akcooper9

All American KTM Rant

I dial the number, and see the jerk in front of me put the cell phone up to his ear... "hello?"... damn! That didn't work so well

[Don't look TrophyHunter]

I had that happen on time to me. We were pulled over one time in Arkansas and treated, what I thought, was unprofessinally by the sheriff's department. No tickets were issued, but I felt his attitude wasn't the way an officer should act. Noted name/badge number/etc. We got home and I called the desk to express my concerns. The operator said that the shift supervisor was out of the office but connected me to his cell phone. "Officers so-and-so, how may I help you?" - yup, the same guy that pulled us over.

Nevermind... :lol:

[/Don't look TrophyHunter]

On a side note, with the impending government shutdown and not knowing what's going to happen to my and the rest of the military's paychecks in the near future, I wanted to throw out a funny quote I heard: "Apparently, freedom IS free!"

:lol: I also walked in to a restaurant of mine last summer... I see a Security officer walking out with two bottled beverages... after a few pleasantries, that concluded with him returning the beverages, I went to call the Security Duty Manager

yep- same officer... but I laid in to him anyway... "let me get this straight.... YOU are the person responsible for safeguarding the assets of this company?!?!?!"

On the "freedom IS free" issue... I think MOST Americans would throw a fit about that... Close the DMV if you must... furlough some service employees... Don't pay politicians...but Military, Law Enforcement or Fire? That is crazy talk

I know a lot of orange bike guys. I was talking in a group about stopping in AAKTM and got 4 different complaints about customer service. Turns out all the guys I know take their orange stuff to Ron Bishop in Escondido.

Of course, there's a story about Ron, too. Customer orders the "soft" gel seat for his 525. Seat comes in and it's hard. He checks to see that he got the seat he paid for. He calls Bishop to bitch. Ron's response: You need to get yourself one of those Goldwings. They've got the soft seats.

I know a lot of orange bike guys. I was talking in a group about stopping in AAKTM and got 4 different complaints about customer service. Turns out all the guys I know take their orange stuff to Ron Bishop in Escondido.

Of course, there's a story about Ron, too. Customer orders the "soft" gel seat for his 525. Seat comes in and it's hard. He checks to see that he got the seat he paid for. He calls Bishop to bitch. Ron's response: You need to get yourself one of those Goldwings. They've got the soft seats.

That sounds like Ron, but nobody knows their stuff better than him.

Covered in Dust

Aaron, if RJ was a jerk to ya, that's definitely a reason to have an issue with the shop. If one of his guys was less than helpful, I would make note of it and speak to RJ about it. A good boss wants to know how his employees are performing in any business and doesn't always have a pulse on the front line of the operation. Aaron I think it would be great if you could call and speak to RJ directly and let him know about your experience. He takes pride in his shop and his work and would surely want to know how he can help serve you better.

I cant say who I talked to cuz I 'really dont know'...and it could have just been one of those days for the guy on the phone.

None the less, because of your guys likes for AAKTM I guess Ill give'm another shot one day!

Thread Closed!

I cant say who I talked to cuz I 'really dont know'...and it could have just been one of those days for the guy on the phone.

I asked this question earler so those that decide to patronize All American know what to watch for, other than giving you a price that you didn't like, what did this guy do and say that makes you say he was ignorant and rude? We're curious, and I'm sure his boss would like to know...

AAKTM - RJ's focus on "helping" his customers has always shown though to me. He has done me many favors that did help me out in a pinch. He knows KTM machines and is spreading good will in the process of being helpful customers. Highly recommended.

Motoworld (Brent) has always been very helpful and straight forward.

Scott and Eddie in parts rock also.

I have been happy with RJ an all american too. I think he has treated me great. I get my 990 + 530 serviced there.

steve

Geez guys, he had a bad experience and he's freakin' PO'd about it. So what, it ain't personal and none of us have a dog in this fight. Some of the comments are way to personal for a forum of like minded people who should be enjoying the riding experience. S(%T, now I'm pissed off.

Geez guys, he had a bad experience and he's freakin' PO'd about it. So what, it ain't personal and none of us have a dog in this fight. Some of the comments are way to personal for a forum of like minded people who should be enjoying the riding experience. S(%T, now I'm pissed off.

Sorry you're pissed.

Yes, I do have a dog in the fight- RJ and AAKTM have always treated me above and beyond fair.

The title of the thread was not," shock recharge seems expensive" nor "where do you go to get a shock recharged" or "can I buy the equipment to recharge shocks myself?". It was a direct assault on the name and reputation of a company and an individual with whom I've had a consistently positive experience. There are other places in town on which I'd happily remain silent.

