Chief Gunner

Got the parts installed!

What is the scoop? Did they put the wrong front sprocket on before? What did they do or not do for you? Would you recommend them to others? It looks great. Ken

Q: What do you get when you dress and polish a pig?

A: A shiny pig! B):P:D:P:D:D:P:D:D:angry::lol:B)

Go break it in and let's ride! ;)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hey Gunner that chain looks too tight, at least in the picture. Craig H. When the swingarm is in a straight line it may be way to tight. Ride Orange, Easy on the pig jokes, last I heard Honda sells more PIGS worldwide than KTM sells Bikes combined. I think the number was like 93% of the entire market is dominated by HONDA. I saw a realy good article in M.X.A.the other day you all should read it.

post-465-1173364443_thumb.jpg

I took the pic while it was still on the stand as soon as I got it all on before I adjusted the chain.

The sprockets and chain that broke were from Sidewinder (Krause racing) the cause of the broke chain was the inside teeth on the primary not being wide enough to engage the spline shaft (counter) properly, it cocked at a weird angle which threw the chain out of alignment and stressed the chain to break.

It tore up at least three teeth on the rear sprocket too. But it's All good now ;) !

Damage toatal: Had to replace: the Chain (went with a Gold RKXSO520 "X-Ring" with a tensile breaking strength of 8,900 lbs) new front & rear sprockets, hub bolts, washers, nuts and the new "XR's Only" Chain Slider.

I'll admit that the wife was not very happy with me about the $$$ it cost but I re-assured her that it was all about quality and safety :angry:

Funny thing was that after it was all done and I fired it up (had to let the neighbors know the pig was back in action) I did a few laps around the house and my neighbors asked me why they had not heard the bike in awhile B)B):D:lol: I'm lucky they are cool!

Propably should've thrown this up in the tech section for the whole repair thing as a write up huh?

I'll Catch you guys later!

Aaron

How much does the KING OF BLING charge for some detail work? Trigger needs a bath desperately!

How much does the KING OF BLING charge for some detail work? Trigger needs a bath desperately!

I put the homeless guys in El Cajon out of a job "Will work for Beer" :angry::lol:;)B):D Just kidding.... anytime you want to come over and work on "Trigger" you are welcome.

Funny thing was that after it was all done and I fired it up (had to let the neighbors know the pig was back in action) I did a few laps around the house and my neighbors asked me why they had not heard the bike in awhile :lol:;)B):D I'm lucky they are cool!

Aaron

Hey Aaron I lived in Lakeside for many years and my Nieghbors were cool too. Some people may consider them rednecks though! Here are a couple pics of my old Lakeside nieghbors

Posted Image

Posted Image

The pit bikes sound like fun but seriously I would consult an attorney before I provided ANYONE with bikes and property to ride them on. XR50s can kick your butt - so can lawsuits. :angry:

Funny thing was that after it was all done and I fired it up (had to let the neighbors know the pig was back in action) I did a few laps around the house and my neighbors asked me why they had not heard the bike in awhile :DB):D:lol: I'm lucky they are cool!

Aaron

Hey Aaron I lived in Lakeside for many years and my Nieghbors were cool too. Some people may consider them rednecks though! Here are a couple pics of my old Lakeside nieghbors

Posted Image

Posted Image

The pit bikes sound like fun but seriously I would consult an attorney before I provided ANYONE with bikes and property to ride them on. XR50s can kick your butt - so can lawsuits. :angry:

Good point there Paul B) , the wife saw it and gave me the old "See I told you it's not a good idea" so I guess that one is shot down in flames, I'll stick to riding (legal like) with you guy's ;)

Funny thing was that after it was all done and I fired it up (had to let the neighbors know the pig was back in action) I did a few laps around the house and my neighbors asked me why they had not heard the bike in awhile :DB):D:lol: I'm lucky they are cool!

Aaron

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good point there Paul B) , the wife saw it and gave me the old "See I told you it's not a good idea" so I guess that one is shot down in flames, I'll stick to riding (legal like) with you guy's ;)

Ah yes,safety and quality always sells the wifey on us spending money,but every time i get caught she laughs and says she is going to buy something shiny for herself . :D

Game on

Ride Orange, Easy on the pig jokes, last I heard Honda sells more PIGS worldwide than KTM sells Bikes combined. I think...blah, blah, blah... B)

:D:angry:

This should be good! Let the Games begin! HA! :angry:

Okay we got the HAM (pig) lovers and the Pumkin Pie (KTM) lovers, who's gonna chime in next?

