Dear Mr. Berges:

Thank you for writing to express your opposition to the consideration of an omnibus public lands package by Congress this year. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue, and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

I understand that you are concerned about the broad scope of previous omnibus public lands bills and oppose new park and wilderness designations that restrict public access and motorized recreation opportunities. As you may know, nearly all of the 159 bills included in the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 (Public Law 111-11) were reviewed and approved by the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources in the 110th Congress, and the rest of the bills were jointly approved by the Democratic and Republican leaders of the Committee. The Energy and Natural Resources Committee – of which I am not a member – will decide whether to prepare an omnibus lands package this year.

You may be interested to know that I have introduced legislation this Congress to support off-highway vehicle (OHV) recreation in California. The "Shasta-Trinity National Forest Administrative Jurisdiction Transfer Act" (S. 1328) would transfer jurisdiction of land in Trinity-Shasta National Forest to allow for more efficient management of the Chappie-Shasta OHV Area. If this bill is enacted, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) would be able to consolidate the OHV area, and the U.S. Forest Service would receive wilderness land currently managed by BLM. OHV users would only be required to obtain permits from BLM, thereby easing current permitting delays. Additionally, the "California Desert Protection Act of 2010" (S. 2921) would designate five permanent OHV areas in the Mojave Desert. Collectively, these areas could cover as much as 314,000 acres.

Please know that I support reasonable access and fair use of our public lands and recognize the need to provide adequate OHV recreation areas. I will be sure to keep your concerns in mind should an omnibus public lands bill come before the full Senate in the 111th Congress.

Again, thank you for writing. I hope you will continue to contact me about issues of importance to you. If you have any additional questions or comments, please contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Also, may I take this opportunity to wish you a happy and healthy holiday season. Best regards

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein

United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ENewsletterSignup.Signup. Feel free to checkout my YouTube page http://www.youtube.com/Senatorfeinstein

Dear Mr. Spaugh:

Thank you for writing to express your opposition to the consideration of an omnibus public lands package by Congress this year. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue, and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

I understand that you are concerned about the broad scope of previous omnibus public lands bills and oppose new park and wilderness designations that restrict public access and motorized recreation opportunities. As you may know, nearly all of the 159 bills included in the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 (Public Law 111-11) were reviewed and approved by the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources in the 110th Congress, and the rest of the bills were jointly approved by the Democratic and Republican leaders of the Committee. The Energy and Natural Resources Committee – of which I am not a member – will decide whether to prepare an omnibus lands package this year.

You may be interested to know that I have introduced legislation this Congress to support off-highway vehicle (OHV) recreation in California. The "Shasta-Trinity National Forest Administrative Jurisdiction Transfer Act" (S. 1328) would transfer jurisdiction of land in Trinity-Shasta National Forest to allow for more efficient management of the Chappie-Shasta OHV Area. If this bill is enacted, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) would be able to consolidate the OHV area, and the U.S. Forest Service would receive wilderness land currently managed by BLM. OHV users would only be required to obtain permits from BLM, thereby easing current permitting delays. Additionally, the "California Desert Protection Act of 2010" (S. 2921) would designate five permanent OHV areas in the Mojave Desert. Collectively, these areas could cover as much as 314,000 acres.

Please know that I support reasonable access and fair use of our public lands and recognize the need to provide adequate OHV recreation areas. I will be sure to keep your concerns in mind should an omnibus public lands bill come before the full Senate in the 111th Congress.

Again, thank you for writing. I hope you will continue to contact me about issues of importance to you. If you have any additional questions or comments, please contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Also, may I take this opportunity to wish you a happy and healthy holiday season. Best regards

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein

United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at http://feinstein.sen...rSignup.Signup. Feel free to checkout my YouTube page http://www.youtube.c...enatorfeinstein

I'm sure her reply to the environmentalists and supporters of the Omnibus Plan is quite the opposite to this letter !

I called instead of e-mailing...even though I knew I wouldn't get to talk to her, I left a message with her associate.

Thanks everyone for being involved with this !

It's a good thing to send e-mails opposing these land grab bills. If you don't participate you don't get to complain, it's a rule.

It's a good thing to send e-mails opposing these land grab bills. If you don't participate you don't get to complain, it's a rule.

Yes, I agree it is good, as I called and left a message with her apprentice, opposing the bill.

I just got a kick out of the response letter.

Sometimes, as the alert suggested, phone calls, faxes and letters work better, because the e-mails many times don't get read, and they just have an automated response for the.

Dear Mr. Offroader,

Thank you for your email, but the Sierra Club donates more money to my campaigns, so sell your toys and get ready to bend over and take it.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein

United States Senato