Crawdaddy

CORE returns to Primm/Bar 10 on 9/30-10/3

3 Club Rides are now open for registration on CORE in August, Sept, Oct......check it out: http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/home

The most recent addition is the return trip to Primm/Bar 10.......

Teaser: Hobiee taking in the view at a new waypoint/wrinkle for the next trip to Bar 10........leave earlier........ride longer.......are you "in"? ;):D

CoreWhitmore2.jpg

I really want to do this ride, but I can't get any of my usual riding buddies to commit.

I don't want to ride by myself.

Before I register, I'm wondering how hard it would be to get in with an existing group or find another single rider who wants to team up.

If anyone is in the same boat as I am, let me know.

with that many people, and the differing levels...it's REALLY easy to hook a group

with the 50 or so there was in the lot, i looked a little, and found the GREAT red team!!! :party:

if you are so inclined, there's usually a "group thread"(*OR is this that thread now??? :heh: )

but it's pretty easy riding too..and like a flock most all go the same route...i saw MANY of them go by me!!!

B)...man, so tempting to go back on this trip too!!!

edit: who you ride with WILL make the time change as well...5 1/2hours out(*t'was BEAUTIFUL!!!) and 3 back(*t'was MUCH quicker)...

Is this a GS friendly ride? Does anyone ride big bikes on these trips or should I stick to a 450 or 650?

Thanks

Is this a GS friendly ride? Does anyone ride big bikes on these trips or should I stick to a 450 or 650?

Thanks

It's GS friendly as long as it doesn't rain....... You have a place out there.....you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about :heh:

We had a GS1150 (Snaildarter) in the group 2 or 3 years ago......that low hugger front fender was a nightmare in the mud....

You'd likely want to take the easier route from Bar 10 to Toroweap on Day 2 (head out to the Schoolhouse and cut over)......I don't think you'd enjoy the hard way (banging through the rocks on the big bike near Petty Knoll)....that's really the only rocky/nasty part of the ride.....we have a few new wrinkles but they're not too bad.....

Thanks

It's GS friendly as long as it doesn't rain....... You have a place out there.....you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about :heh:

We had a GS1150 (Snaildarter) in the group 2 or 3 years ago......that low hugger front fender was a nightmare in the mud....

You'd likely want to take the easier route from Bar 10 to Toroweap on Day 2 (head out to the Schoolhouse and cut over)......I don't think you'd enjoy the hard way (banging through the rocks on the big bike near Petty Knoll)....that's really the only rocky/nasty part of the ride.....we have a few new wrinkles but they're not too bad.....

Yes, that mud is a nightmare. It's more like Crisco. I will probably ride my 450, more fun and I am unfamiliar with the single track on that side of the mountain and would love to check it out!

though I've riden that area twice this year already....I may still Go again!!!

( unless my plans for a multi day trip to south rim work out....time will tell)

....bikepacking/spending 1 night over at toroweep is a WAAAY Worthwhile adventure...should anyone want to add that....

though I've riden that area twice this year already....I may still Go again!!!

( unless my plans for a multi day trip to south rim work out....time will tell)

....bikepacking/spending 1 night over at toroweep is a WAAAY Worthwhile adventure...should anyone want to add that....

Really wanted to do this one but it just isn't going to work out. The wife and I are taking the 4wd into Toroweap on the 30th and spending the night. Sounds like we will probably be just ahead of you but if you see an red Toyota Tacoma with a shell along the way be sure to say hi (there may even be a few frosty refreshments in the cooler!).

Really wanted to do this one but it just isn't going to work out. The wife and I are taking the 4wd into Toroweap on the 30th and spending the night. Sounds like we will probably be just ahead of you but if you see an red Toyota Tacoma with a shell along the way be sure to say hi (there may even be a few frosty refreshments in the cooler!).

I'll keep my eyes open :)

(there may even be a few frosty refreshments in the cooler!).

that would be sweet!....I packed ONE frosty beverage with me for the bikecamp trip...of course it wasn't too frosty after 120 mile ride......It sure was tasty with dinner under the rocks at the Toroweep campground.....with the 40-50 extra lbs of gear /food/water already on the bike, one was enough to carry.....Maybe we'll see you out there!!!

