After two months of planning and preparation I am ready for my trip from Tecate to Cabo San Lucas and back. I created the GPS tracks myself and they consist of 2,600 miles of mostly (95%) dirt trails. My track south is completely different from my return track north, allowing me to see all that the peninsula has to offer. I will ride all, or portions of, the 22 day trail, Bill Nichols (El Rosario) trail, Window Rock trail, Camper Shell trail, El Camino Real trail, El Dorado trail, and endless miles of mountainous and coastline scenic adventure. The only limit on this trip is to be home for Christmas, and even that's not a hard limit.

I will do my best to provide updates along the way.

This link will not be active until Friday morning, 7:00am mas o menos:

Spot Link

Eric,Have fun out there and be safe I will be tracking you so no stopping at questionable places biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif If you guys need any help we will organize to come and get you but please don't get in trouble unless it's in a bar.

As in the Voicemail I left for you, you saved my backside so I have your back.

Go Eric Go !!!! Wow sounds like you are doing a proper Baja ride. All the best.

Wow sounds like you are doing a proper Baja ride. All the best.

I second that... not to mention a bit envious

- safe travels amigo

My mistake --I was looking at the Spot from my phone and thought he went back to Tecate. From my home computer I see he is pushing on.

Ken,

I told you that you need a new phone biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Actually I think that the spot app on the iPhone has bugs because it has acted strangely sometimes for me to.

1322873577[/url]' post='116768']My mistake --I was looking at the Spot from my phone and thought he went back to Tecate. From my home computer I see he is pushing on.

looks like Eric has just stoped riding and is camping in the middle of nowhere--what an adventure !

Ken, How about a ride down south to meet Eric and his body and ride or camp with them for few days we can do it with big bikes or small bikes. Maybe meet them on the way back and ride the last part of the ride with them we can even get few people to join us.

Driss

1323057815[/url]' post='116860']

looks like Eric has just stoped riding and is camping in the middle of nowhere--what an adventure !

I was looking at that too. The last spot ping was at 8 PM north of LA Bay. I didn't think there was even a trail out there.

It looks like a long cold night in the desert. I hope he took a sleeping bag with him! Actually, I just hope he's OK even if he is freezing.

Ken, How about a ride down south to meet Eric and his body and ride or camp with them for few days we can do it with big bikes or small bikes. Maybe meet them on the way back and ride the last part of the ride with them we can even get few people to join us.

Driss.... I'm in on doing that...Let me know if you get serious..

Matt.

I was looking at that too. The last spot ping was at 8 PM north of LA Bay. I didn't think there was even a trail out there.

It looks like a long cold night in the desert. I hope he took a sleeping bag with him! Actually, I just hope he's OK even if he is freezing.

He is riding some of the narly trails the guy from AZ put in. Very remote -self rescue stuff.

Just checking in everyone. The adventure began too early, unfortunately. Just over the bridge the crosses the tecate toll road, where compadre begins - FLAT TIRE! repaired and continued, FLAT TIRE! Never had much luck with the extra hd tubes, too many pinches. Not soon after my sleeping bag came loose and ended up in the rear tire, not soon after the same thing happened to ken. shortly after ken´s rear rack broke. no show stoppers and we continued.

window rock trail - what ever you have heard about the difficulty, double it. absolutely insane, especially south of the rock, but soooooo much fun. camping on the beach in gonzage and last night on the end of window rock trail was unreal, just the coolest stuff. spending the night tonight in LA Bay getting kens rack welded and doing an oil change on the WR. Next stop San Ignacio.

more later - viva baja!

Just checking in everyone. The adventure began too early, unfortunately. Just over the bridge the crosses the tecate toll road, where compadre begins - FLAT TIRE! repaired and continued, FLAT TIRE! Never had much luck with the extra hd tubes, too many pinches. Not soon after my sleeping bag came loose and ended up in the rear tire, not soon after the same thing happened to ken. shortly after ken´s rear rack broke. no show stoppers and we continued.

window rock trail - what ever you have heard about the difficulty, double it. absolutely insane, especially south of the rock, but soooooo much fun. camping on the beach in gonzage and last night on the end of window rock trail was unreal, just the coolest stuff. spending the night tonight in LA Bay getting kens rack welded and doing an oil change on the WR. Next stop San Ignacio.

more later - viva baja!

Thanks Eric for the update--we are watching you.

1323132436[/url]' post='116923']

more later - viva baja!

Eric,Keep going and have fun out there, they don't call it adventure without mishaps even if they were way too early for you guys but that is Baja we are tracking your every step wishing you good luck but at the same time we are jealouse that we can't be there to share your problems and all the fun you are having. Stay safe and know everyone is waiting for you safe return and stories, please keep us posted as much as you can and more importantly pictures pictures and pictures.

New problem developing this morning. My partner wants to quit. He}s hearing noises in his bike that I am not hearing. He woke up this morning and said he}s done. I}m playing psycologist as best I can and have a least talked him into leaving San Ignacio for San Juanico this morning. What the future holds is in the air.

Question for the day: Why do Baja waypoints move so slowly on my GPS? They laugh at me, mock me, and steal my fuel while they stay put, not moving...

The dynamics of a long trip to Baja (or anywhere) can be interesting. We had a few hiccups on our ride last year but they just make for a better story in the end. I always found that the thought of a cold beer, some good taco's, a hot shower and a nice bed at the end of a long day made the day go smoother. Tell your riding partner that he will regret it the rest of his life if he quits and he may never get another change to do this ride.

Covered in Memories

Go it alone.you are always well prepared.

I second what Koog says. Really not that big of a deal going it alone. Lots of people do it. Just ride a little more carefully.

Note for Eric & Ken

I wish I was camping on that beach tonight! Good job, this will be my next trip so mark the don't do trails on your tracks for me. My sister arrives from Brasil on Dec. 19th so I doubt I will be able to meet up with you on the tail end of the trip unless you end up here 17 & 18th. Just keep me posted on your eta. I will see you at the border. I am checking your spot everyday so I will know when you are heading back. Viva Baja!