Sign in to follow this  
PastaPilot

Li Ion batteries

The Ape finally chewed the stock battery. I'd like to replace it with a smaller, lighter battery. What's the latest and greatest in replacement motorcycle batteries?

I tried E-batt, but appears they're long gone.

Guest Crusty

The Ape finally chewed the stock battery. I'd like to replace it with a smaller, lighter battery. What's the latest and greatest in replacement motorcycle batteries?

I tried E-batt, but appears they're long gone.

I got one from battery mart.

The stock one would barely start my new motor.

I've put TurnTech on my 300's and they work great and with no maintenance always work. Have heard good things about Shorai but not tried one though.

TurnTech

"I got one from battery mart.

The stock one would barely start my new motor."

http://www.batterymart.com

I second that...This is where my latest battery purchase was made for the Beemer. With more cold cranking amps than stock....great warranty, free shipping....You can acutually talk to the experts on the phone...

MADE IN USA too. $.02 :coolio:

I've put TurnTech ...... no maintenance..... always work. ....

TurnTech

DITTO THAT....put this one in with Paul Bowers recommendation with my stator upgrade....been awesome so far....high cranking amps...etc...

Where to purchase Shorai?

Shorai lists a std case size 6lbs lighter than YTZ14

Battery Mart doesn't list

Where to purchase Shorai?

Shorai lists a std case size 6lbs lighter than YTZ14

Battery Mart doesn't list

That Shorai caught my attention as well. 1lb battery sounds nice.

I'm going to ditch the 8 lbs of lead acid battery. It's the lighter LiIon batteries that I'm looking for. TurnTech and Shorai are what I'll be shopping for. Currently both companies are sold out.

I just talked to a company regarding the Shorai. They will be shipping middle of April. Best price I could find with no tax and free shipping. He said he would be willing to give us a group discount on a bulk purchase. That will depend on how many. Something is better than nothing.

He also said if you wanted something now you could buy a BALLISTIC battery. They dont seem as strong though.

Throwing it out there.

If a group is two, sign me up. Where do I go?

Jon I told him that there where about 5 of us right now, but that number should grow considering this just hit the site. He did not throw a percentage or a method ( discount code, bulk purchase ). I told him I would put this out and see what the response was.

Well I called to get some info on the discount. First break is at 10 = 8%, next is 25 = 12%.

You cannot get these batteries anywhere right now. They moved to a bigger facility and are building production/ inventory. Seems if we have to wait a couple weeks anyway, a disounted buy would be the way to go.

I really need to get a new battery. If anybody else is interested please post here so we can place that order.

Make mine

LFX09A2-BS12

Bum, what is the shop that you're setting this up with.

TIA

(I'm posting this at apriliaforum.com. to get some more interest)

I am in for a LFX09L2-BS12

Kelly, are you sure you don't want to be a Shorai dealer?

I am running a lightweight trailtech in the Husky, it is incredible the amount of cranking power it has. I think the Shorai will be as good or better. We stopped for gas and food in Death Valley this weekend and I left my halogen headlight on during the stop of appx. 25 minutes and the bike started right up.

During the dash I went through a puddle over near the Salton Sea quite fast and drowned out my engine, I had to crank it over for a long time before it would start. The stock battery would not have lasted half long enough to get it started. Once you crank your engine a little with a Li battery and get the battery warmed up, it actually has more cranking power than it did during the initial use.

So I have made arrangements with http://www.stuntsteel.com/product.asp?itemid=461 to give us an 8% discount. We could not do a bulk order as I would have to put out all the money for everyone. One-thats alot of money- Two-Sdar was fine but if it expanded beyond that would get difficult. He did not want to do the discount code because of the extra fees. We went with the discount code and limited the savings at 8% with no tax, no S&H. This let everyone order at will. This code is only going to be good for 30 days after we set it up.

Chose the code "SDAR". I will let you know when it is set up and ready to order.

- No affiliation with these people, just trying to save us money. If someone works a better deal let us know please -

I just placed my order. The batteries are still listed as back-ordered, but I'm on the list for a new one.

Thanks XRBum

Code is working "sdar"

Any update on when these will be in?

We just installed these in all our cars that my group runs.From ZO6s to the AMG G55 to the new Viper.

Braille Battery USA Lighter • Stronger • Faster

Braille is a world leader in battery technology. From AGM to Lithium-Ion Braille understands the importance of zero failure. Braille Battery is the pioneer ...

www.braillebattery.com/ - Cached - Similar

Warning: 1 Battery for the ZO6 Corvette I just installed was $1400.00

I guess shorai has pushed back their opening date. Looks like they will ship beginning of may.

Talking to the guy who set up the code, orders were CRAP. 3-4 orders does not eguate to all the people who voiced interest.

I guess shorai has pushed back their opening date. Looks like they will ship beginning of may.

Talking to the guy who set up the code, orders were CRAP. 3-4 orders does not eguate to all the people who voiced interest.

I'm waiting until they start shipping to order mine. I don't like other people holding on to my money without knowing when or if I am going to get my battery. What does he expect?

He was nice enough to give us a discount on my assumption that many were actually interested and would order. He gave us the discount for 30 days. He cannot control the other company and their manufacturing of the product.

I felt bad as I thought there would be more orders offsetting him giving us a discount. This is a product that will sell and in high demand. Him giving us a discount is essentially money out of his pocket at this point.

Does anyone have an update on when we will get these?