Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Mojave Rd. Ride

Back from family trip.......sadly, SXP and Hobiee had to bail......Rad and Dig Dug are possible last minute additions......any others?

I hope to be in Barstow by ~6pm this Friday.......see ya there

On my way back from Page Sunday morning I stopped on Trumbell Mountain road outside of Fredonia for a doggie break. At 5:30 am it was 24 degrees. Fair warning for those going to higher altitudes next week.

Don's post should serve as a reminder for everyone headed out to Mojave Rd. this weekend......it will be C-O-L-D on Sat morning when you leave Barstow......not chilly, C-O-L-D (assuming you start early :blink: - big day/big miles/early nightfall.......leave early ;) )

Barstow 10 Day: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA0069

Laughlin 10 Day: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USNV0051?role=

Hi Chris & SDAR riders,

Might see you on sunday.

We are a small group of 6 riders. Riding out of Primm. Will be on the Mohave road on sunday heading west.

I'm starting in Primm, to (SE)Nipton, then to the mountains(NE) to Clarks Well, (S) to OX Ranch, then the (W) Mohave road to the Mail Box, Lava Tubes, around (N)Cima Mtn(if we have gas) to the I15 and gas. Then I'm using your Primm tracks north of I15 thru Greens Cabin & the Ivanpah Mines back to Primm.

Be prepared for rain. :angry:

A great & safe ride for all, Steve...

post-2031-006985900 1289842846_thumb.jpg

Chris, as much as I want to make the ride........I cannot due to finances right now. $$ are really tight.

:blink: No rain in the forecast (see extended forecast links in above post :rolleyes: .......I wish it would rain this week to knock down the dust!)

Have fun and maybe we'll see ya along the way......check the mailbox for signatures......that'll tell us if we missed each other......

Chris, as much as I want to make the ride........I cannot due to finances right now. $$ are really tight.

Bummer.....catch ya on the next one.....go explore those potential DD tracks I sent ya......working on cooking up some other stuff too.....

On my way back from Page Sunday morning I stopped on Trumbell Mountain road outside of Fredonia for a doggie break. At 5:30 am it was 24 degrees. Fair warning for those going to higher altitudes next week.

Hey, now, hold on! Nobody said anything about any discomfort.

24 degrees. I's skeered. Bringing heated vest.

Wolfman Enduro Saddlebags will be arriving today (my Ortliebs are pretty worn out)......riding into work on Friday morning (brrrrrrr) and loading the bike/bags/gear in Strega's truck around noonish.......then we're Barstow bound......are YOU ready?

Yes, I'm ready.

Well, if the headlight ever shows up from Trail Tech after it's 6th warranty repair and missing a two day ride LAST weekend due to it's absence.

But the GPSs are loaded, new tires on the Volvo, and time cleared for Friday.

I really, REALLY need to ride. Haven't ridden since Grand Canyon.

Yes, I'm ready.

Well, if the headlight ever shows up from Trail Tech after it's 6th warranty repair and missing a two day ride LAST weekend due to it's absence.

Looking forward to your Medley of classics that will no doubt be gracing my earpieces on the long dusty Mojave trail!! :whistle::drinks:

Yes, I'm ready.

I am in the middle of loading my GPS tracks for the 3rd time. I haven't been on a bike since July. Today or tomorrow I will start the DRZ and see if it still runs, haven't started it (maybe once) since Doug and I rode Big Bear, I think that was in June. Need to clean the fork seals (noticed a slight leaker), change the oil, put the bags on it, pack some tools, get my riding clothes washed, see if the tires have air, and some other stuff. So, I am about ready :coolio: .

I am in the middle of loading my GPS tracks for the 3rd time. I haven't been on a bike since July. Today or tomorrow I will start the DRZ and see if it still runs, haven't started it (maybe once) since Doug and I rode Big Bear, I think that was in June. Need to clean the fork seals (noticed a slight leaker), change the oil, put the bags on it, pack some tools, get my riding clothes washed, see if the tires have air, and some other stuff. So, I am about ready :coolio: .

and you STILL are more prepared than some!!

B)..i keed i keed

Yikes.

I feel sorry for whomever has to ride with you!

Oh. Wait.

Hey, its not like I havent done anything, I did plug the DRZ into the battery charger. Also I did spend quite a while looking for co2 cartridges, only found 2 extra so I had to swing into Big 5 and get another box. I don't remember giving away that many.... shocker :lol: .

