captcham

Trials bike ride-McCain Valley Saturday?

Anyone up for doing some trials bike riding? I just got a new to me GasGas and am ready to get out and ride. Hope for some company as I have never riden trials bikes. Anyone???

Anyone up for doing some trials bike riding? I just got a new to me GasGas and am ready to get out and ride. Hope for some company as I have never riden trials bikes. Anyone???

I don't know who else might be out there, but Colby and Al are there like clockwork every single Saturday. Colby shows up around 10 with his "trials" KTM 450 and Al shows up around noon with his fuel injected Montesa. Haven't decided what I'm going to do on Saturday just yet.

I don't know who else might be out there, but Colby and Al are there like clockwork every single Saturday. Colby shows up around 10 with his "trials" KTM 450 and Al shows up around noon with his fuel injected Montesa. Haven't decided what I'm going to do on Saturday just yet.

I haven't been out all summer and really need to get back on the bike.

I'll keep an eye on the thread and maybe I can talk my way into a hall pass this weekend if I'm lucky

if there I am always game for trials on my hushky, its great training. if there will look for the no seat machines.

Looking promising for a hall pass Saturday.

Not going to make the drive though if I'm the only one showing up - otherwise I'll ride the North County ORV area.

If you're thinking of heading to McCain valley Saturday, make sure to repy to this thread . . .

Hope to see some of you Saturday

I would join you guys but I'll be going up to Riverside to pick-up a new (to me) bike on Saturday morning. Have fun and I'll try and make the next trials ride.

In addition to all the rock climbing at McCain there are many tight fun trials type of trails all over the hills in the day use area.

I'm coming from North County so 7 - 8 AM is a to early for me.

Corral Canyon is OK, but the Rocks out at McCain are more fun to me.

Maybe I'll just play around at the NC ORV area this weekend. Am probably way out of shape anyway from not riding all summer, even though I have been getting some gym time in.

Had to change my time to afternoon so I will be out there around 1;30pm or so, Will be at four corners for anyone interested.

By the way where is the NC OHV?

the "official one" is off 74...

You mean highway 74? Isn't that in Riverside county?

It is... although not sure if Wildomar (which I think he is referring to) is in SD or Riverside County

I also sent him a PM on "another" North County opportunity

It is... although not sure if Wildomar (which I think he is referring to) is in SD or Riverside County

I also sent him a PM on "another" North County opportunity

I'm pretty sure that he's talking about the one not far from my house.

well; I've never been there... your house, or the one near there... but I think I set him up a little

maybe you can send him a PM

It's a poorly kept secret - closer to the 76 than the 74 :)

Good thing I didn't go to McCain valley. Rode around for about an hour and then the bike started acting up. Not sure if I fouled a plug or got something in the carb or what but the bke started cutting out under load quite badly.

Thankfully I was on the way back to my truck and only about 1/4 mile away. Will be tearing into it later today to see if I can figure out what's going on with it.

I got out rather late to McCain, but not with the trials bike. Did lots of trails, saw Colby, Al and also Robertaccio. B)

It's a poorly kept secret - closer to the 76 than the 74 :)

Good thing I didn't go to McCain valley. Rode around for about an hour and then the bike started acting up. Not sure if I fouled a plug or got something in the carb or what but the bke started cutting out under load quite badly.

Thankfully I was on the way back to my truck and only about 1/4 mile away. Will be tearing into it later today to see if I can figure out what's going on with it.

That was easy, fouled plug. First time the bike has ever done that.

I got out rather late to McCain, but not with the trials bike. Did lots of trails, saw Colby, Al and also Robertaccio. B)

yep on your way out, was hoping to catch you early to lead my daughters around a abit, they had their XR100 and RM125 along. But we showed up very late in the morn. did acouple of loops and mostly did trials type training (ups and downs) stuff around the open area.good mellow day

yep on your way out, was hoping to catch you early to lead my daughters around a abit, they had their XR100 and RM125 along. But we showed up very late in the morn. did acouple of loops and mostly did trials type training (ups and downs) stuff around the open area.good mellow day

Let me know next time you have family day, and I'll be happy to lead a little singletrack ride. ;)