Ron

Newer Rider! (North County)

:unsure: Hi my name is Ron (RJ). I live in Encinitas and I have a 2005 Honda Xr650L. I'm 48 years old and used to have a Honda 500 street bike when I was younger. I have enjoyed riding again but would like to ride with others and more experienced riders! I'm very capable and comfortable on the street but inexperienced on the dirt. I'm looking to improve in the dirt and continue to ride on the street. I'm looking to ride with a group to show me around and the ropes. This is a very heavy bike. I am very flexible in my riding hours. I would like to ride on the Coast to Desert and in between! Thanks....

RJ :D

Hi Ron,

Sure is nice to get a growing number of people in the NC coastal region! I am also located in Encinitas. There are always rides going. Usually not from up here, but plenty you can join in on. Lots of good people on this site. Plenty of people to school you in the off road ways. XR650l was a good choice. Not that heavy when you get used to it!

Hi Ron,

Sure is nice to get a growing number of people in the NC coastal region! I am also located in Encinitas. There are always rides going. Usually not from up here, but plenty you can join in on. Lots of good people on this site. Plenty of people to school you in the off road ways. XR650l was a good choice. Not that heavy when you get used to it!

Please let me know when you looking to go on a ride. I live in Spyglass just off El Camino Real...I also have a F-250 with a Joe Hauler.........

Please let me know when you looking to go on a ride. I live in Spyglass just off El Camino Real...I also have a F-250 with a Joe Hauler.........

Welcome RJ :unsure: Keep an eye on the Informal Local Rides section (click here for a link) and you'll find that there are usually people riding most weekend and sometimes during the week. Also check-out this post for what looks to be a fun and easy ride.

Go ahead and post a ride suggestion, with some details on what kind of ride you want to do and when, and see who chimes in.

Hope to ride with you soon,

Rob

:unsure: Welome Ron! Always good to see another Honda guy show up (neener neeener Rob :D, Couldn't help myself).

You've got another "BRP" XR650R rider in you neighborhood. The other "good looking Aaron" a.ka: "Mescalero". He's a great guy with allot of knowledge on the big red pigs.

Look forward to meeting you on some rides soon.

Aaron

a.k.a "Gunner"

Hey Ron! Are you the guy from craigslist I sent an email to about this site? Hope to see you out on the trail soon.

Tom

Hey Ron! Are you the guy from craigslist I sent an email to about this site? Hope to see you out on the trail soon.

Tom

Yes!

Thanks Tom. I look forward to meeting/riding with you!

RJ

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hey Ron I am in Carlsbad. You me and XR bum are all close I like to ride local. P.M me or Bum and its on. Craig H. Dont worry about the weight of your bike Its bullet proof, if you learn good bike handeling skiils you will have a blast on your bike. I ride my 650L almost everywhere exept M.X. One weekend its off to Mex. with surfboard,wife and 80 pounds of luggage The next weekend Hammerin the D.D. Last weekend I cruised the coast with 50 thousand dollar choppers. You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

Tom

Yes!

Thanks Tom. I look forward to meeting/riding with you!

RJ

Hi Ron,

I'm a new member and also live in Encinitas with a XT600 (heavy) and with alot of off road tales. Looking forward to a ride.

XTSTEVE

Welcome Ron. I live in Vista, but you wouldn't know it by my knowledge of the area. I grew up in Montana and did most of my riding up there. I have only owned this bike for about 6 months with most of my riding down south or in the desert. I am looking forward to riding some local stuff with some of you locals. I prefer to keep my pavement riding to a minimum and ride my DRZ in the ruff stuff, that is when it is not riding me. I look forward to riding with and meeting you. Ken

Welcome Ron, as you can see there are a few riders in your area as well as the rest of the county. I too look foward to riding with you on my 650L.

See you on the trail. :ph34r:

And another Welcome Ron.....hope to meet and ride with you soon !!

Welcome Ron !!! soon I will get the bike too !!! I'm looking around for find the right one ! :D

looking forward to ride with you !!!!

Stefano

I am new to SDAR . I live in ramona and ride from the front door its nice. noticed the neighbor had a dual sport we have been neighbors for years so I stopped and reinterduced myself. We have been going for short rides on the weekends not much time have to get the honey does done before I head to MT to work for a month or 2 . It will spole you 400 yds of ashphalt to 80+ miles of dirt roads if you take the short route to town. I ride a KTM but the boss new DR400 will have to do. hope to be back because riding with a group is a lot of fun. so will have to check with you when I get back for a ride to the coast