My bike has been dead for a couple months now, and we've had the carb apart enough times that I can do it in my sleep, I've adjusted the timing, the valves, the clutch, flushed out the fuel and put new stuff in....And it still won't start. It'll shoot huge flames out the pipe, and catch itself on fire, it'll also run for 5 seconds and die when I turn the choke off and never start again. It's a fun thing.

So, my question is, any reccomendations on where I can get a diagnostics run on it? Motorworld quoted me $82....Any one on the board have any ideas?

Thanks!

Also, I'm wanting to sell this bike once I fix it...

My bike has been dead for a couple months now, and we've had the carb apart enough times that I can do it in my sleep, I've adjusted the timing, the valves, the clutch, flushed out the fuel and put new stuff in....And it still won't start. It'll shoot huge flames out the pipe, and catch itself on fire, it'll also run for 5 seconds and die when I turn the choke off and never start again. It's a fun thing.

So, my question is, any reccomendations on where I can get a diagnostics run on it? Motorworld quoted me $82....Any one on the board have any ideas?

Thanks!

Also, I'm wanting to sell this bike once I fix it...

You need the 'Mo.

Tntmo to the white courtesy phone? I can vouch for Wil.

C&D Cycle Centeris the only place I take my WR450 when am not able to figure out an issue.

That says alot IMO, I take certain bikes to certain places. Typically htere is nothing I can't deal with on my own bikes.

I can work it for you. Give me a call, I pm'ed you my number.

"Doc" Engelhardt at Motoworld, Steve's crew at C&D, Rob's crew at Nat city moto

hey have you checked the actual cam timing? Cam chain stretched out?

How old is the "new" gas that you have in it? I went through a similar experience with my bike only to find out that the 3 week old gas had turned to potable water.

"It'll shoot huge flames out the tailpipe"

I'd get a leak test done.

gotta love those reliable 4 strokes...

"It'll shoot huge flames out the tailpipe"

I'd get a leak test done.

gotta love those reliable 4 strokes...

PO spent lots of money getting it to shoot flames out of the tail pipe, and Wil doesn't even have the common decency to appreciate the effort

Wil- good luck...