Post anything you're bringing to the 2007 Desert Dash beyond the typical tools and spares

(no need to list 8mm wrenches or front tubes), I'll re-list it here in the first post... :D

Your participation is optional and non-binding. Know what your items cost if someone needs to consume one!! :lol:

============

Tools:

Air Compressor - Chief Gunner

Chain Breaker & Riveting Tool Kit (Motion Pro Part # 08-0058) - Sandiegoland

Metric Tap Set & " Easy Outs" - Chief Gunner

Torque Wrenches (1/4", 3/8" & 1/2" Drive) - Chief Gunner

Non-Bike Specific Spares:

KENDA TRAK MASTER II 120/100-18 (New), or D606 (50%)- Sandiegoland

KENDA TRAK MASTER II 80/100-21 (65%), or D606 (65%) - Sandiegoland

Rollchart Holders (8) $25 each - KTMrad

Bike Specific Parts:

BMW

Sealed Battery - 650GS - RSalvarez

Honda

Spare (stock) Sprockets & Chain - XR650L - Chief Gunner

KTM

Suzuki

Shift Lever, Clutch Lever, & Front Brake Lever - DRZ400S - Joliet (obviously carrying for Sandiegoland)

Magneto Cover (Used, Left Case) - DRZ400S - Sandiegoland

Here is some stuff I thought of throwing in the 4Runner & carrying on the trailer to have with at the base camp:

Bike stand

Portable Air Compressor (my 4Runner has a conveter in it and two 115V outlets)

Pressure washer (if there is a hose bib nearby that we can use)

Metric wrenches, sockets, and screwdriver sets

Portable drill, bits, "Easy outs" , metric Tap set with my hardware kit (Japanese bike OEM type bolts, nuts & fastners)

Torque Wrenches (1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 drive in inch lbs and ft lbs)

Spare (stock) sprockets & chain for my XR650L

4 qts of 10/40 Oil & 2 filters

Maintenance Chemicals:chain lube & cleaner, K&n Filter maint kit, carb & brake cleaner, DOT IV brake fluid, simple green, silicone, grease, locktite (blue and Red) , anti sieze, JB weld and rags.

Electrical repair kit: multimeter, solder, soldering iron, wire strippers, tape, heat shrink, fuses and connectors

:lol:

Gunner

Good stuff Gunner! This list should serve as a reminder of what to bring as much as a list of what we don't need to over duplicate. Don't expect anyone to rebuild your bike, but at the same time if someone is trailer sharing with someone and has limited space to bring their own stuff, they don't have to panic that there won't be a torque wrench or soldering iron available if they need it.

Keep it coming!

(Ken: where's my spare DRZ clutch and brake levers!!) :lol:

OK, OK, I will have a spare DRZ400 shifter, clutch, and front brake levers with me on the ride. In the truck, hand and power tools, beer, generator, ECT.

It looks like I don't need to bring anything.

I am planning on bringing my Jeep & trailer with recovery gear as needed, have to iron out a few things first. I do have room on the trailer as needed.

It looks like I don't need to bring anything.

Gunner, forgive me if people show up with new bikes "in the crate" for you to assemble...

...but you did cover darn near everything!! :)

I've been whiddling down my supplies based on what everybody else has decided to bring with them and I am left with the following very important items;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

See you in the sand

Guest Hammerin Hammon

a service truck filed with tools of all kinds and lots of hardware

post-465-1170900303_thumb.jpg

I'll bring the Zip-Ties ! :D

I may have a little bit of this.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh, and I will have a limited (about 8) supply of Rollchart Holders for $25 if anyone needs one.

I may have a little bit of this.......

Oh, and I will have a limited (about 8) supply of Rollchart Holders for $25 if anyone needs one.

I'll be bringing some cold beverages of a similar variety also, maybe good old Celebration Ale. I was just shopping online for a rollchart holder. May take you up on that offer if all else fails.

Tom

Well since this is my first ride with you guys and I seem to be one of the only ones adventurous (aka: dumb) enough to do this on a KTM 950 I will be bringing this to comfort me at the end of the day and thank all of those that helped me on this two day adventure..

Posted Image

Looking forward to meeting and riding with you guys..

I will also be bringing an assortment of tools but nothing that isn't already coming..

Rex

Rex, if I was able to ride, I'd be out on my 950 on Day 2.

There will be others working the ride, riding BMW1200 GS's.

Just for your info, if we get the difficult options approved by BLM this year, then I suggest you skip that option on your 950 on Saturday.

One thing I will be bringing that I don't think has been mentioned yet is firewood for the evenings. If you see handlebars sticking out of a pile of wood on a trailer that will be me. :D Ken

One thing I will be bringing that I don't think has been mentioned yet is firewood for the evenings. If you see handlebars sticking out of a pile of wood on a trailer that will be me. :D Ken

Hey, good point. Is there a community bonfire or something similar at Butterfield Ranch? If so, I will contribute.

Tom

I called them today, they said every camping site does not have a fire pit, she said there is a fire pit for every few camping spots. Sounds like a nice set up. Ken

Hey Randy, I think I might try a couple sections 2 up on the 1200GS, yeah, dumb, but super cool if it works. Will be doing a test run offroad tomorrow maybe, getting that kryptonite skidplate dialed in first though :P Not worried about the rocks, just the sand, my bike LOVES deep sand (yeah right), it just doesn't like to TURN in deep sand.

Rex, if I was able to ride, I'd be out on my 950 on Day 2.

Just for your info, if we get the difficult options approved by BLM this year, then I suggest you skip that option on your 950 on Saturday.

Randy... You don't have to worry about me taking on any difficult options.. And I will ride with whoever will have me... B)

Rex

I'll be bringing the D606 I just pulled off my XR. I believe (w/o looking) that it's a 100/100/18 or something close. It's about 65%.

I'm riding with Gummer Chief. I just looked at his "what I'm bringing" list and realized that I might be riding on the damn roof rack with my tire in my lap! :D

See ya'll in a few hours!

Jim