bikeslut

bikeslut band whore

Friday Aug19- 6 pm at Biggs Harley Davdison...I'm wearing assless chaps and that's all there is to it

Sept 3 in Oceanside

We also are signed up for a "battle of the bands" in Viejas starting this Sunday....40 bands vying for a $25,000 cash prize...that's the good news

Band news: the same band wins every year...its the Viejas resident band. The sound guys know how to set them up....the lighting guys have their show down pat and accent all the right places and have the timing down... Rumors of just a "little more work" from the stage crew, sound and lighting. They are also all career musicians, and have their show choreographed and play that venue every week... The proverbial "hometown advantage"...but most of the people in my band are excited to do it, so I'm in... I personally would rather play smalltanks birthday party than something like this...but the have illusions of grandeur, especially the young or inexperienced in my band.

IF we make it through the first round, I'll be sounding the bugle (as it were) to round up the troops for some support...but not even going to ask until they eliminate half the bands

As always- thanks to all of you that support local music, lest we be subjected to karaoke and rap on a daily basis

Hey: You can pull that assless chaps shennanagans in Hillcrest but they will kill you at the Harley shop.Ha Ha Ha

For those of you who dont know where Biggs is at, Furniture row San Marcos.

Hey- I'm just trying to fit in...although I think I'll have more in common with Harley guys than I do with most of last nights crowd. Lots of alernative life styles, but the weirdest thing I say was:

A guy- maybe 70 years old...very short; maybe 5' 1"...sandals and sweat pants- alternatively no shirt (the better to accentuate his scoliosis and sagging pelt)...he had a striking resemblance to Charles Manson with the exact same look in his eyes...he also had a penchant for sucking on his red necktie.

Other highlights- the 6' 6" 100 pound "lady" with 5 o clock shadow, adams apple and slinky skirt

The guy that skipped EVERYWHERE...

I think Amelia Earhart was there too

I'm wearing assless chaps and that's all there is to it

All the more reason to be there :blink::wacko::heh:

So you're both a whore and a slut ! :heh:

Hmmm, this Friday....on the way home after work....hope to make it.

I'm wearing assless chaps and that's all there is to it

sooooo, just for sake of questioning....how are "assless chaps" different than the "normal" variety??

B)...NOT that i have ever wore either ....-less or -full "chaps" (*full disclosure and all*)

just a curiosity....for "research", you know...

Assless is what makes chaps what they are, which is chaps. If they had a covering over the back, then they'd be more along the lines of regular pants (well, the front would have to be covered too). :blink:

It depends what you wear under the chaps....if anything, right Bob ? :lol:

Oh, I'm almost afraid to ask: What instrument do you profess to play? What kind of music?

Please, no comments from the peanut gallery... :mellow:

Hey- I'm just trying to fit in...

Oh, I'm almost afraid to ask: What instrument do you profess to play? What kind of music?

Please, no comments from the peanut gallery... :mellow:

Hey- I'm just trying to fit in...

I dabble in a number of instruments and play most types of music, with the exception of country and rap...I have recorded some hip hop, folk music, soul, R and B, classical, jazz, big band, ska, soca, reggae, etc.

My main instrument played these days is trumpet and my main music is some sort of Motown/RandB/soul/rock/mix...my bands currently are The Tighten Ups, Soul Camp, and Dirty Birdz and The Horn Starz.

I'll post some links when I get to a real computer- my most recent recording available to the general public is an album called All Directions by The Donnis Trio and I play on two songs...youtube has plenty if anybody is interested

I am questionable for the Biggs show; I have some corporate people in town, and we generally have meetings/dinner until fairly late. The show will go on, just without me...which cracks me up, becasue the other two horns piss each other off (which is why I stand in the middle)...I also lead the section, but they'll just pick different songs if I'm out...

Post a link to your examples, BS. Good times when I saw 'em.

there are a few different bands there

tomorrow- Sunday Aug 21st- The Tighten Ups are included in the Viejas Ultimate Music Challenge... basically an attempt to find the best cover bands in San Diego. While we do a lot of "cover songs", I don't really think of us as a "cover band"... we just don't do it the way the original was done in many cases.

That being the case, it can't hurt to try, so we are signed up... it is a round robin type competition, with American Idol type judging... we play 5 songs, then listen to Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson critique our performance; well, not exactly them, but somebody. So we stand on stage, and they give us feedback on how to improve our performance.

When the first day is over, they let us know who has advanced to the next round, and who is done. The eventual winner gets a $25,000 cash prize, and, I assume, the "house band" of Viejas gig (which pays a couple of grand a night I think)... so; while being the house band ANYWHERE does not appeal to me, the rest of my band would love it. Our chances are slim at best, but they all want to do it...

SO- tomorrow; any East County folks that are out there, might want to go to the Dreamcatcher Lounge... bands will be playing all night- I think we go on at 6 or so, but all of the bands should be really entertaining.

support local music- Paul- if we make it to the final round, we are going to play "Inside Me" (an original and CLEARLY outside the bounds of morality) you can be onstage, and dance with Meri

Paul- if we make it to the final round, we are going to play "Inside Me" (an original and CLEARLY outside the bounds of morality) you can be onstage, and dance with Meri

Hmm. "Dance" with a lady trombone player.

I'll ask Indra if'n that'd be ok.

Standby...

As my Facebook friends have prolly seen... We lost!

Well; we didn't lose... One judge had us tied for first, one had us solidly winning, and one had us second... Sounds like at "least" a tie, right?

Well; audience response weighed in... So the 3rd place "judged" band won... Weird!

But we had fun, and we'll be back!

One of the judges told the horn players to work on our dancing! But the fat 50 year olds doing pelvic thrusts all night was apparently not worth mentioning! Ha!

But; criticism makes you better

Well, let's see.

You were a big hit at Bar Pink.

And lost by a very narrow margin this week.

What changed? What key ingredient is missing from this weeks performance vs the Bar Pink performance?

Huh. I think I know...king.gif

Larry's Beach Club in Oceanside tonight, from 930 until 1...

Wong's Dragon Room in La Mesa on Sept 24th...

Guest Crusty

Mckabes in O side.

Haven't been there in about 6 years.

We had a great time at Davina's Cabo Grill 10:30-12:30 last night in O side.