robertaccio

tecate trail ride, the good stuff

Des McDonald Baja Memorial Ride Mar 19

Los Ancianos Motorcycle Club has scheduled a Memorial Ride in honor of Des McDonald, who tragically passed away this past December while racing in the Tecate Enduro in Baja California.

We plan on departing from Rancho Santa Veronica at 9 AM on Sat March 19. The ride will be led by members of Los Ancianos Motorcycle Club, who will take the group over to the private Rancho Neji, where the Enduro was held. The group will ride the first loop of the Enduro, which is about 30 miles of single track. We will stop at the site of Des accident, place a memorial and have a brief service. We will then continue on the same track Des intended to race that day. We have the ranch owners special permission to use the Enduro course.

Once exiting the private property, we will stop and place a second memorial in a public place on Compadre Trail. This should be close to Noon, and we plan on serving lunch for all ride participants. After lunch, riders are free to continue riding in the awesome terrain of the Sierra Juarez mountains, socialize, or return to Rancho Santa Veronica.

The Enduro course is fenced private property. After the ride, it will not be open to future riding. Please do not return and attempt to trespass.

The Enduro single track was designed by Los Ancianos and meant for dirt bikes. Quads, UTVs, or street bikes will not be able to negotiate the course.

If you would like to stay at Rancho Santa Veronica Friday night, please call Joan Ellis at 619-423-3830 for reservations. Saturday night at RSV is booked full. Sorry.

Please come out and enjoy a day of riding in the very same Baja terrain Des loved and the people who he enjoyed sharing it with.

Kindly RSVP with names for us to plan asap. Email to bajaseve@hotmail.com and final details will be provided.

Muchas Gracias,

Seve

Wish I had known abotu tis sooner and I would have been there for sure.

I Will be their.I only rode with Des twice but he made a lasting impression.

I need to get me a dam passport, so I can go on these Baja rides !

looks like a blast......if I wasn't already booked this weekend I'd be all over it! - Have fun!

You can borrow mine, with a helmet on we all look alike. Just kidding sort of, I do know that guys still go down without passports and get back with minimal problems as long as they have a birth certificate and license.

Chris

That's right a birth cert will do. I'm told if you don't have that stuff, passport or BC they will hassle you but they still have to let you back as you are an American citizen. I have a passport-duh

Now I just need GP to give me a Husky demo bike for the weekend :rolleyes:

Ill be there, but not there....and yes that does make sense.

Ill be there, but not there....and yes that does make sense.

I understand but I bet 98 % don,t know what we are talking about. :unsure:

All went well---till I hit the Border Crossing.I am still in Mex.

Yes you do...

We'll be doing a 3 day, (Tecate to San Felipe and back - with a one day to relax in Felipe) here really soon (before it gets too hot).

GET ON IT!!

we just made the border by 10 mins!we got hammered from our ride......

I sat in line 2hr 20 min. I realy need to park on the US side and ride over !

2hr 20min wait. You were 3cars in front of us, another 10 mins and off to TJ. Good day of hammerdown topped off by winning the poker run with racerbill

You guys just made it too, I was sweating the hassle of having them slam the gate on us!!

The ride was tough but great as always towards the end of the afternoon/eve A loop i got hung up 2x in mud holes.....those were my worst moments of the day. The border wait was cake!! (really it sucked!) Glad you had a good ride a took the poker hand!! My bike looks a mess! That for me was the hardest of the rides yet. RN

PS I quickly relearned from my east coast upbringing how to get good extracts from mud holes/ruts with minimal effort.

It was my 1st hammerdown, looped out once at jurassic rock, damn trials tire, other than that it went good, bill and I each won a pair of alpinestar boots for the poker run, not to shabby.

I sat in line 2hr 20 min. I realy need to park on the US side and ride over !

And I thought 1hr 30 mins was bad after Tecate enduro, so frustrating!!

As I said Bill and I won alpinestar boots, tech 7's just got off the phone with them and they allowed us to upgrade to tech 10's for $200.

A new set of tech 10's for $200.!!!

A-STAR ROCKS

Very nice!! See that, all that trail thrashing/beating/hammering paid off!!! I won a Scotts steering stabilizer a few years back, the HD raffle is a high value raffle for sure.

remember this little gem....

Yea that was right after taking a little break under the trees, we snaked next to the creek and then this, it doesn't show the approach. Bill went left up the face of some rocks, Wade and I went to the right.

Bill's a stud! I kinda weaved and scraped through the gap on the right approach. You can see a guy we know on his 300 kato get pitched back off one of left side rock face approaches ...denied! near the beginning.

near the end of the vid I am off to right of cam trying to assist (red/wht axo gear), but lost grip on the honda guys bar and he went back onto his butt and jacked his knee, I felt super bad.