My CRS must be getting worse. I just read this entire post and didn't read anything about "pit bikes" except in replies. What am I missing? Ken

My CRS must be getting worse. I just read this entire post and didn't read anything about "pit bikes" except in replies. What am I missing? Ken

I mentioned a crazy idea about getting a couple of 50's to tear it up in my yard but edited the lines out, classic "open mouth and insert foot" on my part after Steve enlightened me on the liability issues I could be subjected to. :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

You know I was wondering about the new K.T.M. it realy looks neat but why was there only one at Amago. 68 Honda 3 Suzukiand 8 Yamaha. I gues K.T.M couldnt quite make it in the real world so they slaped some lights on their bikes and went after the smaller duel sport market. GAME ON BRO. :D:P:DB)

post-465-1173367381_thumb.jpg

post-465-1173367602_thumb.jpg

post-465-1173367638_thumb.jpg

post-465-1173367677_thumb.jpg

What is the scoop? Did they put the wrong front sprocket on before? What did they do or not do for you? Would you recommend them to others? It looks great. Ken

Ken; Like allot of things I've done in my life I had to learn the hard way. I read about how great the Titanium "Tri-metal" sprockets and chains were and I also read about changing the gearing on the bike to bring down the RPM's on the road (I ride the pig to work allot) so I threw my $300 down and put the stuff on thinking it was going to be worth it, WRONG!

I did get 3,000+ miles out of the set up but realized that my gearing was way to high for off road a few times when I stalled out on rides. I am now at the stock gearing (15T / 45T) and will see how that goes for me, I like to experiment so a tooth down on the front might be next after I wear the new stuff out. :D

Ken; Like allot of things I've done in my life I had to learn the hard way. I read about how great the Titanium "Tri-metal" sprockets and chains were and I also read about changing the gearing on the bike to bring down the RPM's on the road (I ride the pig to work allot) so I threw my $300 down and put the stuff on thinking it was going to be worth it, WRONG!

I did get 3,000+ miles out of the set up but realized that my gearing was way to high for off road a few times when I stalled out on rides. I am now at the stock gearing (15T / 45T) and will see how that goes for me, I like to experiment so a tooth down on the front might be next after I wear the new stuff out. :P

Dont you people have a job to go to, or are you like me who gets paid to sit in front of a computer all day selling electrical parts. B):D:D:P:P

I did get 3,000+ miles out of the set up but realized that my gearing was way to high for off road a few times when I stalled out on rides. I am now at the stock gearing (15T / 45T) and will see how that goes for me, I like to experiment so a tooth down on the front might be next after I wear the new stuff out. :P

Dont you people have a job to go to, or are you like me who gets paid to sit in front of a computer all day selling electrical parts. B):D:D:P:P

I got "Phone Watch/ Bitch" here in the office for a few hours. I'm kinda like a maytag repair man but I work on missile launchers, it was funny to see your reply and watch some of the guys bail .....HA. Oh the phone is ringing...gotta go.

"Dont you people have a job to go to, or are you like me who gets paid to sit in front of a computer all day selling electrical parts."

I am fortunate enough to be able to have the time to check the "view new posts" a dozen times a day. Some days it is hard to find the time. Between this site, Ebay, Craigslist, thumpertalk, ADVrider, and a few others, I think it is a testament to my perserverance that I get any work done at all. :D Ken

Sorry for the hi-jack, I guess this should have beeen started in a post not for pics.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I guess this goes under parts. Remember My CR500 look at it now. Gunner this is my bling bike I felt it needed a face lift since it hasnt been painted since 91. I am realy stoked with how Hooti at Mad Raceing is taking care of this project. He is re Valveing my suspension for M.X. replaceing all the bearings and most of the nuts and bolts. I took the frame to get it sandblasted then back to M.R. to check welds. the welds were fine but they are going to double the steel tubes on the bottom of the frame and guset it then back to the powder coater. It might be done by the 16th. I hope . Why I ride a 500, well if a 150 four strok is equal .to a 80 two strok and a 250 Four equal to a 125 two stroke and a 450 four stroke equal to a 250 two stroke then were does that put a 500cc two stroke, ported,polished,raised compression,weisco piston,V force reed, C12 race gas,F.M.F. pipe. Baja D kit,Exel wheels,DiD gold chain,Mad Raceing suspension,I.M.S pegs,Tag bars,Clark 5 gallon tank.Barnet clutch,Magura hydralic clutch lever, and a nutcase at the controlls.

