Zenosan

Garmin 76cx on Sale

They also sell Sextants. :)

I thought selling Sextants was illegal except in Nevada outside of Clark County?!?

I think I found a Sextant I could use...

mk15.jpg

I cant use a GPS for nothing, but looking at the numbers, however

I do own 5 sextants which i know how to use very well

never really had a use for the GPS, and besides my father taught us to use the sextants because sooner or later

your gonna need it as the GPS will take a dump on you at sea

I cant use a GPS for nothing, but looking at the numbers, however

I do own 5 sextants which i know how to use very well

never really had a use for the GPS, and besides my father taught us to use the sextants because sooner or later

your gonna need it as the GPS will take a dump on you at sea

Welcome to Luddite's Anonymous Tommy. You are my kind of man. Although the electronic cocoon of modern society is very useful it is also very vulnerable. Its no substitute for basic survival knowledge and skills in dealing with nature.

It's still listed on the website at the same price for anyone that is interested - I'm not sure if it's available at that price in stores. This is THE dual sporting GPS at a great price!

7793078.jpg

$199.00

LINK HERE

Doug,

So why do they ask $400 for the 60Csx??

Who knows? I think it's just because they're trying to clear out their backlog of the 76 series. Garmin markets the 60 series as an outdoor/hiking unit and the 76 series as a marine unit (it floats, etc), even though the screen size, software, operation, memory, etc are identical. Same unit, different case. West Marine probably bought more of the 76 series since they're a marine store.

Also, this one on sale is the non 's' model. Personally, I don't think you need the sensors unless you're going to be doing a lot of hiking (and even then, just bring a cheap compass - it works better and doesn't die when the batteries go out). You won't even use the compass during dual sport rides!

I prefer the 76 for a dual sport unit. It's case seems more rugged (no "external" antenna) and the Ram mount is MUCH more secure than the 60 series (no zip-tie required!!).

At $200, if you're looking for a GPS, get out there and grab one!

Doug,

So why do they ask $400 for the 60Csx??

You can get the 60Csx for $199 on Amazon.. Garmin 60Csx on Amazon

Same as Costco.

csx

Wish I could afford either of them.