NO Flaming & Trolling

Here's a good definition of FLAMING & TROLLING....please read this.

We do not want any Flaming or Trolling on this site.

In short, here are the defintions, but please read the article in the link above.

DEFINITIONS:

Flaming is the act of posting a comment or article in an open publishing forum that is intended to be hostile and insulting. The person who participates in flaming is termed a flamer. Each hostile comment or article is described as a flame (Wikipedia, 2005a). Flamebaiting is the act of posting a comment or article in an open publishing forum that is likely to start flaming or a flamewar; a series of flaming messages. Flamebaiting is not directly hostile or insulting; rather it is a passive-aggressive method in order to start flaming. The person who participates in flamebaiting is referred to as a baiter (Wikipedia, 2005b).

Trolling is the act of posting a comment or article in an open publishing forum that is intended to provoke and disrupt the discussion of users by producing a large volume of frivolous responses (Bond, 1999). The content of such a post may consist of a foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings (Bond, 1999). The person who participates in trolling is termed a troll.

PLEASE THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE POSTING AND WHAT THE REASON IS BEHIND YOUR POST. If it's anything like Flaming and Trolling, DON'T POST IT !!

Please read the Flaming and Trolling definitions above.

Everyone, if you're making negative comments about a particular group of people, a profession, a race of people, etc., it is considered TROLLING.

Thou SHALL NOT TROLL on the SDAR FORUMS.

Thou SHALL NOT FLAME on the SDAR FORUMS.

If you've been trolling or flaming, please refrain from doing so.

THANKS !

Hey All, just a REMINDER bump.....for newer members who may not have seen this, and/or don't know what Flaming and Trolling is.

Always nicer when our hobbies, like riding, camping, etc..and forums designed to facilitate those, like SDAR........Are a positive place to be... :D

certainly after this election...WAAAAY too much negative atmosphere there.... glad to get my mailbox and tv BACK..... :blink:

(perhaps should've saved all that junk propaganda mail....would have enough fuel for campfires for desert season)

I believe Rigger Dan is familiar with flaming.

Among other things................

Glad to see this rule in writing, and actually I never knew the difference between flaming/trolling.

1 hour ago, bajadog said:

Glad to see this rule in writing, and actually I never knew the difference between flaming/trolling.

Flaming

Flaming.jpg

Trolling

Trolling.jpg

Oops I think I just trolled this post ... :)