Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

McCain on Tuesday 11/22/11

I will be giving the 50 cent tour of McCain to one of our out of state members, Desertjul. She will be in Southern Cali to visit family next week and would like to see one of our riding areas while she is over here, and is bringing a plated KLX400 out with her. Anybody who would like to join us is welcomed to come along. If you have ridden with me, you know the drill: tight trails, mellow pace, not too much fierce technical stuff. We should be arriving at the picnic table around 10.

Keep Tuesday in mind if you have the day off. It will be nice and quiet out there and conditions will be very good after the passing rain this weekend.

There will be plenty of this....

100_2725.jpg

this....

100_0386.jpg

this....

100_0384.jpg

this....

100_0370.jpg

this....

100_1381.jpg

maybe some of this....

100_1270.jpg

certainly a bit of this....

CIMG3641.jpg

but none of this....

100_0403.jpg

You're a local guy and you don't know where McCain is? :blink: It's out I-8 and just north of Boulevard. It's one of the all time great places to ride trails in SD county. It is often referred to as Lark Canyon OHV area. :party:

I'll admit when I don't know, or am wrong :) I have to say that I have never heard of it! Maybe that has to do with being a desert rat all these years. Now that I am getting up in age, the trails and fire roads are starting to look pretty good! Doubt I'll ever leave the desert, but I can learn new stuff, right?

Definitely need to make the trip and do this soon. So much to learn......

I'll admit when I don't know, or am wrong :) I have to say that I have never heard of it! Maybe that has to do with being a desert rat all these years. Now that I am getting up in age, the trails and fire roads are starting to look pretty good! Doubt I'll ever leave the desert, but I can learn new stuff, right?

Definitely need to make the trip and do this soon. So much to learn......

Don't worry, it's still desert, just high desert with narrow trails and some live oaks thrown in.

Hey Mimi

If I make it through Monday out there with BS and feel good...........wacko.gif

I would consider another round Tuesday morning

Got the week off and need to get a little riding in

will confirm Monday PM

Hey Mimi

If I make it through Monday out there with BS and feel good...........wacko.gif

I would consider another round Tuesday morning

Got the week off and need to get a little riding in

will confirm Monday PM

That would be great if you can make it. I was hoping for a smallish group of riders. B)

It should be nice and sunny out there on Tuesday, too. The last of the storm will pass from the area on Monday, then it'll warm up a tiny tad and the skies will be clear until Thanksgiving day.

One more bump on this thread just in case anybody can get the time off and make the ride with us tomorrow. :coolio:

Is there room for 1 more, maybe 2? You mentioned a "smallish group", and my son and I are thinking about heading up there to enjoy the conditions but not sure how many are in your group. Might as well all be going same direction to avoid any possible headons

Is there room for 1 more, maybe 2? You mentioned a "smallish group", and my son and I are thinking about heading up there to enjoy the conditions but not sure how many are in your group. Might as well all be going same direction to avoid any possible headons

So far as I can tell, there's only two us right now. So, a couple more would be great. It doesn't look like I have to worry about 15 people going or something like that. :blush:

Mimi, after great day out at McCain today will probably be heading back there in the morning but a bit earlier than your group. Need to do some testing to compare setup on 2 bikes back to back on couple ST loops so most likely stage from last campground as easier to change back and forth, will look out for your group on the trails, have fun (very easy).

how was that dirt today? I'm really considering taking off work and going riding...

Will probably see you all in the morning. My sons and I are planning to be there around 10 am. I was hoping to join Bob and Dai this morning also but bike maintenance issues sidelined me today. :angry: McCain should still be good tomorrow. :D

how was that dirt today? I'm really considering taking off work and going riding...

Yes, I think you need a day off. Call it a mental health day. Riding would be the best thing for you.

Tad slippy in places as rain had only just stopped but in a word, awesome, sure you must have some illness to need a day off, sick of work normally doesn't count unfortunately.

It'll certainly still be nice dirt out there today. Looking forward to seeing to those who will be attending. :party: