single sided swingarm and lefty fork... done

Are you riding 1 of those goofy Po-Go stick Cannondales with 1 fork leg. :wacko:

single sided swingarm and lefty fork... done

Are you riding 1 of those goofy Po-Go stick Cannondales with 1 fork leg. :wacko:

:lol: no.. I was playing around

I am running a Psylo on both of my bikes currently (shows you how current I am :rolleyes: )... mountain bikes are just as expensive as dirt bikes, I swear (my last mountain bike actually did cost the same as my DRZ and more than my WR (not counting repair costs :coolio: )

I also think Cannondale mountain bikes are ughly, and I don't think anybody has a single sided swingarm for a bicycle yet

simple and Smart very smart.

http://www.trail-tube.com/

forgive my ignorance... isn't removing the tire about the EASIEST part of changing a flat? Pulling the bead, etc. using irons... that all seems HARDER with this method

Robert... have you actually USED this?

I "get it" on a bicycle... you can pull and set beads by hand

Seems like a gimmick to me. I've changed mountain bike and road bike tires on the ride. Not a real big hassle. On bikes the wheels just pop off. flip the bike, flip a lever and the wheel is off. Seems it would be harder to work around frame or forks. With slime tubes flats are very rare on my mountain bike anyway. I don't race motorcycles, so I see no point in a fast tire change, just to do it again when I get home, don't no if that is a permanent or temp fix, site does not say. Seems like you would have a possible gap without air/tube. If I raced and time was important, looks like a good idea, if it was practiced alot.

...and I don't think anybody has a single sided swingarm for a bicycle yet

They exist

Itexists.jpg

Itexists2.jpg

Itexists3.jpg

...and I don't think anybody has a single sided swingarm for a bicycle yet

They exist

Itexists.jpg

Itexists2.jpg

Itexists3.jpg

How many gears? I am not seeing a chain or derailer. Looks homemade too. I know I am judging this without knowledge of the actual bike and have not ridden it, but from the perspective of these pictures it looks like a POS.

How many gears? I am not seeing a chain or derailer. Looks homemade too. I know I am judging this without knowledge of the actual bike and have not ridden it, but from the perspective of these pictures it looks like a POS.

It is a bike in development. From what I understand it is currently a single speed design.

Simple tube swap?

When I replace the tires on the RXV I'll be simply swapping tubes for Bib Mousse.

This is what I use, takes some getting used to changing them but no worries about flats when riding whatever you hit.

I'm getting some of these it'll cut the time of repairing a trail flat by at least 50%. As it is said "when one guy gets a flat we all get a flat".

"when one guy gets a flat we all get a flat".

Wow I sure could have used one of these when "we all got a flat" this last sunday :huh:

Am I the only one thinking that removing and installing the tire only takes 2 minutes max...then take the extra time trying to rotate the tire and unseating the bead while working around the swingarm...

I helped Ozzy with his flat...tire was already off when I got there...the time to do the tube change was a few minutes...airing up a couple more...seating the bead another

I like Jons idea, or tire balls, heavy duty tubes, tuebliss...all those ideas better than this one....maybe I'm alone

"when one guy gets a flat we all get a flat".

Wow I sure could have used one of these when "we all got a flat" this last sunday :huh:

Apparently only you got a flat last Sunday

It's not to bad when there's a rock or a fence to use as a jack and you have help. When you are alone or left to die on the trail like Chris this might be a real handy thing, I'm getting some.

Hey those tubes were around years ago. They disappeared and now they are back !! allright !

Am I the only one thinking that removing and installing the tire only takes 2 minutes max...then take the extra time trying to rotate the tire and unseating the bead while working around the swingarm...