post-465-1173377672_thumb.jpg

post-465-1173377715_thumb.jpg

post-465-1173377747_thumb.jpg

post-465-1173377897_thumb.jpg

Hey hammer,hooty does great work,he did my suspension on my street CRF 450R,cuz he has a super motard team he was able to dial me in

I guess this goes under parts. Remember My CR500 look at it now. Gunner this is my bling bike I felt it needed a face lift since it hasnt been painted since 91. I am realy stoked with how Hooti at Mad Raceing is taking care of this project. He is re Valveing my suspension for M.X. replaceing all the bearings and most of the nuts and bolts. I took the frame to get it sandblasted then back to M.R. to check welds. the welds were fine but they are going to double the steel tubes on the bottom of the frame and guset it then back to the powder coater. It might be done by the 16th. I hope . Why I ride a 500, well if a 150 four strok is equal .to a 80 two strok and a 250 Four equal to a 125 two stroke and a 450 four stroke equal to a 250 two stroke then were does that put a 500cc two stroke, ported,polished,raised compression,weisco piston,V force reed, C12 race gas,F.M.F. pipe. Baja D kit,Exel wheels,DiD gold chain,Mad Raceing suspension,Clark 5 gallon tank.Barnet clutch,Magura hydralic clutch lever, and a nutcase at the controlls.

Your CR500 is SWEET! I told you before that I had one once I got off of another Sailor it was used & abused and it still scared the hell out of me, super friggin fast bike, that power band creates a tight vacum from your butt to the seat when it winds out!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hey hammer,hooty does great work,he did my suspension on my street CRF 450R,cuz he has a super motard team he was able to dial me in

[/quote SCHWINN hooty is awsome he did some mods on my motor 8 years ago. That is why I havent been able to give :D this one up.Next year he is going to do my complete motor. :DB)

WOW! Nice bike Hammer...

...where does that put a 500cc two stroke, Exel wheels, DiD (Regina) gold chain, Magura hydralic clutch (and) lever, and a nutcase at the controlls.

Stock parts on my KTMs (including the nutcase) B) , as well as Brembo brake calipers, Braking wave rotors, Stainless Steel hydraulic lines, WP Forks and Shock, etc., but I'm not an MXer. How much extra does a fella have to pay to get a japanese bike set-up correctly?

You know I was wondering about the new K.T.M. it realy looks neat but why was there only one at Amago. 68 Honda 3 Suzukiand 8 Yamaha.

I guess the japanese bikes work well on the MX tracks because you can always tear them down and replace whatever has broken between motos :D . Check the results pages of I.S.D.E. (here), Last Man Standing (here), Dakar (here), Endurocross (here), and the good ol' USA Hare & Hound National Series (of which Round 3 will be held at our own Superstition Mountains on March 25th. You can get a first hand look at the Orange and Black taking the chekered flag.).

I guess we're comparing "apples to oranges" (pun intended, get it? apples are red and oranges are... orange... clever huh?) here. The guys that are in it for the long haul seem to prefer the quality of the Mighty KTM!

Your court bro :D

WOW! Nice bike Hammer...

...where does that put a 500cc two stroke, Exel wheels, DiD (Regina) gold chain, Magura hydralic clutch (and) lever, and a nutcase at the controlls.

Stock parts on my KTMs (including the nutcase) :D , as well as Brembo brake calipers, Braking wave rotors, Stainless Steel hydraulic lines, WP Forks and Shock, etc., but I'm not an MXer. How much extra does a fella have to pay to get a japanese bike set-up correctly?

You know I was wondering about the new K.T.M. it realy looks neat but why was there only one at Amago. 68 Honda 3 Suzukiand 8 Yamaha.

I guess the japanese bikes work well on the MX tracks because you can always tear them down and replace whatever has broken between motos B) . Check the results pages of I.S.D.E. (here), Last Man Standing (here), Dakar (here), Endurocross (here), and the good ol' USA Hare & Hound National Series (of which Round 3 will be held at our own Superstition Mountains on March 25th. You can get a first hand look at the Orange and Black taking the chekered flag.).

I guess we're comparing "apples to oranges" (pun intended, get it? apples are red and oranges are... orange... clever huh?) here. The guys that are in it for the long haul seem to prefer the quality of the Mighty KTM!

Your court bro :P

Where does the line start to test ride that rocket :P:D