Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Wierd weather

Anybody else experiencing this unseasonal stormy stuff? I have been hearing thunder for over an hour and now it's sprinkling a bit. :lol: Wasn't in the forecast.

I was planning to go for a ride, but not in the mood to get soaked or electrocuted. ;)

I thought that thunder was in the movie I am watching, but I replayed it and it wasn't there. I haven't heard anything since so I thought it was the neighbors dog pushing the garbage cans around.

Thats cool it wasn't either one.

Forecast I heard this morning was calling for high temps of 88 out in the desert this weekend....talk about unseasonably cool.......maybe desert season isn't quite over yet for some folks ;)

That said, I won't be riding this weekend....dumb-ass mud run on Sat........couch on Sunday.....

We got some good lightning and thunder up here at San Onofre. Just a little bit of rain....enough to make it wet.

Just started pouring here!! Wtf? Good thing I just happened to put my rain liner in my sidecase this weekend. Either way, I really don't like riding in the rain. :angry:

got good amount of rain/thunder/lightning here in Sorrento Mesa area...

funny watching people go out to see it..."you know that lightning CAN hit the ground, right?"-guy from the south

then the look on their faces, realizing what they had done...

Blind B)...looked from inside. :angry:

Last summer in Yellowstone my wife left me and the boys to go for a walk with the dogs and when she came back she found us up on the roof of the trailer with lounge chairs watching all that summer lightning. Awsome show. She was not happy. :angry:

Strange weather indeed. We had some good size hail come down around the office. :angry: Then again I love this type of weather as long as it doesn't hang around much longer than a few days.

Hail, rain and thunder here at UCSD.

I was in La Jolla working on my car. I rolled the car out of the garage to sweep up and no sooner do I get back to the garage hail stones the size of marbles start falling. I run out to the car to get it back in the garage and find that I disconnected the battery the last time I was there. SONUVA...

Last summer in Yellowstone my wife left me and the boys to go for a walk with the dogs and when she came back she found us up on the roof of the trailer with lounge chairs watching all that summer lightning. Awsome show. She was not happy. :angry:

Hey Schwinn, we are heading to Yellowstone the first week of July. I can't wait to see the sights.

Its always like this may/june. I got married June 5th 1993 and it rained hard all day, abnout hour before it quit then started after we were done..

got good amount of rain/thunder/lightning here in Sorrento Mesa area...

funny watching people go out to see it..."you know that lightning CAN hit the ground, right?"-guy from the south

then the look on their faces, realizing what they had done...

Blind B)...looked from inside. :angry:

A few years back, I was fishing in my little "tin bote" out on Lake Morena. It was kind of late in the summer, so there were afternoon thunderstorms popping up out that way, most afternoons. One came up while I was fishing and I motored for the dock as fast as I could go, then ran to my car, got in it and sat with all the windows rolled up. The storm came right over the lake and a bolt of lightening actually struck a hillside just above the water and started the brush on fire. (The fire dept is not too far away and they came and put it out before it spread.) People who were fishing on the shore line were walking around with their little graphite fishing rods (AKA portable lightening rods) held up, just gawking at the weather. I was surprised that nobody got zapped. :oB):):lol:

I heard on the radio coming home today that a lady up in the LA area was struck and killed while she was standing under a tree. While I was working today up in Pendleton I saw quite a bit of lighting off to the east.

Me and my "new"(actually used) Shadow actually got wet on the 15 yesterday. I really appreciated that jerk in the Toyota following me at 15 feet in the rain.

The news story I herd from LA said the woman who was killed had her clothes blown off. :=0 No comment on the state of her body. Trees explode when hit by lightening...had the pleasure of seeing a hit once.

Phill

This is the kind of weather we get in August up here in the mountains! It is sunny up here in Descanso, but when I drive "down the hill" it gets cloudy and sopped in by Alpine. I believe North County has the really odd weather right now.

Me and my "new"(actually used) Shadow actually got wet on the 15 yesterday. I really appreciated that jerk in the Toyota following me at 15 feet in the rain.

The news story I herd from LA said the woman who was killed had her clothes blown off. :=0 No comment on the state of her body. Trees explode when hit by lightening...had the pleasure of seeing a hit once.

Phill

The stories that I hear about people that are hit, is that their jewelery and other metal objects will heat up and cause severe burns on them. A guy in a nylon wind suit got hit by lightening and survived, but his suit got so hot that it was blown full of holes and had melted in several places and was melted right to his flesh. There's the story of this one guy who was hit by lightening so many times, that his friends and family wouldn't even be near him during an electrical storm. Roy Sullivan.

Here's his story:

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/2008/...g-hit-lightning