bikeslut

MT43 vs Motoz Hybrid

Just a quick comparison from my perspective, with a side by side foto- I have really enjoyed my MT43 since I drank the dot-trials cool-aid. Great grip on the rocky trails I frequent, and "ok" everywhere except snow and loose downhills.

Soft carcass makes it a breeze to install, and for flat repair *ahem*.....mounted a Motoz hybrid for Axel this weekend...DAM this thing is a monster; thick-walled, heavily knobbed, bitch to install...it truly sucked...

.side by side foto shows a more rounded profile, which looks better for riding on the edge of the tires...Motoz has bigger knobs with a firmer compound too...i'll assume it lasts longer, although the MT lasts pretty well....motoz knobs are also arranged with some space, so I"m going to guess better in sand and loose stuff.

I plan on riding with him next week, so we'll see which tire is faster, and I'll report back

I hear that the Kenda Equilibrium is the cat's meow. I'd run one right now if those were DOT approved. MCtrail runs the Motoz, and he seems to like it pretty well.

I think the motoz has a couple different patterns. Other than having to mount it, I liked the tire; good pattern, solid knobs, and a better edge for cornering (MT43 feels like it deforms on tarmac when leaned far; like the tire wants to stay "flat"...same thing on hard-pack)...

I'm loving the MotoZ Mountain Hybrid. The fact that it is a sturdier carcass and is harder to install and remove means that it will hold up better under use especially with low air pressure. Less likely to pinch flat and get torn up by rocks. I'm running 6 to 8 PSI with not problems so far. If you do get a flat it will help protect the rim if you have to run it flat for a while. I destroyed a rim running an MT43 flat for a few miles at Corral a while back. I set mine out in the sun to heat it up and made it easier to mount. YMMV

I have a motoz sitting in the garage, waiting for me to burn through the MT.

Not helpful, I know.

"too hot " is the euphemistic phrase for "I temporarily forgot how unpleasant it is to ride with Bikeslut ".

Im currently running motoz hybrid on my husky 350 pretty good tires for all around. With tubliss in the rear was at mccain last week went down to 2psi and still sliding around on corners and wasnt that great of traction. On rocks was very good traction but at 2psi on loose uphills and gnarlier stuff at otay and at mccain was pathetic a work semi worn michelin ac10 and a pirelli xcmh way outperformed it with about 13-15 psi for comparrison. Does decent in desert and sand. Have about 800 miles on mine now about half worn. Will try kenda equilibrium next. Will not buy motoz again

Do you think the pattern or the compound reduced the traction? The compound seemed firm, so I wouldve thought you would get more than 1500 miles from it. Also; looks like it would roll pretty good on pavement...considering a more dirt-oriented tire for my KLR

It's the soft sidewall that makes the MT43 work. Stiff sidewall is not necessarily better for traction though arguably better with regards to pinch flats.

Im currently running motoz hybrid on my husky 350 pretty good tires for all around. With tubliss in the rear was at mccain last week went down to 2psi and still sliding around on corners and wasnt that great of traction. On rocks was very good traction but at 2psi on loose uphills and gnarlier stuff at otay and at mccain was pathetic a work semi worn michelin ac10 and a pirelli xcmh way outperformed it with about 13-15 psi for comparrison. Does decent in desert and sand. Have about 800 miles on mine now about half worn. Will try kenda equilibrium next. Will not buy motoz again

2 psi? Seriously? does any tire work at 2 psi? seems like it would be like riding on a flat tire which I know from experience is not good. Just wondering...

Tubliss is a different animal; the "inner" tube runs like 100 psi, allowing the tire pressure to be way lower...like 2-10 psi or something (less air and less pressure). That being said, I have no idea what it would feel like on a dirt bike

2psi still has a lot of stability since it pinches the whole bead it makes the sidewalls feel like 10-12 but allows top to flex. I know the tread is density meter for tool name is a lot higher than a mt43 so means harder compound less flex. Most of my trail riding psi is 3-5 and desert 7-8. Does really well in desert surprisingly just slides around too much in hard pack for my liking. Slut it might work ok on your klr does pretty good on pavement might get 1500 miles if 50/50 riding. Gnarly Hill climbs have definitely burned up the tread life for me.

If you like the mt43 you will like this better about same traction on rocks but way better braking and sand attributes, just has to suit your riding style once u loose traction and spin it its gone.

I'm slow and have never ridden anywhere cool...maybe I'll give it a whirl and axel's bike and decide after that

You will like it especially at corral 2x as good as mt43 in everything almost as good on rock. Half as good in sand and loose uphills than a true knobbie. Best all around tire ive used, but i dont mind swapping threw different tires for different terrain i ride so not best for me

I'm not good at math- 2x as good as an MT, half as good as a knobbie...carry the one and E=Mc2 @ 32 feet per second square, add a cup of sugar, and maybe i'll try this @ The Isle of Man