Sunset from the overlook near the campground.....can't wait to go back!!!

canyonSUNSETtree.jpg

3 Club Rides are now open for registration on CORE in August, Sept, Oct......check it out: http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/home

Teaser: Hobiee taking in the view at a new waypoint/wrinkle for the next trip to Bar 10........leave earlier........ride longer.......are you "in"? ;):D

CoreWhitmore2.jpg

Happy August.......The next CORE Club ride at Primm/Bar 10/etc. is two months from........TODAY

Plenty of room......registration info available here: http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/core-calendar/view/15

Need to line up registrations by the end of August to set up Motels/T-Shirts/etc.....

CoreWhitmore2.jpg

Happy August.......The next CORE Club ride at Primm/Bar 10/etc. is one month from........TODAY

Plenty of room......registration info available here: http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/core-calendar/view/15

Isn't it 2 months from today?

Isn't it 2 months from today?

Yep.....mental lapse....corrected post.......I need to have registrations in one month from today (ideally) so I can line up/confirm the motel discounts, custom T-Shirt orders, etc....

I spoke with the folks at the Bar 10 Ranch during the lunch hour......they're still reserving the place for CORE (~35 spots) but we only have 14 registered to date.......the ride is "on" regardless, but I'm not sure how much longer they'll hold it open exclusively for CORE.......so if you're on the fence, please jump over soon and register by calling Bar 10 Ranch @ 800 582 4139 and also signing up via Eventbrite on the CORE website ( http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/core-calendar/view/15 )

Thanks!

I am so a maybe, sort of, possible, don't know yet. But if Bar 10 is full I can always sleep on the rim of the Grand Canyon under the stars.

Covered in Milky Way

I spoke with the folks at the Bar 10 Ranch during the lunch hour......they're still reserving the place for CORE (~35 spots) but we only have 14 registered to date.......the ride is "on" regardless, but I'm not sure how much longer they'll hold it open exclusively for CORE.......so if you're on the fence, please jump over soon and register by calling Bar 10 Ranch @ 800 582 4139 and also signing up via Eventbrite on the CORE website ( http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/core-calendar/view/15 )

Thanks!

Only 6 more entries since I posted this two weeks ago so we're half way there......the ride is "on" regardless of total numbers, but I'd like to get a final head count ASAP to leverage motels, Bar 10, T-Shirts, etc.......so please sign up ASAP if you're "in"......THANKS!

IMG_0314.jpg

CoreWhitmore2.jpg

Need to line up registrations by the end of August to set up Motels/T-Shirts/etc.....

Time's up on T-Shirts......just got off the phone with the Bar 10 Ranch.....need final head count/sizes for the event specific Bar 10/CORE T-Shirts by mid next week.........Please click on the link below the pic above and register NOW with Bar 10/CORE if you plan on joining us for this event......no shirts for those registering after 9/7/11.

Bar 10 is ordering the T's tomorrow.....so entries after today may be SOL on a commemorative T-Shirt.......I'm ordering a few extra XL's but that's it.....

Need more motivation? Here's a pic I snapped of one of my daughters on our 2010 club trip.....wide open spaces......beautiful scenery......

IMG_0271.jpg

Looking forward to it, even if I have to ride out to Primm.

If anyone leaving from San Diego or OC has space for one rider and his thumper, please contact me.

-Curtis

Bar 10 is ordering the T's tomorrow.....so entries after today may be SOL on a commemorative T-Shirt.......I'm ordering a few extra XL's but that's it.....

Need more motivation? Here's a pic I snapped of one of my daughters on our 2010 club trip.....wide open spaces......beautiful scenery......

IMG_0271.jpg

Looking forward to it, even if I have to ride out to Primm.

If anyone leaving from San Diego or OC has space for one rider and his thumper, please contact me.

-Curtis

Thanks for signing up on SDAR Curtis :good: ......Chris (Foulplug from ADV Rider) may be able to give you a lift to Primm/Mesquite......we'll see what options we can put together with the folks down here too (Hey everyone, Curtis lives in the Carlsbad area).....I'd rather you DIDN'T ride over from Carlsbad......too far/no fun.....

2 weeks from today.....

CoreWhitmore2.jpg

Unfortunately I can't make this into a moto vacation but we'll be taking the 4wd into Toroweap on Friday and spending the night. Thinking about driving over to the Bar 10 on Saturday just to show the wife the area. Is the magenta track on the attached map do-able by 4wd or should I go around by the schoolhouse? Also I have a VHF radio in the truck. Let me know what frequency you guys are using and I'll monitor just in case I can help.