I have heard that the biggest complaint is that they are heavy. I am thinking that I probably will not notice the weight, but a better rider with a lighter bike might. I just put my new 150/18 on the scale it is 19lbs. My biggest concern is having it rub on the swingarm, chain or battery box. I probably won't know until I mount it.

The best prices I found were at http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?crn=68...ion=show_detail

And I thank my lucky stars that I didn't have to spoon a Tera Flax off in the dirt, in the dark the other night when I got a flat, because it is stiff. It is so stiff, with a light bike and rimlocks you can run them flat with no adverse affects, and regular "working" pressure is down to 6 PSI. I am having very good luck with my "Trackmaster II", but am looking forward to trying the Tera Flex "if it fits". :( Ken

One of these days I would also like to try a trials tire, I have heard they are tough to beat for technical riding, and hold up excellent on the highway.

Hey Ken, if you cant shoe horn that thing in to your bike let me Know. I will be more than happy to buy it off of you. Wishful thinking on my part. LOL The guys on KTM talk says they weigh about 4.5 lbs more than their Dunlops. Think I will give one a try next time around. Thanks for the help. Bob

Another thing to consider is that the tire is much taller. At least it could be a concern to those of us that are vertically challenged :( . It is 1.75" taller than the Perelli that I took off, that will raise the back of my bike about 7/8", raise my gearing, and slightly change steering geometry. I am sure I will notice the height difference, not sure about the others. :( Ken

Hey Ken, if you cant shoe horn that thing in to your bike let me Know. I will be more than happy to buy it off of you. Wishful thinking on my part. LOL The guys on KTM talk says they weigh about 4.5 lbs more than there Dunlops. Think I will give one a try next time around. Thanks for the help. Bob

Bob, I have a Perelli that is worn just over half way, it weighs 12.5lb so was probably closer to 13.5 to 14lb new.

I will bet the ultra heavy duty tubes weigh over 3 lbs. alone and lots of guys shoot in another lb of fix-a-flat or some other stop leak type stuff into them. I just don't think I will ever notice the weight difference. If it doesn't fit my bike I will give you first "dibs" on it. It may be a while until I wear this Trackmaster out. I would like to try the Teraflex out in the dunes on my bike, but it is too hot for that now this year. :( Ken

Yehp, who knows if you had that tire on the other night you would of probably rode straight home with no worries? but on the other hand, those stiff walled tires are a b---h to change out , specially at night in the dirt. RIDE FLAT sounds pretty good to me. Let me know how it works. I will be able to squeeze 2 or 3 more rides out of the 606 before having to make a final decision.

All this talk about how much a friggin tire weighs, I could stand to lose about 40LBS off my butt and make the bike handle bette :(:(:D r

All this talk about how much a friggin tire weighs, I could stand to lose about 40LBS off my butt and make the bike handle bette :(:(:D r

Aint that the truth... I ride a 300 lb cycle, 2 ltr. of water, 20 lbs over weight, 20 lbs of shiet, there is no way I am going to maximize the power I have. and here I am worring about 4.5 lbs? Thanks Schwinn for snapping me back to reality!!! I find my self in this fantasy world way to often. LOL

I have the 150 Terra flex, but have not mounted it. I am worried about rubbing. Not only on the usual swingarm issues, but also under the seat. I have noticed that the 130 dunlop has been rubbing a little under the rear fender/subframe.

Do you want to sell it? Looks like Metal Twister and I are in the market for one...

I have the 150 Terra flex, but have not mounted it. I am worried about rubbing. Not only on the usual swingarm issues, but also under the seat. I have noticed that the 130 dunlop has been rubbing a little under the rear fender/subframe.

Do you want to sell it? Looks like Metal Twister and I are in the market for one...

Me Too!! I can make it fit!

