Beaver, Utah 10-19 to 10-24 2011.

4 DAYS OF RIDING.

Fish Lake National Forest.

Paiute Trail.

Copper Belt Mt. 13,300 ft.

Top of Big John's Flat.

Great conditions: snow, mud, ice, damp soil. Day time temp of 65 degrees.

post-0-068299900 1319766901_thumb.jpg

Checking out the route at the mountain pass

post-0-018549600 1319766927_thumb.jpg

The woods ride added a decoration to Jerry's boot.

post-0-029361200 1319767097_thumb.jpg

BILL STRIKING A POSE. I'm calling Playgirl magazine.

post-0-046626100 1319767069_thumb.jpg

Wood's riding had many downed trees across the single track. We went over, under and around, over and over again. Jerry, Mark, and Bill hiked down the trail and found too many downed trees to continue. It was a exhausting walk at 10,000 ft.

post-0-004430100 1319767134_thumb.jpg

Some "very icy" snow and mud sections tested the trial's tires and they are a no go! Ice base with snow on top. The Dunlop 606 on front and rear worked great in ice, snow and mud.

post-0-023688300 1319767168_thumb.jpg

Slippery ice on the trials tires.

post-0-039994200 1319767189_thumb.jpg

The Dunlop 606 tires rode straight up this.

The Maxis IT Desert tire seems to last as long as the Dunlop 606 on the rear.

Placing my ktm 450 exc on the side and dragging the bike under trees, flooded the smog canister, which lead to my bike choking out and not running until we drained the smog canister. We left the drain bolt out of the canister, and the bike started and ran terrifically. The canister was full of gas. On the ATV trail, a branch snagged by fanny pack and tore it from my waist. It was like a quick release system which tossing your stuff down the hill in one swift movement. A little hike down the hill to retrieve my camera and other stuff and a custom strapping job to the bike and all was well.

Mark, Bill, Jerry at a view point. Last year this view point had a view of a hugh fire that could not be extinguished. It burned for __________? (like 6+ months) Fish Lake Forest.

Who knows how long it burned and how large of an area?

post-0-077196100 1319770812_thumb.jpg

You take too many cool trips brian.......this one looks a bit cold, but looks like an awesome place...

Excelent-Got some plans for the upcoming year to hit some of those trails. I better get in shape !

agree about the trials tire at low pressure in snow- knobbies are better in snow, mud and loose stuff

I LOVE BEAVER !!!!!!!!!

Great pictures Brian. Although it looks cold in the photos it wasn't of course we waited for it to warm up before riding each day. The fall conditions just make a good place to ride a great place to ride.

What the?…...

Drinking the ORANGE KOOLAID AT ELEVATION will do that to a guy !!!

Lots of orange in tem hills.

Great pictures Brian

Looks like a really good time, just put some new trials tires on the bike last week - still virgins..

I will keep an eye out for those patches of snow / ice

Lets try and get a ride in when you are around..even if its in the neighborhood

dan

agree about the trials tire at low pressure in snow- knobbies are better in snow, mud and loose stuff

[/That must be why Trials events are only run during the warmer months on pavement.