Was planning on checking it out for a few hours in the morning.

Any idea what time they start ? No times on the site.

Race is the Iron Man class, it's a 30 min Moto open to any size bike

and is a series for that class. Most points at the end of the season wins the Iron Man Award.

Then after that race all the other classes go. They do have a modern support class also for the new bikes.

It's lots of fun. I went to the one they held last month and was treated to top level racing by names like Scott Burnworth and Gary Chaplin.

I may go....I'll have a Desert Dash shirt on if I'm there...maybe see a couple of you there.

The parking and pits are open. I can't remember if there was a minimal charge for parking but I don't think so. Here's Last Year which was really an enjoyable day.

My friend John and I will be there around 10am.

We went there and they wanted $10 to spectate...we didn't think that was worth 1 or 2 hours of spectating, so we went for an all day ride instead/

It may have been the same last year, can't remember. I'd call it well worth $10 to watch folks who are passionate about their sport and support CALVMX and help cover the cost of the liability policy they probably had to buy.

Glad u got a ride in.....that wasn't your KTM parked in Ramona....about 11:30 - Noon..?

We went there and they wanted $10 to spectate...we didn't think that was worth 1 or 2 hours of spectating, so we went for an all day ride instead/

This site needs to install a UNLIKE button.

you dislike that they want $10 to watch or that Randy is too cheap to spring for $10 to watch...

as for "unlike" buttons

Randy- there is a little + and - sign on the bottom of each post... which I gather to be similar to the "reputation" gas gauge from Thumpertalk a few years ago

Are you considering implementing that feature? or is it just part of the program for SDAR (like when I got the DRZ with "awesome" installed, it automatically had cup holders, and even though I didn't WANT cupholders I left them on the bike... I still use them sometimes... like riding Ranger and waiting for paul, I stop and have a cup of coffee)

is THAT the sort of post that would result in NEGATIVE reputation points? :torch:

you dislike that they want $10 to watch or that Randy is too cheap to spring for $10 to watch...

For what you get $10 is VERY REASONABLE. Hate to call him cheap, he drinks imported beer after all.

[#10127] Action Failed: You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day

It may have been the same last year, can't remember. I'd call it well worth $10 to watch folks who are passionate about their sport and support CALVMX and help cover the cost of the liability policy they probably had to buy.

Glad u got a ride in.....that wasn't your KTM parked in Ramona....about 11:30 - Noon..?

To each his own....we were only stopping by for a little while to check it out, and decided to ride instead. As far as insurance and their expenses, the race entry fees cover the cost of putting on the races.

We were having breakfast in Ramona at the Kountry Kitchen about that time.

To each his own....We were having breakfast in Ramona at the Kountry Kitchen about that time.

Agreed. I just found it worth it...for me. Yup....great local spot for breakfast. I was going to stop in & say HI but was coming in from Warner Springs and was BAKING so I just wanted to get down off of the hill.