Get a 1200...no matter what you bolt to the back you can actually watch the knobbies dissappear while you ride, especially if you're on the throttle, the good news is the tire salesman might buy you dinner with the amount you'll be spending with him. Figure 2 weekends of riding on a rear Karoo in the rocks, a little more mileage if you run TKC-80's, as far as I know those are the only viable tires offroad on the big pigs, and Karoo is moderately scary on the road in the corners...though I guess that adds to the excitement :(

Anyone know of any other options for those who espouse a fat beast of a bike?

Well If its good enough for Schwinn X 2. than thats enough of a reference for me.

I went ahead and ordered me one of them there fangled k-nobby Tera Flex tires. Hope to get it this week so I can peel off the release agent next Sunday with the noobs.

Well If its good enough for Schwinn X 2. than thats enough of a reference for me.

I went ahead and ordered me one of them there fangled k-nobby Tera Flex tires. Hope to get it this week so I can peel off the release agent next Sunday with the noobs.

Be real careful guys,get in the sand or deep dirt immediatly,very slippery at first.It also states on the side of the tire for 3.5 rims.My rim is 2.15 which wears my tire out down the middle faster,I was able to put about 20 miles on my new tire friday,good to have a fresh tire for the oc dualies ride this weekend.

Be real careful guys,get in the sand or deep dirt immediatly,very slippery at first

Is there a way to chemically clean up the tire before use? Maybe a good sand blasting would do the job? what ya think?

Be real careful guys,get in the sand or deep dirt immediatly,very slippery at first

Is there a way to chemically clean up the tire before use? Maybe a good sand blasting would do the job? what ya think?

Ive always hated new tires on the street.Spray brake clean or carb cleaner on them. B):D:D

Unbelievable, I ordered my Tera Flex yesterday at this time, and I just took delivery. Man what a beautiful thing it is. Might have a little clearence issue with the chain guard. :D:D:D:P

Unbelievable, I ordered my Tera Flex yesterday at this time, and I just took delivery. Man what a beautiful thing it is. Might have a little clearence issue with the chain guard. :D:D:D:P

Just put in 10 rounds with the Tera Flex. It worked me hard, but I think I got it. No leaks! But then again it might be hard to tell, the side walls are xtra stiff, Real pain in the a--! Good news is it fit with the chain guard, and everything. Still have about 1/4" to spare. I did hit the top of the lugs with a wire brush. It seemed to really help. I could see the release agent come right off. Thought it might be a good idea to do something considering it a long asphalt ride for me to the nearest sand pile. I will give it a short test drive tomorrow to get ready for Sundays ride.

Metal-twister, how was it with the teraflex???

I'm ready to purchase more off-road aggressive tires for my G650X... I'm norrowing it down to the TK80 and Karros... my bike tire is 140/80-18 and 606 does not have that size.. I know Kevin and Steve like the TK80... any final thoughts?? :D

Im not sure whats going on? This Tera Flex is going away fast. I only have the noob ride on it and the ware is very noticable? It took about 10 miles to get the slime off. I dont see getting a 1000 miles out of this thing. maybe 800? I wasnt checking the miliage on the noob ride, does anyone have it? I would like to keep track of the life span. Like Schwinn said ,the center is going. I have it mounted a 2.50x18. :pioneer_smoke: Im not sure about this tire yet martin. I looks and works awsome. My only concern is the life span for the dollar. My 606's were pretty good wareing tires compared to these. But the jury is still out. We will have to wait and see.Bob

I wasnt checking the miliage on the noob ride, does anyone have it?.Bob

I had a about 100 from my door. With you reversing the mountain, should be close to the same, maybe less.

