blakeNY9

Baja Designs Squadron

For those running the Baja Designs Squadron LED on 2012 + fuel injected KTM's, did you do anything to the stator or float the ground to run the light? I am getting conflicting info from what BD website stator guide says and what other have told me and want to know what you all are doing.

I'd be putting on a 2013 500 EXC.

Thanks..

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail?ItemNumber=497051

I'm running it on my 14 350 EXC-F, no float ground or other stator mod. Plug and play into stock harness.

I think floating the ground was something needed on the older KTM's. I did it to my 06. The light is awesome.

CiD

Anyone have any experience with the Squadron Sport at 1800 Lumens vs. the Pro at 4300 lumens?

I also am seeing BD now has a XL Sport (not just the PRO for KTMs) at 1800 lumens with the 44 and 9 degree spreads. Anyone tried this light yet? I like the idea of the 44 and 9 degree spread of the XL.

I just put the BD Squadron Pro on my KTM 350 EXC F. No changes needed. That light is powerful. It could probably melt a block of cheese from about three feet away.

Anyone have any experience with the Squadron Sport at 1800 Lumens vs. the Pro at 4300 lumens?

I also am seeing BD now has a XL Sport (not just the PRO for KTMs) at 1800 lumens with the 44 and 9 degree spreads. Anyone tried this light yet? I like the idea of the 44 and 9 degree spread of the XL.

Baja Designs is a CORE sponsor. I'm running the XL on my 350F-XCW. Plug & play. No adjustable dimmer module since it's the offroad 350 not the EXC version.......just a two way switch for high/low......

The Squadron lights put out crushing light but they tend to aim high even at max low adjustment.......expect some tweaking to lower the beam.....