: :o:lol: .......but I digress......anyway, my point is that the CR500 is a GREAT bike for wide open throttle riding at dunes, desert, track...

But I wouldn't want a CR500, or any kick start 2 smoker, for "dual sport" riding......the bike is too loud (big issue with environmentalists), the powerband is too hyper active for that mission, and frankly I'm too lazy to want to be hassled with carrying oil for fuel stops, dealing with a short fuel range, kicking it over when/if I stall in technical sections, changing top ends, etc.....perhaps I'd feel differently if there wasn't a decent selection of "light is right" 4 strokes available but that's no longer the case since you can pick up a variety of mfg's 4 strokers that'll weigh in under 300lbs......just my $.02 on the matter

Hammer, I'm not bashing your CR500.....I loved mine and all the other two strokers I have owned/still do own....still have fun on my daughters Banshees sometimes.....well, not that often actually.....don't wanna be referred to as a "Quad Tard" :D .....anyway, the bottom line is the boring/linear power delivery of a 4 stroke will NEVER compare, or be as much fun, as a two stroke......but give me the 4 stroke for a dual sport mission :crazy:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

B)

It's not CR500 vs KTM525.....it's CR500 FOLLOWING KTM525 :D:P:D

Hey, they're both great bikes but they're built for different missions (IMHO)......

I used to have a 89 CR500 that I rode out at Glamis/Rockotillo Wells primarily.....perfect powerband/weight for that mission......loved it :D ......sold it only because I didn't feel like kicking anymore....I'm getting old(er)/slow(er)/lazy(er).......that's why "Crawdad Racing" was started as a joke with my son/daughters……they started bitching that I was riding too slow when we'd head out on rides together......so I had someone make the “Crawdad Racing” graphics for me as a joke……sometimes when we pull up with our matching Crawdad Racing graphics people actually think we’re part of a team ;) …..until they see me riding out on the trails! :P:o:D .......but I digress......anyway, my point is that the CR500 is a GREAT bike for wide open throttle riding at dunes, desert, track...

But I wouldn't want a CR500, or any kick start 2 smoker, for "dual sport" riding......the bike is too loud (big issue with environmentalists), the powerband is too hyper active for that mission, and frankly I'm too lazy to want to be hassled with carrying oil for fuel stops, dealing with a short fuel range, kicking it over when/if I stall in technical sections, changing top ends, etc.....perhaps I'd feel differently if there wasn't a decent selection of "light is right" 4 strokes available but that's no longer the case since you can pick up a variety of mfg's 4 strokers that'll weigh in under 300lbs......just my $.02 on the matter

Hammer, I'm not bashing your CR500.....I loved mine and all the other two strokers I have owned/still do own....still have fun on my daughters Banshees sometimes.....well, not that often actually.....don't wanna be referred to as a "Quad Tard" :D .....anyway, the bottom line is the boring/linear power delivery of a 4 stroke will NEVER compare, or be as much fun, as a two stroke......but give me the 4 stroke for a dual sport mission :unsure:

I Am with you on that. I wouldnt want to ride any bike with that much power aLL DAY. It can kill you. the 4 strokes are much easier to ride.It seems to me that most of the guys that ride Orange could be just as fast on a XR 400 but they feel faster on the orange bike. Robie Kanevel jumps cars on a Cr500 and all the high payed freestyle guys chose 2 strokes for a good reason the older I get I will spend more time on a 4 stroke. But as far as for power light weight and speed (qote Thumper Talk 525 ktm and Cr 500) the 525 is not even close. The cr 500 has rip your arms out of sockets power. Where the 525 is mild like a old mans bike. B)Compare a 2007 aluminum frame Service 500 to a 525 not the 89 if you read the test in Mx Action it is 2 to 4 seconds a lap faster than a works 450 When ridden by John Micheal Baily. as I said a 525 is not even close. If anybody wants to learn more about the test its on the website read and learn SERVICE HONDA AF 500. B)Gotta keep it real B) A used 2006 SERVICE 500 sold for 10,000 dollars!

Hey Hammon, I think you need to upgrade from that girl's bike and get a real bike....a KTM 950 or something similar, and ride that fast and on difficult trails :unsure:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist ;)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hey Hammon, I think you need to upgrade from that girl's bike and get a real bike....a KTM 950 or something similar, and ride that fast and on difficult trails :unsure:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist ;)

Hi Randy that would be lots of fun but I couldnt aford to fix it when I break it in half. :D

1989 honda cr500 = the most exciting motorcycle ive ever owned. it made my gsxr750 feel like a girls bike.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

1989 honda cr500 = the most exciting motorcycle ive ever owned. it made my gsxr750 feel like a girls bike.

Thanks Chris

Thanks Chris

Doh !! I was referring to the 650L, not the CR500.....CR500 definitely manly.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Thanks Chris

Doh !! I was referring to the 650L, not the CR500.....CR500 definitely manly.

Now your making fun of my 650l its on Randy L :unsure: