Sign in to follow this  
motorcyclenut

Supermoto Series at Qualcomm

There will be a "sportsman" class so dual sport bikes can race too!

smxracing.com has all the details

Here's my DR650 I am using for this series.

Full Throttle bought my street legal CRF 450R 2002 in 2006

You should see it now. He's going all out for this series. Engine has some serious mods, just had the frame powder coated and was working on the head just a day or so ago.

Full Throttle bought my street legal CRF 450R 2002 in 2006

Next Race is a Saturday April 16th. Hope to see you there!

As soon as I put on my Semi-street tires I am in for a race

I checked the website but could not find any details...how are the classes divided, what mods do I need to do to my bike for them to let me race, how much is it to race, and what safety gear is required?

Talking to Steel Rain puts bad thoughts of racing into my head. Does anybody race the minis at Qualcomm? They look insanely fun (I'm about 150lbs so it'll work). I'm not trying to get spanked by a 6th grader tho.

RM65 Supermoto

post-14322-008139500 1302583080_thumb.jp

I'm half tempted to sell my CT70 and buy this... and get a set of sumo wheels for my DRZ...

Also, what's the deal with SoCalSupermoto only doing $199 track days at Adams? They used to do a $99 bring your own bike and ride deal.

There are mini's there and I think there will be a good showing of bikes for all classes this Saturday (April 16th).

I have gone to ride when Brian was at Adams and I only paid $40 for the track, he welcomes having other riders out there to have his students mingle with on the track. I never heard of him having a $99 deal (but I could be wrong).

Hope to see you at Qualcomm this Saturday.

Talking to Steel Rain puts bad thoughts of racing into my head. Does anybody race the minis at Qualcomm? They look insanely fun (I'm about 150lbs so it'll work). I'm not trying to get spanked by a 6th grader tho.

RM65 Supermoto

I'm half tempted to sell my CT70 and buy this... and get a set of sumo wheels for my DRZ...

Also, what's the deal with SoCalSupermoto only doing $199 track days at Adams? They used to do a $99 bring your own bike and ride deal.

There are mini's there and I think there will be a good showing of bikes for all classes this Saturday (April 16th).

I have gone to ride when Brian was at Adams and I only paid $40 for the track, he welcomes having other riders out there to have his students mingle with on the track. I never heard of him having a $99 deal (but I could be wrong).

Hope to see you at Qualcomm this Saturday.

My wallet was hoping you wouldn't say that... but my heart did! $40 is awesome IMHO considering an MX track is $20-25 and my friends who do road racing days pay waaay more.

From what I can gather SMX is $100 entry fee for however many classes you fit into? Picking up a mini might be worth it if you can race both the mini and big bike classes for the same entrance fee... ???

If I pick up another bike I'm going to have to hide it at a friend's house until I sell a couple. Is that the sign of a problem?

I think you may have a common disease most of us on here have called MMS (multiple motorcycle syndrome).

My wallet was hoping you wouldn't say that... but my heart did! $40 is awesome IMHO considering an MX track is $20-25 and my friends who do road racing days pay waaay more.

From what I can gather SMX is $100 entry fee for however many classes you fit into? Picking up a mini might be worth it if you can race both the mini and big bike classes for the same entrance fee... ???

If I pick up another bike I'm going to have to hide it at a friend's house until I sell a couple. Is that the sign of a problem?

I still have a few things to get for for my DRZ before I can consider playing with the other kids at Qualcomm, but it's coming.... Hopefully by the end of summer :coolio:

I still have a few things to get for for my DRZ before I can consider playing with the other kids at Qualcomm, but it's coming.... Hopefully by the end of summer :coolio:

:ph34r: I am in the same boat :torch:

Well, I have street tires for my DR650 now! Including a pair of race slicks :ph34r: Won't be able to make it this saturday though...I will be going to autocross though next sunday if anyone does that here as well