I'm glad the OP understands that while his personal experience was clearly not positive, it appears that it might be isolated.

I ONLY can stay GREAT things about AAKTM.....Honest, Fair, Helpful, knowledgable, friendly..... :D

They go above and beyond in customer service in my opinion....

(though people answering phones and in custumer service positions in general should ALWAYS be patient, helpful, kind.....ALL of us have days that things go haywire, get stressful, too many calls, too much to do, not enough time, etc etc....I'm not making excuses, just saying that's reality....) And I think it will happen at ANY AND ALL shops at times.....the fact that they are sooo busy shows they have alot of customers counting on them....who are probably very satisfied, that's why they are busy...

Personal Experience at AAKTM:

When I shopped for a KTM, RJ was soooo helpful....I wasn't even a customer yet....I brought a potential used bike up there....he looked it over, gave me advice about that bike, other bikes, etc etc....ran the bike vin online for history .....spent some time and didnt make a penney.......and AGAIN, when I found my current bike....did the same thing....I'd call that some great customer service......So NOW I am their customer.....had my bike up there several times for various things....I'm always happy....

First, let me apologize, I was getting pissed off about the civility of the thread. For what it’s worth, I have had only one experience with AAKTM and it was good. RJ spent an hour showing me the KTM line and what the best choices would be for me knowing in advance that I was not a sure bet and certainly would not be buying that day.

I have been hanging around the site and ridden a few rides over the last year. I think I'm an acquaintance to some and a friend to a few and got involved because I could tell that the people here really enjoyed the sport and the company of the other riders. We all know what it's like at other sites. This thread had some comments, now gone, that had become, in my opinion, too personal. Please don’t think I’m preaching, it’s just that negative comments to or about others can fester and start an unnecessary downward spiral. Something that shouldn’t happen to a unique group like this.

For me, going to the website like going to grandma’s house. Sometimes it’s a hoot and sometimes it’s boring but no matter what happens, I can’t fart in the living room.

You gotta put nitrogen in your shocks? I always just hook em up to the garden hose.

I always like halogen for my rear shock, so I can see where I've been when I go night riding. :crazy:

I use Helium.... Hence the "Airtime" angel.png

BTW, I too have a Nitrogen tank in my enclosed trailer 24/7 for these reasons... But it takes the additional items DD has to make it work for shock re-charging. GOOD ON YOU DD!!! Can you send me the "parts list" or make one up for a slouch like me?

I am in the customer service business and tell all employees a "golden rule"....you are never going to make everybody happy all the time...but, it takes 10 positive occasions to erase one negative.

I am going to be #13 for the positive in this thread.

All of my motorcycles (anything with an internal combustion engine) have never been to a dealer or a shop. I would do all the work myself (except some machine work or suspension valving).

Recently, I picked up an 08' 690 Enduro and wanted the map to be changed. Usually, I would research and figure out a way to do it myself but I met Tim (AAKTM technician) at the Desert Dash.

He really seemed to know his stuff when it came to KTM's and motorcycles in general. So, I dropped my bike off at AAKTM and he cleared all my codes, checked the valves, re-set my map for the exhaust I have and re-routed my throttle cables to fix the TPS issue. First time at AAKTM for repairs and it was a great experience. I learned more about that bike in the time I was there than in front of any computer.

Another thing....I was originally looking for a 620ADV or a 640ADV......called RJ and he gave me straight forward suggestions after explaining what I wanted in a bike. Great customer service.

Granted Tim may have been extra careful with my bike as he was sore from riding with us for the next week and didn't want any more torture :lol:

Everybody has their own opinion (and a* hole) and are entitled to it. They never bother me cause it is just like a fart in grandma's living room. Some stink more than others but they are still there. It is up to me to decide if I want to stick around and smell it or leave.

I'm gone.... :ph34r:

BTW, I too have a Nitrogen tank in my enclosed trailer 24/7 for these reasons... But it takes the additional items DD has to make it work for shock re-charging. GOOD ON YOU DD!!! Can you send me the "parts list" or make one up for a slouch like me?

Really there were only the items that I listed in my post. If you have a good quality regulator and high pressure hose and chuck, the only thing missing would be the bleeder chuck with the gauge on it, which you can find on Racetech's website. Their's is pretty fancy and pretty pricey too, at 130 bucks, but the features are very nice compared to my old Foxair T bleeder. Looks like a modern version of mine is made by Motion Pro and goes for about 180 dollars, while Fox Shocks has a compact version that goes about 80 dollars