bikeslut

Sunday- the 13th- Corral Canyon

You may ask; why, Mr Bikeslut, do you always ride so early and why do you ride at Corral so often

Well; let me tell you

I have a stressful job with long hours, and a wife and 6 kids...corral is close, has great riding, and has something for everybody

Why so early; because, early, I am normally the only squid out there...most other squids sleep in and wait until 1030 or so to wreak havoc on the trails... Also; less dust in the morning and less likely for heat induced injury

"Early" in this case os 0800 at the Pine Valley cul de sac...I will be riding there and back, so if anyone wants to pyro from Alpine, it'll be 7 at the Tavern Chevron station

You may ask; why, Mr Bikeslut, do you always ride so early and why do you ride at Corral so often

Well; let me tell you

I have a stressful job with long hours, and a wife and 6 kids...corral is close, has great riding, and has something for everybody

Why so early; because, early, I am normally the only squid out there...most other squids sleep in and wait until 1030 or so to wreak havoc on the trails... Also; less dust in the morning and less likely for heat induced injury

"Early" in this case os 0800 at the Pine Valley cul de sac...I will be riding there and back, so if anyone wants to pyro from Alpine, it'll be 7 at the Tavern Chevron station

Let's see...you mean 7:00AM Standard time for those who forget to spring forward and 8:00am for those who remember the switch to daylight saving is tonite. Hmmm.....

Hucker... you really know how to kick a guy when he is down, doncha? YES... I will be on the DRZ...

Sneeker... I am resetting my clock at 2:00 a.m. like everybody else, and using the new improved time to set the ride

in other words... I will be riding from Chevron in Alpine at 7 a.m. Take Victoria, up to Alpine Blvd, to Viejas Grade, to 79, then over to Pine Valley cul de sac by 8 ready to ride the rest of Bear Valley, Kernan, trail 1, 2, 6, 9, 2, spur, etc

If you're riding kernan, prepare to get wet, the river crossing was pretty deep when I went there, and one of the puddles on the side trail around a blind corner has a huge boulder hidden in it that almost ruined my ride...If I can go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight I will try to meet you at the chevron...is that the circle K?

Most likely in, but will update this evening.

Need to check the bike and make sure everything is ok since i have not ridden it for a while.

Brad and I will be there before 8:00. Cream colored toyota 4x4 with trailer in tow.

Fellers...at what setting is this phaser on? kill, maim, stun, pester, or 1kstep???

Don't run over the folks doing trail work at Corral.

oh crap... now I feel like a heel...

Slut, I am in Descanso so stop by for a cup of coffee if you like. If so hit me back for the address. It is on the way.

Most likely in, but will update this evening.

Need to check the bike and make sure everything is ok since i have not ridden it for a while.

it's an XRL, and you have two of them... surely you can get ONE of them to work

Fellers...at what setting is this phaser on? kill, maim, stun, pester, or 1kstep???

we ride as slow as the slowest person; we'll have a range from fast to not so fast... you'll be on a TE450? Do they even GO slow?

Wil- The Chevron is the North Side of the Freeway, not the Circle K- I'm not worried about the water, and ride slow enough to avoid boulders

McTrails- Do you know what the agenda is? Maybe I can bring some pruning shears in my bag, and spare an hour of cutting... I ALWAYS pack out others trash when I ride, and will be doing that again tomorrow... I know; weak excuse, but I have some things to take care of tomorrow

I will be lost out there and riding my wife's blue Suzuki quad with a green crate attached.

I will be lost out there and riding my wife's blue Suzuki quad with a green crate attached.

what year Suzuki is that? :ph34r:

you'll be on a TE450? Do they even GO slow?

They do when I'm on it...LOL. I just want to be sure I'm not going out with the high-speed Bhutan-death-march riders as I will hold you up.

XR650lnoob - do you need a hop?

you'll be on a TE450? Do they even GO slow?

They do when I'm on it...LOL. I just want to be sure I'm not going out with the high-speed Bhutan-death-march riders as I will hold you up.

XR650lnoob - do you need a hop?

I'll probably be going decently slow, I don't go that fast on my DR650 in the dirt...especially on the rocky parts of Kernan

Since we are doing Veijas Grade, I'm going to ask for some pointers on flat-track style drifting...I can hold a line fine, but can never finesse the throttle fine enough to avoid a sudden regain of traction and near-highside...Nothing dangerous, yet. But still, it's annoying.

sure thing! Fire away as many questions as you want!!!

Who are you going to ask? SURELY not me!!!

the one pointer I can give you is learned through years of falling, and will not win any races

don't break traction... IF you do break traction, evenly apply the throttle gradually... don't grab a handful, or the back end steps out, and don't shut it down, because then it hooks up and you may highside...

that all being said: I can't ride that stuff very well... maybe we can start another thread in "technical" forum, and some fast guys can chime in

if anybody else is planning on being at the Chevron and I-8 and Tavern at 7 a.m., please post up so we can wait for you... the ride from there is much more fun than I-8 and Pine Valley but does add a bit of time. We can get gas there, and again in Pine Valley

McTrails- Do you know what the agenda is? Maybe I can bring some pruning shears in my bag, and spare an hour of cutting... I ALWAYS pack out others trash when I ride, and will be doing that again tomorrow... I know; weak excuse, but I have some things to take care of tomorrow

You can always do trail survey. Just watch the trail conditions and let us know places that need work. Lots of the trails just need a little touch up trimming here and there. If you see us working trails at Corral you let the crew know how they did or what to expect. Have a good ride and maybe we see at Corral.

what year Suzuki is that? :ph34r:

My wife is not me Bob...its a 95 with electric start.

I may also have a cooler in my truck.

Yo Slut..... you the man!

I'll be at the cul-de-sac at 8 or maybe a bit earlier(probably not).

FYI: I need a front fender for my 01 WR250 if anyone has or knows where I can find one. I'll be the guy with half of one :)

Chris

Just got back from meeting with my tax guy.

Phew, all done and ready to ride now!

Slut, you have a point, between the 2 XRL's 1 should be good atleast.

1Kstep, thanks for the pick up offer.

I moved to a new address so i'll just ride straight to the pine valley staging area.

See you all then.