I helped Ozzy with his flat...tire was already off when I got there...the time to do the tube change was a few minutes...airing up a couple more...seating the bead another

I like Jons idea, or tire balls, heavy duty tubes, tuebliss...all those ideas better than this one....maybe I'm alone

Tubeliss is nice idea but I've read too many problems with mystery flats, have a set but not tried them yet after too many negatives, like the light weight though. I have used tire balls for last year or so, work OK but the balls do burst and nett effect is lower pressure, you can carry on riding fine but bit squirmy as more balls go flat, nice idea but won't go back to them, maybe a bit lighter than a mousse. Mousses weigh more, can be difficult to change and do need looking after with lubrication to get them to last and you can't change the pressure as such but they plain work (off-road). Now if you plan on lots of high speend road work them maybe mousses have problems wit heat build up, I don't and haven't so can't comment.

Guest Crusty

I would chose Bib Mouse for racing or, pre running Baja, but I run Tubliss for adventure riding. I have been using Tubliss for a year now on 2 bikes and love them.

Being able to ride with only 8-10 pounds front and rear, (without getting pinch flats) on a big heavy adventure bike is PRICLESS.

Last year my wife and I went on a 4 day adventure in Baja.We had planned to stop in Rosarito to surf, then on to the Baja 500.

We had the bike fully loaded (surfboard, wetsuit, clothes, tools,wife and her stuff) the bike worked very well on the twisty paved rode, but what impressed, me the most is that I could ride 2up in the soft sand at Vally De Trinidad with this low pressure.

At the Baja 1000 I got a nail in a tire. It got fixed in 3 minutes with a plug. On the CR 500 the Tubliss bead lock is awesome, I had to run 2 bead locks before!

I think the key to Tubliss is proper installation.

BS,

Nope never used them, the idea has been used for many years.

The post got some mileage and good discussion, thought maybe a cool temp fix idea. For a while (for some sick reason...thinking I needed to be at pro speed from hanging out with ISDE riders) I practiced trail tube changes, with this thing I figure you have more support,with the wheel on the axle,bike and not resting on the ground or on a rock. I may throw one into my trail pack.

As for the mousse thing (Jon and David), that really is the best of the best, and with some competition between Michelin and GoldenTyre the prices may get below 100 bucks. DJ how is the weight of the mousse, because my wheels currently on both my bikes weigh a ton,,(all unsprung weight) With enduro comp tires, 4mm Michelin UHD tubes and slime inside(bullet proof but heavy). For good measure here are a couple of fotos of trailside tire changes, making love to my wheels.....3 flats in one day (St Tomas to St Quintin) and yes it was even funny at the time.

flat#2patsteverob-1.jpg

flat#3robontire2.jpg

lesson learned remember to use the correct tire/tube combo for the conditions you are riding Dunlop D756s are not good Baja tires even when filled with HD tubes.

how is the weight of the mousse, because my wheels currently on both my bikes weigh a ton,,(all unsprung weight) With enduro comp tires, 4mm Michelin UHD tubes and slime inside(bullet proof but heavy). For good measure here are a couple of fotos of trailside tire changes, making love to my wheels.....3 flats in one day (St Tomas to St Quintin) and yes it was even funny at the time.

According to Michelin the Bibs weigh less than an HD tube. Yes they have limitations for on road use, and 80mph off road but in the summer I'm mostly all single track and slowly cruising the mountain roads connecting trails.

After a few sets of UHD tubes I've found they still won't save you from pinch flats. JohnnyAirtime demonstrated on Otay that Slime is worthless for pinch flats and patches won't stick to Slimed tubes.

I've heard mixed reviews on the tire balls and they seem like a lot of work. I'm just going to drop the bomb and run the Bibs this summer.

hey we turned this into a Bib Mousse thread!

Fact is all the World Enduro championship teams run mousse tubes to prevent flats, those guys are competing in the 10th of a second range. If those things work for Mika, Juha, Johnny and all the other amazing WEC riders they really are ticket for trail riding success.

Oops my bad. Call me jack.

For competition and trails, yes. But anybody that is reading this and thinking great idea for dualsport, not likely. I've read some guys will use them on the front only and have no problems doing 1000+ miles in Baja with multiple long runs on highways and not have issues. I don't intend to do this, mostly 10ish miles of pavement connecting trails at low speeds and lots of single track and forest roads.