Wakemedic

New Guy From Oceanside

Hey Guys,

After "lurking " on this site for over 5 months, I finally joined recently. I tried a while back to email a couple of guys to volunteer to be a medic for the DD, but apparently my computer skills are as bad as my ability to ride in deep sand. Been riding street continuously for over 25 yrs, but fairly limited dirt experience compared to most of you. Completely new to Dual Sport. I have a DRZ 400, and yea it's Black. I went to the Bikepacking Seminar last Saturday and met some great people. Thanks for the Hospitality Mistress.... The best pulled pork sandwich I've had in a long time. KKUG put on a great class. I have alot of time in the mountains hiking and camping, but it was really cool to see it come together on a bike. XR650L BUM was talking about my "new guy initiation" and after 3 layers of skin peeling off my nose I'm guessing sitting in the Ramona sun for 6 hours without sunscreen was it. Spyder, Paul, Dirtsurfin, Cable Jockey, Beez, Bagster, CrawDaddy and Covered in Dust were all full of great hints and advice for me getting started in Dual Sport. Stoked to meet some of you guys and Looking forward to getting in on some Noob friendly rides.

Oh yea.... and thanks Socalhodaka for the great deal on the Flight Vest.

Glad to have you ! Your skills may come in handy some day.

Your skills may come in handy some day.

True. We hope not, but true.

welcome.gif It was good to meet you last weekend. I'm a novice dirt & street rider so I'll probably be seeing you on some of those noob friendly rides. If I remember correctly you promised to give us a list of what you would pack in your first aid kit when bikepacking so post up any time.

welcome to the club... medic needs are rare, but invaluable when we ned them

I always suggest "just walk it off", but some of the more sensitive people think we should wait for professionals :coolio:

Join up on a noob-friendly ride sometime, or post your own; seems like North County has quite a few new guys recently

Wake Medic,

Nice meeting you too. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna bite the bullet and order a Trail Tech "Vapor" speedometer. When I do I'll let you know, maybe we could get together and try to install it. I know you'd mentioned having some interest in getting one. If you get it before me let me know. I'd like to get some installation ideas/experience. From what I understand the install can be a little challenging.

Take it easy,

Paul

im another dual sport noob in oceanside. ive got off road experiance, but on road to off road back on the road is all new to me. if you ever want to go ride, or need a partner to get out and check out new trails let me know. ive got a bike thats new to me and i wanna get out and puts some hours on it any chance i get and shake it down.