captcham

Big Bear Trail Riding Extravaganza- May 6th-8th

Listen to you!!! Is rest and recuperation even in your vocabulary?

Not really...(I went to work the day after surgery)....I was excited for the chance to cruise to julian today as a bike passenger..... but my kids flipped .(they kind of serve as my guardians at times :lol: ) ...I guess they were right, best to wait til I get my real cast and heal a few weeks before that..so I respected their wishes and didnt go.....look forward to see you guys in big bear in a couple weeks...

They're right Deb...after my wrist sugery, I went mountain biking with a cast on and pins still in place-

I bent the pins so badly, they hurt like HELL getting removed...and I didn't even crash!

Let it heal, go to physical therapy, and be ready to ride when the body is healed

All good advice that most of us stupid boys ever heed

They're right Deb...after my wrist sugery, I went mountain biking with a cast on and pins still in place-

I bent the pins so badly, they hurt like HELL getting removed...and I didn't even crash!

Let it heal, go to physical therapy, and be ready to ride when the body is healed

All good advice that most of us stupid boys ever heed

yes ...I won't ride (drive) a bike that is....til doc says so....have a busy summer with many trips planned, so wanna be ready...(I will just have to be like most other girls as a passenger for a few weeks.).

Well it looks like we got some folks interested so that's great. Johnny can keep us up to date on the riding areas that will be open and conditions. Looking forward to it !

post-2007-044452600 1303740372_thumb.jpg

Johnny can keep us up to date on the riding areas that will be open and conditions. Looking forward to it !

Considering the end of winter weather and what looks like a promising Spring this year, I expect to see the South side forestry gates open this weekend. (2N10, 2N26, 2N54, Sand Canyon, 2N93 and all points connected to Wildhorse Meadow, Seven Oaks and Coon Creek Cabin area)

Everything to the East (2N02, 2N03, Jacoby Canyon, to Cactus Flats, Rattlesnake Canyon, Pioneertown) have been clear for a while. In fact I've stumbled across a few (new to me) trails above Erwin Lake and Lake Williams that connect to trails East.

I'll check Polique, John Bull, Gold Mountain and the Holcomb area towards Deep Creek this weekend.

Should be all clear with some slushy melting snow maybe in some of the North facing shaded corners.

Pyro, you still in need of a loaner...??

Pyro, you still in need of a loaner...??

I'm all set brother. I got a sweet new (to me) KLR. Thanks again for the generous offer my friend. Unfortunately I won't be making this one anyway. Hopefully I can get up there for a visit at some point later in the year. A very Happy B-Day and best wishes to the birthday girls! :)

Weather is beautiful

John Bull Clear exxcept for several Jeeps. They seemed to think I was crazy.

Gold Mt. Clear

Van Dusen CLOSED But accessible from other points ie; John Bull and the dump

Polique OPEN and clear with some puddles

Holcomb Valley via Fawnskin Rim of the World OPEN and clear

Jacoby Canyon above the dump or from Cactus Flats clear with a little flowing water

Forestry gates on South side are still closed as of today. Signs say .....thru April.

Hopefully tomorrow or the first of the workweek Monday

East to Pioneertown: still cool temperaturess and the Gunfights are happening every Saturday and Sunday at 2:30 on Mane Street

Gonna be a great weekend.

I am out..High School Baseball double header this Saturday. Friday down in Mission Beach Campland for a HUGE Hotrod show all weekend called " The Streak " Sooo Friday and Sunday carshow and Baseball Saturday.

Hi guys,

Looks like I can join in on the fun i'll be driving up there with my wife and kid friday, so I can ride all day Saturday.

I have two questions:

-can I park my truck at the campground or near by during the day?

-what time does the ride star on Saturday?

There is a road that runs between Serrano campground and the North Shore-

I've parked there before

Remember it is Deb,s birthday so we have to have a party somewhere,sometime for her.

:rolleyes:

Edit-- The Mistress too !

SOuth side above the ski slopes, 2N10 and connecting are closed as of yesterday and Monday. Still plenty of superb riding all points North and East.

Headed out in the morning should be set up at camp by the afternoon. JB will be coming around 4pm for a afternoon ride all are welcome. Campfire at my spot and planning for Sat. ride, probably heading out around 9am for a day ride and BBQ Sat. night burgers, etc. fire, BS, and lies. Look forward to riding and seeing some new faces.

Maybe we'll have to move Deb's birthday BB-q to your campfire.

Maybe we'll have to move Deb's birthday BB-q to your campfire.

JB whatever works for everyone, not trying to highjack your party.

Hi guys,

Just arrived going for a bike ride with the family, please post where the meeting spot will be for the ride on Saturday. Weather is great here, perfect for riding.

I think go to the campground and see whats up. Me and Evin ( Deb,s son ) will be arriving mid morning and we hope to hook up with someone for a ride to Pioneer Town. Leave a Phone # and Deb will corandrate a ride :heh: