Sign in to follow this  
isde97

VCMC Quali-Fire at Gorman

As usual, I have trouble getting my act together and don't leave until 7pm Saturday, arriving 11pm to locked gates at staging, and sleep outside the gates.

I am woken several times during the night by rain.

Sunday was cool with scattered clouds, and the first loop had just epic conditions. It was drying out during the second loop, but still really good.

This was the first test, but we did it again for the 5th test. This is it for the 5th test, when it was a lot more slippery, but still not too bad.

(edit- I can't seem to embed from youtube- what am I doing wrong?)

It looks like I finished 14th OA, second in class.

This was a really good day, one that makes me think I should be riding more.

Sorry to hear about daijones problems, I looked for him a bit after the event, but there were a lot of people there.

Great video...looks like a fun leg. Good on ya for getting out there.

Congratulations on your good finish! Thanks for the write up and great video. :party:

That was brilliant thanks for sharing. Lots of blue groove with slick loose stuff on top, wide course but man dont go over the side!! That was intense and super fun!! KTM?

that looks like a really fun course, nice race. how was your new bike? suspension treating you well?

Great Video, Great riding..............

that looks like a really fun course, nice race. how was your new bike? suspension treating you well?

For those who aren't ultra-plugged in, I got a 2011 KTM 250xc-f a couple of weeks ago. This was my second ride on the bike, taking it from .8 hours to 4.1 hours, I think.

I am not thinking it was a mistake to buy it. Handles nice, turns good. Actually, it was kind of encouraging me to do things I probably shouldn't. Initial throttle response is a little fluffy, kind of a surprise given that FI bikes suffered from extra sharp intial response for so long. I think this will get better as I get some hours in the engine.

Suspension is good, I think I backed out the fork compression damping adjuster a bit the first time I rode it. It will take a fair sized hit and doesn't punish on the small stuff. The course was pretty smooth, though, so it wasn't the greatest test. They did send us down a rocky wash for a couple of miles at one point, and it was OK for that.

As I said, it is making me want to go ride more. How is that for an endorsement?

Nice report and video, looked bit fast for me, you did real well especially on 250F. Shame we weren't able to meet up, next time.