A couple of us were going to ride the mountain this SATURDAY, 10 Mar 07.

Starting from the usual I-8 Pine Valley exit turn Right and park then Pine Creek and over Laguna. This will be a moderate ride and Nube ++ to experienced. It may end up with some techical at the end depending on who shows. Same ride done before many times with little carnage, except one detour with helo's involved. :unsure: We will turn right this time. :D

Not too fast, but steady.

Start time 0830.

Any takers?? :blink:

Meet at the 014 mark, GPS at bottom of pic.

Posted Image

I will most likely go. I am not too familiar with the technical trails, but i got a new dunlop m21 that gives me a bunch more traction. i will be riding all the way down from escondido cause i wont have my truck on sat. what is the mileage round trip? i only have the stock 3 gal on my bike.

I'll be there bros :P ...not clear about meeting place, right after the exit?

papa is itching to ride :P:D:unsure:

You got it, turn right after the exit then you are there and park.

chris Posted Today, 08:31 PM

I will most likely go. I am not too familiar with the technical trails, but i got a new dunlop m21 that gives me a bunch more traction. i will be riding all the way down from escondido cause i wont have my truck on sat. what is the mileage round trip? i only have the stock 3 gal on my bike.

We can fill up at the meeting place and keep in range of your tank, if not I still have the gas station on my bike if needed(6gal) I will top off which will slow me down. :blink:

See you there. I am only an intermediate rider, however I am an advanced faller. That should raise my average significantly. :unsure: Ken

SOrry I can't join you guys (baseball and softball). No injuries allowed because we are riding together next weekend... Have fun and be safe!

Is it going to be a loop finishing at the same spot, or we end up in a different aria? I need to be back in SD by 5:00 PM so I try to decide truck it or ride it there.

Just for you info, if you park at the Cul De Sac by Pine Valley (south side of I-8), you're supposed to have an Adventure Pass. While parked there, I've gotten one of those envelopes left on my windshield by Mr. Ranger, where you're supposed to send in the $5 for the pass for parking there.

I don't agree with the whole ADV Pass idea, having to have one to park there, because I'd like to know where that money is being used.

I'm just letting you all know. ADV passes available at the Gas Station / Market in Pine Valley.

I am driving my truck from Vista in the morning. I have room for one more bike on my trailer, if you are interested PM me. Don't be a victim of monkey butt. :) Ken

Just for you info, if you park at the Cul De Sac by Pine Valley (south side of I-8), you're supposed to have an Adventure Pass. While parked there, I've gotten one of those envelopes left on my windshield by Mr. Ranger, where you're supposed to send in the $5 for the pass for parking there.

I don't agree with the whole ADV Pass idea, having to have one to park there, because I'd like to know where that money is being used.

I'm just letting you all know. ADV passes available at the Gas Station / Market in Pine Valley.

If you park just north of the cattle guard/down hill side, it is illegal to charge as it is a county maintained road that is already paid for by gas tax and registration fees. If you feel a need to donate to the adventure pass so be it , but it is not required.

If you are uncomfortable parking there, I have friends in PV where we can park free. Inside the cul de sac is USFS. Politics :)

Thanks Randy for clarification.

I will be riding, only 12-16 miles from home.

I read a lot of info on where the fees are actually going, very little goes toward the improvements that they say it does. In fact the Adv Pass was only approved as a test program, it never made it to an approved long term fundraiser for our National Forests. A quick internet search will yield you a ton of information on it. In the meantime, you could print this and leave it on your dashboard.

Posted Image

I read a lot of info on where the fees are actually going. A quick internet search will yield you a ton of information on it. In the meantime, you could print this and leave it on your dashboard.

Well said Jon

I read a lot of info on where the fees are actually going. A quick internet search will yield you a ton of information on it. In the meantime, you could print this and leave it on your dashboard.

Well said Jon

I believe most of the info on the ADV Pass on the internet is OLD. Last Cleveland National Forest meeting I went to, I found out the Adventure Pass is now mandatory in certain areas, it is NO LONGER a Fee Demo program.

Need to find updated info on the internet about it. I'll try to find some.

I found out from a CHP officer that pulled me over in the Angeles Forest when I only had a temporary registration window sticker and no plates on my car. "We get a lot of dumped vehicles out here so we have to check out anything suspicious, says he." If you leave your vehicle in certain areas overnight without the correct pass, it may not be there when you return. For day trips, like Pine valley just off the interstate, I wouldn't worry about it.

Just spent 15 minutes at the National Forest Website and after reading through all their threats of citations for non-compliance you come to the bottom of the Q&A page where I pulled this quote;

The Recreation Fee Demonstration Program is testing the willingness of those individuals who derive direct benefit from the forest to invest in their chosen activity, rather than asking all taxpayers--even those who would never visit a National Forest--to pay more.

It is easy to toss 5 bucks toward maintaining your favorite recreation area when you're out there using it. I just don't believe in paying twice to use my land. Additionally, there are dozens of government programs I'll never use that I continue to PAY MORE for. I thikn this is another reason why we should vote in every election.

BikePilot, I want to discuss this topic further, so let's move it HERE, since this original topic is about a ride on Laguna.

Hijack OFF