carguy

Corral Canyon opening

As posted earlier, Corral Canyon Recreation area is open with limited access. Now you and our green sticker bretheren can enjoy one of the limited off road areas that we have left in San Diego County.

I drove by today and the "Road Closed" signs were being removed by USFS.

I would like to offer some advice to our riders that may use this area. ++A large portion of the area was damaged by the Horse fire and needs time to rehabilitate. Some additional errosion control measures will be installed in those areas until some stable vegetation can take hold. All of the damaged areas are fenced off.

Please do not destroy the fences and explore the fire damaged area. If you see someone in those areas let them know they need to stay out. If we can do this the complete area could be opened within a year, if riders continue to violate the burn area the complete area will be closed until the fire damage can be repaired.

This is our riding area and we worked hard to get open, Let's keep it open. :D

A link to the web site and maps can be found HERE!

Thanks,

Nice!!!

I think a SDAR ride/camp weekend like we talked about is in store to celebrate our efforts and the re-opening?!!

Hell yeah Mescalero, carguy and anyone else here who might be interested!

I have to get the pig fixed 1st, but I will be down for that in the near future. I'm good for beer & some food (thinking steaks for this one :lol::D !).

oh and I won't keep anyone waiting in the morning this time.....And I have got to get a warmer sleeping bag! Froze my butt off in that hut last Friday.

Global warming my.......

Gunner

Thanks Carguy for checking up on this. Saw something on another site and checked the Forest Service website this morning and it hadn't been updated yet... I haven't forgotten the dicussion we had about camping out their Mescalero, good idea... but I know what you mean Chief Gunner about the cold... It was pretty cold in tent city at DD07 too!!! Just ask Pyro...

Hell yeah Mescalero, carguy and anyone else here who might be interested!

I have to get the pig fixed 1st, but I will be down for that in the near future. I'm good for beer & some food (thinking steaks for this one :ph34r::lol: !).

oh and I won't keep anyone waiting in the morning this time.....And I have got to get a warmer sleeping bag! Froze my butt off in that hut last Friday.

Global warming my.......

Gunner

Hey guys,this is schwinn,my 26ft toyhauler is for sale that i had at the dash and i just bought a 38ft

5th wheel that will sleep like 12 so nobody that i know is going to freeze next trailer ride and campout.

Thanks for posting John. Camping sounds like a great idea too :lol: I'd like to reiterate that this area will need to be "policed" to a great degree (as requested in previous correspondence by the USFS) by us responsible riders. There are a lot of YA-Hoos that will be busting over the fences! Ride with a buddy and let the YA-Hoos know that they are screwing it up for everyone by being YA-Hoos...

When's the camping trip going to be? Can we make it a family affair?:ph34r:

Sounds like a blast ! I'll bring the zip-ties . . .

mawAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:ph34r:

Corral Canyon was the first place my family did dirtbike camping, it was a blast even if the kids couldn't ride too many of the trails. I'm in if the group wants to camp out there too.

:ph34r: Great news!! I'm also up for camping!! This is the first area I used with my son when I re-started riding about 5 years ago.. I used to camp in a tent, and then took my 25 foot RV... I was not a collaborator or volunteer, but I sure like to help out protecting the area...