[

I'm ready to purchase more off-road aggressive tires for my G650X... I'm norrowing it down to the TK80 and Karros... my bike tire is 140/80-18 and 606 does not have that size.. I know Kevin and Steve like the TK80... any final thoughts?? :crazy:

Hey Husky,

The guy over at clairmont cycle told me that euro size tend to run smaller than japanese. I normally use a d606 130/90/18, but when i went to TK80 it was 140/80/18. he told me this will fit my bike and surely enough it does. looks even skinner than the 606. so if you want to go for the 606 try 130/90/18. hopes this help.

sonny

Im not sure whats going on? This Tera Flex is going away fast. I only have the noob ride on it and the ware is very noticable? It took about 10 miles to get the slime off. I dont see getting a 1000 miles out of this thing. maybe 800? I wasnt checking the miliage on the noob ride, does anyone have it? I would like to keep track of the life span. Like Schwinn said ,the center is going. I have it mounted a 2.50x18. :unsure: Im not sure about this tire yet martin. I looks and works awsome. My only concern is the life span for the dollar. My 606's were pretty good wareing tires compared to these. But the jury is still out. We will have to wait and see.Bob

I wrote down the exact mileage this time on the receipt for my new terraflex to see were its going.I have 322 miles on it now. the tire says to be mounted on a 3.5 rim, my wheel says on the rim 2.15 so i think we all are going to run them bald down the middle, but i love this tire in sand like around sand dam superstition.

just put some new shoes on yesterday i'm running the kenda 270 on the back and kings 966 on the front i'll se how it runs this weekend this is my second 270 on the back the first one lasted about 4500 miles so i'm expecting the same, as far as the king go's we'll see.

any recommendation on a good dual sport tires? i use D606 now, but i swear when i hit the pavement it seems to just wear off. i go like 20 miles and i noticed the wear. any knobbies that last longer from other experience? or is this just the price of dual sporting? or perhaps i can switch to a less dirt aggresive tires like a 80/20 ?

Schwinn and Metal Twister just posted comments about how quickly the beefy Teraflex's dissappeared....so I guess that tire may be out for future consideration.....

In addition to the compound of the tire, the rapid wear of any tire's knobbies can also be attributed to the weight of the bike/rider in addition to riding style......the S&S boys (Schwinn and Shrapnel - AKA Metal Twister) like to hammer it......I can attest to that from personal experience tasting their dust last weekend so they're bound to wear any tire down a bit faster than a slow guy like me.....and, needless to say, the surface (street or dirt) also plays into the equation......

So you're unhappy with the 606's?.......you might want to try a Kenda of some sort......I think the Kenda Carlsbads have worn better/lasted longer than the 606's on my KTM/YZ even though they're not DOT tires.....especially when my ~140lb son is the rider on those ~250lb bikes.......I have a 606 from the Desert Dash on the KTM 400 at the moment and I've had'em on the YZ in the past, but when the current 606 is toasted I'll probably put another Kenda on for my son now that the 400 is his primary ride.....they're more aggresive and wear just as well, if not better, than the Dunlops (IMHO). Likewise, when the tires currently on the 520 are finished I'll probably throw on a set of Kenda's.......I believe they're also less expensive than the Dunlops

As mentioned above, in the past I've used Kenda Carlsbads primarily but they're not DOT tires and Kenda has a few "Dualsport specific tires" out now that are DOT approved yet they're still aggressive and designed for both ~80%/20% & ~90%/10% mix of dirt/road.....I'm thinking I may try a K776 rear with a K778 front on the 520 when the time comes....

Kenda Dualsport Tires

Like Schwinn, I have an extra "paddled" wheel/tire for Glamis....

I put on a K-760 trackmaster II, just before the desert dash, it is holding up very well so far. It is very agressive, yet dot legal. This last ride at lake Arrowhead rounded the knobbies a bit. I should probably turn it around within the next ride or two.

It is also pretty easy to get on and off. I am still dreading spooning on the Tereflex. :clapping: Ken

I heard some good things about Dunlop 908RR, like they are great on dirt and last like 3k miles. anyone has any experience with them?

My Kenda 760 is toast after <1500 miles. The last ride I made left a powder of rubber on the fender and the tire looks like I've been sitting in the water box at the local drag strip getting ready to run for the title.

I priced the new Dunlop 908RR and and they had better last forever and grip like slicks on hot asphault because you can almost get 2 606s for the price of one 908RR.