Chief Gunner

Let's all get together for a "meet and greet".....

With the blessing of our leaders: KTMrad & Kevin and the rest of the people who put this all together and keep it going for our enjoyment.

I would like to suggest a fixed time and date for as many of us that can, to get together to meet up and put faces to "call-signs / handles"".

I am proposing a casual, yet organized meeting so that we can meet as a group for introductions and discussions relating to who we are, what we are and what we would like to do for the benefit of the whole collective.

I would volunteer to help make arrangements for it all of course.....Maybe a "casual" dinner and a sit down in a conference room with a party at a decent hotel nearby might be a good idea so nobody has to drive or ride after enjoying a meet up with "Dual Sporters" afterwards.... :unsure:

There are so many extremely smart and talented people here and if they are willing and might want to commit some time to it B) I think we could really get some good things rolling that might benefit us all B)

Just to let you all know: At the risk of a "spanking" or being critisized from the ones who put forth the effort to keep it all going I threw this up with a non-offensive and non agenda type of precept. I am not trying to steal anyone's thunder.

my intent is nothing but positive....

To all of the influential reps like: KTMrad, Kevin, Ride-Orange, Uncle Cameron, Sandiegoland and the rest who participate I just wanted to let you know that I have nothing but good thoughts, thinking and words for your efforts and those I have ridden with

Especially when it comes to this group. I have made some great friends here and look forward to meeting more and experiencing some rides and friendships that will last a lifetime! :D

I think the motto is now in effect....

SHUT UP AND RIDE!

Gunz

What do you guy's think?

Aaron

Guns,

I tried last year to get informal BBQ's going and there was little interest. I had one and RideOrange had one then some maintenance days by you and others. I still think rotating Barbecues at different riders locations is a low cost way to meet the collective. I plan on having another this summer, TBD.

What you propose is a good idea if the cost are not too high for all to enjoy.

John

Great idea Gunner! Here's a thread for everybody to jump on. Waddaya think about the idea of getting together ever month, or every-other month, to talk about SDAR club stuff and throw back a few cold ones? These could be just like regular club meetings and give everyone a chance to get to know each other wiithout riding gear on :unsure:B)B)

The BBQs were a blast, and it would be nice to have families get together.

WADDAYA THINK?!?!?

B) Did someone say BBQ, im there,we also need to discuss club shirts and stickers, :unsure:B)

It isn't easy for me to get away in the evenings very often, but I could manage once in a while. It seems like I only get a chance to ride a couple times a month now. If I use a riding day once a month to hang with the guys how am I ever going to improve my riding skills.

On the other hand, I may not be able to ride well enough to keep up with the best of you. But I can hold my own eating and washing it down with a cold one.

My personal suggestion is ride early from say 7 or 8 until 2ish then hang for a few hours after the ride. It will soon be warm enough for this. If for some reason some don't want to ride they could still come and hang afterward. Be it a resturant/bar, someones house, or just a few coolers with food and drinks in the back of our trucks where we start and end a ride. PRESAD (post ride eat stink and drink) :unsure: Ken

...mmm....food

Great idea! Maybe meet at the sdorc meeting. they have a large room, good food, and we could have a good showing for sdar. I know they would appreciate the support.

...mmm....food

Great idea! Maybe meet at the sdorc meeting. they have a large room, good food, and we could have a good showing for sdar. I know they would appreciate the support.
This sounds perfect...... I have been guilty of missing meetings per my work schedule but I think a group appearance from SDAR would be awesome at the SDORC meetings........... Then afterwards we can hang and get sloppy. I would like to (TRY) to schedule one night a month to do this.

Members homes for BBQ's sounds cool as well....... wish I was set up for this myself but I will have to pass it on to Gunz and impose on his pad and BBQ!!!! I did give it the test ya know........ :) I think the BBQ gig will be great for the warmer months when we wont be seeing too much of each other on the local trails.

-A

...mmm....food

This sounds perfect...... I have been guilty of missing meetings per my work schedule but I think a group appearance from SDAR would be awesome at the SDORC meetings........... Then afterwards we can hang and get sloppy. I would like to (TRY) to schedule one night a month to do this.

Members homes for BBQ's sounds cool as well....... wish I was set up for this myself but I will have to pass it on to Gunz and impose on his pad and BBQ!!!! I did give it the test ya know........ :) I think the BBQ gig will be great for the warmer months when we wont be seeing too much of each other on the local trails.

-A

The SDORC meeting is comming up this next Tuesday the first of May. Just wandering if anybody else was going to attend? The last meeting was my first and a real eye opener. I took this great sport of ours for granted until that last meeting. I now know how critical my support is and I am determined to be more active in saving a truly GREAT activity. Last meeting I think I was the only Dual Sporter bike to show. Lots of Jeepers, Racers, Buggys, and Quaders. Sure would like to meet you guys and hope you will join me at the SDORC meeting on Tuesday. http://www.sdorc.org/general_meetings.html

I've been wanting to have an informal club meeting somewhere, sometime. My work was a little slow when I thought about this, and now it's picked up again. My schedule changes daily and I travel a lot, so I can't commit to a week night.

If someone wants to propose a date on a weekend, go ahead. It can't conflict with any organized dualsport events, trail days, etc. June is pretty full for me, I'm thinking later in July after the holiday weekend.

I've been wanting to have an informal club meeting somewhere, sometime. My work was a little slow when I thought about this, and now it's picked up again. My schedule changes daily and I travel a lot, so I can't commit to a week night.

If someone wants to propose a date on a weekend, go ahead. It can't conflict with any organized dualsport events, trail days, etc. June is pretty full for me, I'm thinking later in July after the holiday weekend.

Hey Prez. Its going to be hard to find the perfect day for everybody. Maybe June 24th at Coral Cyn. for a get together, and clean up? You know, two birds, one stone? :friends:

Hey Prez. Its going to be hard to find the perfect day for everybody. Maybe June 24th at Coral Cyn. for a get together, and clean up? You know, two birds, one stone? :friends:

Well, that's a good idea for some to meet, but a few of us will be up at the Big Bear ride that weekend.

I"m thinking more of a sit-down, social type event at a restaurant, or BBQ somewhere.

First date that works for me is July 7... :unsure:

Anybody want to have a Pizza Party on Fri or Sat night for the get together??

Any event on a Saturday night is good, as I have to work on Friday evenings usually. Any event with pizza is usually good too :)

This doesn't seem to be getting there,

How about a BBQ at my place the 7th of July?? Meet and greet there, my treat again.

I will make a new post.

How about a BBQ at my place the 7th of July?? Meet and greet there, my treat again.

I will make a new post.

Hip- Hip- Hooooooray! :) Get me a head count John and I Will supply the refreshments!

There is two pages of replies, so no this is not a dead issue.

We can have a barbecue, and and a meet and greet.

As far as the meet and greet, it sounds like a pizza place is acceptable on a Saturday night.

For convienence of everyone, how about somewhere central-like the Kearny Mesa Area?

What do you all think?

Kevin, Carguy has offered to host the BBQ.....go to this thread

Campo is along way for a lot of people from the coast. Maybe a central location at a different time might give some people a chance to connect on a more formal place in addition to the barbecue?

I'll help out for sure!

COSTCO Run?

Let me know. :D

oops did not go to Kevin's linky.......

Gunner