Sign in to follow this  
carguy

Pocket jump starter

I went for a short scoot today on the 950, Laguna, Julian, Boulder Creek, Descanso and home. Sunrise & 79 there was a harley rider with a dead battery and needed a jump. I did not have my mini cables. 

I have been looking at those mini jump starter lithium thingys. Has anyone tried them? Would have been nice to have one to test on a high compression HD.

Get the zero gravity brand i have the costco one and had one off amazon i returned all same "specs" as the zero gravity my dad has but nowhere near the same power

I have been carrying one since 2009 and carried one into the arctic and used it for many things like charging my devices to running some of my heated gear. zero gravity

1 minute ago, carguy said:

Antigravity?

Yes that one sorry for confusion 

That's the one I was looking at, say's it will jump start diesel engines

4 minutes ago, carguy said:

That's the one I was looking at, say's it will jump start diesel engines

Have a bunch of different models the xp1 might and  xp10 ahould do a diesel. At minimum for just bikes i would get xp3 crazy sale on original design

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/products/super-sales/xp-3-micro-start-original-design/

I have the XP-5 and have started mine and one other Harley with it. My dad bought one and started his V6 Toyota without issue.

I hardwired the pigtail on my DR650 and just store it under the side panel.

I have one, not sure of the brand, I've used it a few times, including to start my diesel tractor recently.

I was in space, antigravity, I bought mine at motoworld in el cajon some time back.

I have a cheap chinese one, don't know the brand.  Lightening bolts painted all over it so it must be good.

I charge it and then keep it in the briefcase or drawer or on the bike for months a time.  So when I need to use it, it's usually down to 10 or 20% of its charge.  Almost dead... it started my bike twice, my Tahoe 3 or 4 times, the Benz once.  My iPad and phone a hundred times.

A few weeks ago on a winter DV ride, my phone/GPS couldn't handle the cold temps.  So I put the phone in my right pocket and Battery in my left and ran a cord.  Charged up the phone. Then I put the phone back on the handlebar so I could watch the map, leaving the battery in my pocket but plugged in.  Phone worked all the way home in spite of the cold.

They are awesome.  Even the sh*tty one I have.  I think it's almost 4 years old now.