:blink: No rain in the forecast (see extended forecast links in above post :rolleyes: .......I wish it would rain this week to knock down the dust!)

Have fun and maybe we'll see ya along the way......check the mailbox for signatures......that'll tell us if we missed each other......

I have looked at a couple of different weather sites and for Sat. they say 30% chance of rain for Barstow and 40% for Laughlin. A light rain might not be bad to keep the dust down, of course a Friday rain would be better.

Just finished getting my new steering damper on the Husky last night (melting and reshaping the ^%$% IMS tank required to make it fit)... went to start the bike and blew a fuse (both on the bike and in my head...). I think I have the problem sorted out, but won't know until I do a shakedown ride. Maybe we should start a special Mojave Road list:

PEOPLE YOU DON'T WANT TO RIDE WITH AND WHY

------------------------------------------

piratemonkey: rides a bike whose future personalized plate will be PCOFSHT

I have looked at a couple of different weather sites and for Sat. they say 30% chance of rain for Barstow and 40% for Laughlin. A light rain might not be bad to keep the dust down, of course a Friday rain would be better.

Sunny all week.....rain Sat.....then Sunny all week.........what the heck? :huh:

Yep, a light overnight rain would be welcome to knock down the dust ;)

That said, too much rain and the river crossing will be a bit deeper/Soda Dry Lake *may* be impassable on Sunday :withstupid: .........so we'll just cross our fingers and hope for the best :blink:

An "adventure" regardless :smile_anim:

Hey, waitaminnet.

Nobody said anything about rain in the ride proposal, and I don't see any in the GPS tracks.

Hey, waitaminnet.

Nobody said anything about rain in the ride proposal, and I don't see any in the GPS tracks.

Digging deeper it looks like the forecasted precipitation is slated to fall while we're sleeping......NOT while we're riding: http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USCA0069?begHour=22&begDay=323#Sat,%20Nov%2020

Forecast for 7am is mostly cloudy and 42 degrees........let's hope that forecast holds true :rolleyes: .........no sun in the eyes as we travel east.......knocked down dust from the rain........puuuuurrrrfect.......let'er rip :good:

ahhhh, new meat on the rear, dirt ready, the only problem is who ever follows me will be smelling smoke from my tire off my exhaust :torch: , o-well should be rubbed off about halfway though :D:D

Yikes.

I feel sorry for whomever has to ride with you!

Oh. Wait.

Hey, its not like I havent done anything, I did plug the DRZ into the battery charger. Also I did spend quite a while looking for co2 cartridges, only found 2 extra so I had to swing into Big 5 and get another box. I don't remember giving away that many.... shocker :lol: .

You gave all the co2 to me, Ken. When you hosted the maintenance day at your shop. I'm pretty sure I still have all of them, since I haven't exactly been riding much lately :D

Hey, waitaminnet.

Digging deeper it looks like the forecasted precipitation is slated to fall while we're sleeping......NOT while we're riding: http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USCA0069?begHour=22&begDay=323#Sat,%20Nov%2020

Forecast for 7am is mostly cloudy and 42 degrees........let's hope that forecast holds true :rolleyes: .........no sun in the eyes as we travel east.......knocked down dust from the rain........puuuuurrrrfect.......let'er rip :good:

Welp........forecast is now calling for Rain in Barstow around 9am.......rain in Laughlin around 3pm.......hopefully we'll get out of Barstow BEFORE it hits and into Laughlin BEFORE it hits.....think "Half full, NOT half empty" :rolleyes:

Secured/Covered parking arranged for ~20 bikes.....great service.....

Hi Chris:

Motorcycle parking will be 3rd floor “B” (covered) parking in garage.

I will be in the office on Mon 9 to 5. If, anything should come up my cell number is XXX, you can call me over

the weekend if, emergency.

Also let everyone know about buffet to be picked up at check in.

Thanks Chris, hopefully we will meet on Monday.

Have a safe weekend

Cathy LaFrance

Sales Agent

EDGEWATER & COLORADO BELLE

think "Half full, NOT half empty" :rolleyes:

I hope you're not talking about the water crossing :heh: :heh:

I am thinking a clear lens in my goggles and not having to suck in dust all day. It's going to be great.