Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Tecate Hare Scrambles 3DEC2011

http://www.losancianos.com/HareScrambles.html

This is always one of the best local area races (rides) for off roaders to do. It's always an epic event with many top level riders showing up. Get yer passports ready and tune up your bodies for 3 hours of non-stop fun on epic single track!!

All in ! Have heard so many great things...........I can't wait

We wait all and every year for these Los Ancianos events.

If you never do any other race do a Los Ancianos Race (or ride). The course layouts are epic, the whole scene is super cool and there are always top level who's who of off roaders (both National and Internationals) signed up to race.

Quality and Quantity (of trails) are always on the Tecate HS (and enduros) Los Ancianos Club menu.

PS and if you take these events as hardcore test yourself trail rides and not speed crazy races against everyone you will enjoy the ride much more, and finish with a smile. R

Entry forms now available for download

entry form

ENTRY FEES:

KTM Pro Challenge: $125

Ironman: $120

Other Classes: $70

Pre-entry received by Nov/30/2011

Late entry: $80.00, $130 for Ironman

Guest Crusty

PS and if you take these events as hardcore test yourself trail rides and not speed crazy races against everyone you will enjoy the ride much more, and finish with a smile. R

I would like to ride this event, can you explain the format and classes.

Do I need to run a big tank or need a pit.

How many miles are the loops.

Is the 3 hours the Ironman, doing both sportsman and another class.

Sportsman class is 2 hr around 12 mile loops, AB in 2 hrs rounnd 25 mile loops, ironman is sportsman and AB races, next year maybe.

Los Ancianos just added a 60+ class for the AM Sportsman 2 hour short course Race!

Dai, fairly sure I will age drop and be with you in the 40B class for the Pro race, I aint racin 50A.

For reference in 09 it was a 2 lap very close to 3 hour ride (@2:50)for me, Pros finished at @2:15).R

more practice seat time ride on Fri or Sat??

Los Ancianos just added a 60+ class for the AM Sportsman 2 hour short course Race!

Dai, fairly sure I will age drop and be with you in the 40B class for the Pro race, I aint racin 50A.

For reference in 09 it was a 2 lap very close to 3 hour ride (@2:50)for me, Pros finished at @2:15).R

50A could be silly but you deserve to be there with all these podiums:) Going to send my entry in tomorrow in 40B before I do something silly and enter ironman class.

Been out today setting up new bike and getting closer, yes to ride later this week, friday should be better from what I heard another storm should hit saturday.

Dammit I wasn't planning on racing this, but 60+ might be to good to pass up.

Old Guys Rule, I'm sending my entry in today. The 60+ class will have at least 1 rider.

Bill, I know of at least another anciano rider that will be in your class.

Dai the real 50A guys will smoke me if they dont drop age classes(2 I know personally) or in LR's case maybe even pro class it. I am signed as a 40B again (as a 50(me), or other age you can go lower age bracket as you know).

I would like to ride this event, can you explain the format and classes.

Do I need to run a big tank or need a pit.

How many miles are the loops.

Is the 3 hours the Ironman, doing both sportsman and another class.

Craig,

As Dave stated and here is my explanation. The sportsmen race will start at 0900 and will run on a shorter less technical course. The Pro race will start at 1200 and be a long course more technical course. In the 09 PM (pro) we all completed 2 laps, the pros came in at @2:15, I personally was near the 3 hour mark, its long and tough, I used my big tank in 09 for a no stop run. This year I will use my peanut tank and fuel bike and body after L1.

Both the races are officially a 2 hour Hare scramble, green flag go,then race to the checkers. You will need to plan for your fuel according to the info on the Los Ancianos site that gives @ mileage. Iron man is doing both races so @ 100 miles of ST, tougher in the second race(moto). Classes are listed on the website. Sportsman are strictly age bracket classes (for motos all classes are open run what ya brung). The PM race has age brackets and skill level from Pro to A and B in the age brackets(again see the L-A website)

http://www.losancianos.com/HareScrambles.html

guarantee---if you or anyone does this event you will be talking about how great it was all year. And even if it kicks butt you will be waiting for the next one.

Looking forward to it, we may even get some more rain before saturday so should be epic. Who else is going, I am, robertaccio and his posse, racerbill, christi??, spaugh??, crusty??

dave,

some are going on fri afternoon, me and some others early sat morn to support the AM riders and get set up with plenty of time for our PM race. one of us will need at least a few laps of the test track to verify suspension settings on his Factory Connection prepped CRF450. Let me know if you go fri or we can all caravan sat morn from the usual 7-11 at jamul.R

dave,

some are going on fri afternoon, me and some others early sat morn to support the AM riders and get set up with plenty of time for our PM race. one of us will need at least a few laps of the test track to verify suspension settings on his Factory Connection prepped CRF450. Let me know if you go fri or we can all caravan sat morn from the usual 7-11 at jamul.R

I was thinking of going down friday and camping overnight but now with this storm coming in it may not be too much fun so will see how it looks and may well meet up with you saturday morning.

A miracle may occur and allow me to make it. It has been- (ahem) a while since I have been to Mexico. What do I need? Passport and what else?

I have Rekluse clutch in the box that I am contemplating installing and running for the first time Saturday. I am not sure if that is a good idea or not.

Matt,

would be great for you do this event, you will not be disappointed, these Los Ancianos events never disappoint(and with possible moisture!!!EPIC). AM sign up is no issue we will have plenty of time.

My take on the rekluse....noooo never install a "new" device before a race without a thorough testing and eval.Also be prepped for a cold snap ( I have my MSR elefant ears ready to install if needed).

Like I said we will meet at the 7-11 Jamul on the 94 @ 0615-0630 on Sat morn to caravan down. Bring passport and copies of bike documents, Also not a bad idea to use the recommended bajabound insurance for a one day liability policy (or more if you choos)

PM me for cell # and if you need more info. Our race will start at 1200, we will support our friends in their 0900 race. Rob

Dave talk to Tim and crew they will be there on Fri. or see ya at the meet spot.

PS It's fine if you come down just dont race in the 40B class!!! ( I dont need another guy to roost and beat me!!)

It aint HD but its still motivating.(from the 09 version)

Just installed the clutch nyah nyah nyah.

Yes, I know it is a bad idea, my pondering was rhetorical only. Unfortunately, if I waited for a good time, it would likely stay in the box forever.

If I go, I will try to meet up with you. My wife's blood pressure will be greatly reduced if she thinks I am in a group. That is darn early in the morning, but....

Plus, after I got it installed, Rekluse talks about a break-in procedure. Doh. I have to figure out how to do that between now and Sat noon.

I am way ahead of normal. I am not trying to do all this Friday night.

Also- will be racing 40+, but not 40B.