I've fallen and I can't get up; also computer El letter eight.

Living in Carlsbad and looking for something to do when the surf is small....

Soooo I bought a KTM 450 EXC and now I'm hunting for deals on the gear. Boots, helmet, blah blah blah = big $$$$$

Anyhow, I'm not a rider but I will be. I didn't say a good one...

Looking forward to meeting, learning the ropes, and having fun with you all.

I'm sure I'll be in the bushes if you're looking for me! (upside down of course)

Hoping this post goes to "introductions" section, if not I'm sending an advance sorry to admin.

I'm super receptive to advice too. Thanks all.

Welcome to the group :) Keep an eye out on the Upcoming Rides section!

Welcome...do I understand correctly... you don't ride, or you don't know HOW to ride?

If you don't know how, go sign up for a class... a couple of guys here teach them... if you KNOW how, but just don't ride right now... sign up for a class... a couple of the guys here teach them :lol:

Join in on a n00b ride when posted, and you'll get more advice than you will be able to absorb

I've done a lot of Mountain Biking and I've watched motorcycle riding on TV.... I think I'll figure it out quickly.. or die! Lol

Thanks for the welcome aboard.

Welcome to the group.

We have all skill levels here so not to worry. You'll fit right in there somewhere!!!!

I've done a lot of Mountain Biking and I've watched motorcycle riding on TV.... I think I'll figure it out quickly.. or die! Lol

Thanks for the welcome aboard.

mountain biking translates really well to trail riding

I started BMX, then moto, then BMX, then mountain biking, before getting back to dirt bikes... the skills translate well, except I am still slow at the high speed stuff; I have not been "wired" to navigate terrain that fast

a few words of advice then... obstacles that will make your mountain bike swap ends, and cause endos, willl not phase you the least on a motorcycle. Roll through it

front brake is a gradual thing... too much and you'll drop quick

ride YOUR pace... you'll see threads on this in Open Discussion and Techincal forums here... believe it

"I'd rather wait for you to catch up, than a helicopter to pick you up"

Welcome, I am relatively new to motorcycles also. The cool thing about KTM's is they look cool going slow too.

welcome.....Nice bike for a starter!....I LOOOVE mine....spend alot of time in here, on line, researching, etc....you'll be surprised how much you can learn....great group here...see you on a ride sometime..

Thanks to all who have welcomed me. I'm still working on getting all my required gear together but looking forward to actually riding it rather than it just sitting and looking cool! Fortunately the surf has been keeping me good company until I find a helmet and such.

I'm not really looking to get out and go wide open; more in it for the views. The Wed ride that was posted looked amazing. I want some of that!

All in due time I guess. For now I'll keep tearing it apart and putting it together. I will not be that guy on the trail standing there looking at someone else to fix what I just broke!(i hope)

Whatever the weekend brings for you all I hope it's fun. Peace

Dude or dudette, look for gear on ADV garage sale site or gear sale, I got a killer deal on a riding jacket and am always looking for other stuff. A word of unasked for advice, buy GOOD boots that you can walk in and wear all day, wear knee pads, and a comfy helmet. Also if you believe Bike Slut rides slow - well just don,t believe it. Great to ride with and a great teacher but not slow. Now me thats another story. See you on the trail soon.

Thanks for the tips on where to find inexpensive gear Uncle "C". I did find a sweet pair of boots on C List. I went dancing in them last night for St Pattys day and they did not hurt my feet at all! Yesterday i practiced changing tubes and tires. Actually I just pulled out the tubes that were already installed and just added some baby powder to them. That sure was a good time.... I can't wait until I have to do it on the trail, 100 degrees, bike laying on it's side! I may just keep my helmet on for the added training effect. Either way I can tell It's going to suck. At least I'll be ready for that day.

Catch you all on the flip side.