Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

Sunday Dez with the Prez Again

Will be going out to Borrego Springs to prerun some Desert Dash routes and record with GPS. Borrego to Blu In, then some stuff south of the Blu In, then back to Borrego. An all day ride. Again, depending on tempearatures, not sure if I'm trucking out or riding the 950 out.

Plan is meet at the old grocery store across from Carlee's at the corner of S22 (Palm Canyon Road) and Christmas Circle at about 9:30am.

We're riding out, leaving at 7am, meeting at Packard's Coffee House at 8am and Borrego Springs at 9:30am - ish.

Riders must be used to riding sand as we will be riding plenty of sandwashes.

Hope to see someone out there.

This will be an INTERMEDIATE PACED RIDE, lots of sand and sandwashes, not recommended for beginners or novice riders.

bump.

Maddog Mike may join me on his 1200GS.

If it's warmer Sunday, we're ridin' out !

I will be laying out some GPS tracks from Borrego Springs, thru washes to the Truckhaven Trail to Tektonic Gorge to Salton City, then Pole Line Road, then explore a new BLM route south of the Blu In, then back to Borrego.

Start / meeting time to be posted on Saturday the 15th.

I'll ride alone if nobody else shows.

Will be ready to go on sunday, if you want to meet and park at my place the address is: 2527 flying U borrego springs ca 92004. 1st right heading east out of the circle. alyeska

I'd like to join. Just let me know where to meet you and what time on Sunday.

Hey Billybagel......what bike do you ride, and are you used to riding sand ? There will be plenty of sand, and this is an intermediate paced ride.

Just want to let people know, we have a lot of ground to cover to finalize desert dash routes.

This will be an INTERMEDIATE PACED RIDE, lots of sand and sandwashes, not recommended for beginners or novice riders.

I'd like to join. Just let me know where to meet you and what time on Sunday.

Hey Billybagel......what bike do you ride, and are you used to riding sand ? There will be plenty of sand, and this is an intermediate paced ride.

I've got a KTM 400. Have ridden at superstition quite a bit and that whole mountain is sandy.

I've got a KTM 400. Have ridden at superstition quite a bit and that whole mountain is sandy.

Sounds good. See you there, will post a time later. Please PM me your cell number is you have one.

Plan is meet at the old grocery store across from Carlee's at the corner of S22 (Palm Canyon Road) and Christmas Circle at about 9:30am.

We're riding out, leaving at 7am, meeting at Packard's Coffee House in Ramona at 8am and Borrego Springs at 9:30am - ish.

Lookin' forward to riding from the house out to the Dez on the 950.

Surprised there's no other Adventure Bike Riders wanting to ride out with us.

Lookin' forward to riding from the house out to the Dez on the 950.

Surprised there's no other Adventure Bike Riders wanting to ride out with us.

WANT to ride? absolutely! CAN I ride? UH, not yet :angry2:

Dammit........950 won't start, sounds like the starter is hung up or something. The bike has been making loud noises when crank it over, thought maybe the starter was on it's way out....well, maybe it gave out completely now. I try to start it and there's just a whining noise, won't even crank. And it's not the battery.

Don't think anyone else is going to show at Christmas Circle.

Dammit........950 won't start, sounds like the starter is hung up or something. The bike has been making loud noises when crank it over, thought maybe the starter was on it's way out....well, maybe it gave out completely now. I try to start it and there's just a whining noise, won't even crank. And it's not the battery.

Don't think anyone else is going to show at Christmas Circle.

Randy I gave away a used Flywheel Starter Clutch ass,y when I sold my bike. Bummer it looks like you can use one. They are mucho $$$

Randy I gave away a used Flywheel Starter Clutch ass,y when I sold my bike. Bummer it looks like you can use one. They are mucho $$$

What's mucho ? Ballpark please.

I'll have Paul at GP work on it....he'll take care of me.

What's mucho ? Ballpark please.

I'll have Paul at GP work on it....he'll take care of me.

$4-$500 or a lot more depends on who you know.

A limited edition Crawdad Racing 400..... :rolleyes::heh: