ADV Bum

Sweep at Torrey Pines State Park

I was asked to go on a field trip to Torrey Pines State Park. I had never gone. The place is pretty large with lots of trails. Beautiful place to go for a hike.

TorreyPinesStatePark002.jpg

We learned about the native Indians who lived there.

TorreyPinesStatePark012.jpg

I was sweep.

TorreyPinesStatePark013.jpg

TorreyPinesStatePark014.jpg

TorreyPinesStatePark015.jpg

TorreyPinesStatePark018.jpg

TorreyPinesStatePark025.jpg

TorreyPinesStatePark027.jpg

Highly recommend going and checking it out.

San Diego is such a beautiful place. Need to find more time to go experience all it has to offer.

Awesome day and great pics and hike with your kid - kids.

Thats great, I have been on LOTS of these excursions with my kid. All fun and games till you lose somebody elses kid. Stress!

Enjoy while you can.

I love Torrey Pines... nice to slow down and run sweep once in a while, huh Mike?

Definitely. I did have the no roosting rule in play to keep the dust down and to keep to the TREAD LIGHTLY theme. Kids will be kids!

That is a place that locals should make a point to go to - like Point Loma or Mt Soledad. Great fun to go with the school kids. Hey - who brought the giant dad! Are they frightened of you? :lol:

Afraid! Actually a kid favorite. They all know who I am and that I am a good person to go to if they need help or have any issue. Having the Ogio FV did not hurt. We were also having a lesson in ATGATT.

Next time, ask the rangers to go through Fat Man's Misery :coolio: ...always gets a rise from them lol

Next time, ask the rangers to go through Fat Man's Misery :coolio: ...always gets a rise from them lol

Are you a surfer???. When I lived and worked in Encinitas Fatmans misery was the quickest way down to Blacks for that Evening glassy session.

Nah, Schwinn, can't lay any claim to surfing. Sea Kayak, yep, but not boarding. I worked in TPSP for a while, cutting trails and doing maintenance. Even then, it was closed, but I remember it from the '70's. Great slot to go through, back when more of the park was open.

the Fat Man's Misery i had the enjoyment of "experiencing" was above Torrey Preserve..east side

apparently there was a slaughter house on the mesa, and the run off cut a nice groove in the sandstone face...like a 50-75 feet "deep" groove.

it's since been built up upon, just south of Ruth Chris' Steak House...there's a little "cutout amphitheater" where it terminated, in the face of the west facing wall above the 5, south of the 56...but yeah, it's LONG gone too....

B)...had to climb over machines and HUGE piles of bones to access the ice plant "door"...some strange things were afoot on that full moon!!! :torch:

note: "quick" Black's trails and surfboards...skeeeetchy....HoChiMinh, Goat Trail, yeah they get ya down quick...but so slippery!! :o

is there still a "FMM" in Torrey Pines State Park??

2nd note: doesn't have to be THAT tight to be MY misery!! :heh: