After a morning ride with son Dave, I took my better half to dinner and we headed over to Qualcomm to watch Phil race. It takes Huevos Rancheros to throw a 350 lb DR650 around the SUMO/Kart course. I'll never be out there as I realized my potential at Huevos de Chihauhau.

Great time and Phil clocked 86.5 MPH down the back straight on a bone stock ('cept the SUMO set up) DR650. Very fun to watch and he got a workout. Nothin' but smiles when the checkered flag dropped.

Gettin' to the grid.

CIMG1964.jpg

Patiently waiting

CIMG1967.jpg

CIMG1972.jpg

Phil leading another rider out of a turn

CIMG1970.jpg

I was impressed by the speed of the Street Moto class & then the Race Moto class lined up. Pikes peak winner Gary Trachy put on a show along with the rest of 'em. Just like anything else you might see on TV.....this was 10 times more impressive in person.

Great job Phil! Bet you're still smilin'...!!

thanks for the update, Trachy was there, musta been quite the speed fest!! How were the Karts??

Thanks Ken! I had a total blast and can barely wait for next months races!

The karts, especially the shifter karts, were simply amazing!

i am so dying for a set of sumo wheels on my 530...looks so fun...

mcnut...nice looking ride and pics...i see a video cam....video on the way? :D

very nice phil...good job

and what a great number on your bike....doug henry is one of my all time favorite riders

I want to rid myself of the R6 and get a SuMo, but I have a feeling I would be a very very bad kid on a SuMo on the street...and that's not good.

Here's another one:

Heat Race

After I ran off the track, I only managed to catch up and pass 2 others.

I am processing the Main event video and will post it tomorrow. It's gonna be short, because I was out of the action after 3 minutes and was pretty much riding by myself with 2 or 3 behind me. At least I did not get lapped before the main was over.

I had so much fun and it was a good workout too!

Here's another one:

Heat Race

After I ran off the track, I only managed to catch up and pass 2 others.

I am processing the Main event video and will post it tomorrow. It's gonna be short, because I was out of the action after 3 minutes and was pretty much riding by myself with 2 or 3 behind me. At least I did not get lapped before the main was over.

I had so much fun and it was a good workout too!

Looks like you had fun! Go Phil. Let me know when the next one is and I will come out.

The next one at Qualcomm is Sept 26th. I might do a track day at Adams in Riverside before then, usually on a Wednesday.

Final Video. Kept this one short as it was very boring (and lonely) after the 1st 3 minutes.

Clicky Here

Until next time!

Thanks again to Ken and Laura for coming out and showing their support!