Ride-Orange

Fare Well Marbee40

It's time to say so long and fare well to SDAR member Marbee40, aka Jim Striker, who will be off tomorrow on the next leg of his life's adventure. Jim and his family are moving to Alaska.

I just met Jim at the Desert Dash and barely got to know him, and honestly it was the kind of meeting that a guy kind of wishes never happened. Not because of any negative connotation, but because Jim is a guy I wished I had met years ago. There are a few people in the world that you can recognize as "down folk" after just a couple of hours, and Jim is one of 'em.

Good luck in Alaska Jim. Keep us posted... ;)

Yep, I agree. I just met Jim this weekend, and am sorry to see him leaving so soon. I figure I'll see him when I go on my next adventure to Alaska.

Capt. Jim, good luck and have a safe trip. Remember, you're always welcome here on SDAR, and come back to visit and go riding with us.

Some time soon, we'll have to do the Dust to Dawson ride together with the ADVrider Alaska crew, from AK, to Dawson City in the Yukon Territory.

Yup, Jim is definately good people. I too am bummed to see him go but am going to be visiting him in October.

Have a safe trip up and then best of luck to you with your career goal. Like I said brother, you are a shoe in for the AK State Troopers.

See ya later Chief.

Unfortunately I haven’t met many folks in this group and I’ve been a member for years (my fault for lurking more than riding)……sorry I didn’t get to meet you in person but good luck with your move to Alaska……my brother went up to Anchorage for a 2 week duck hunting trip…..that lasted 30 years!!!……he loved the area and I really embraced it too when I visited him (he got knocked down and out by cancer two years ago)…..he lived in Chugiak which is about 30 miles east of Anchorage towards McKinley…..let me know if you need any contacts/shoulders to lean on if you’re headed to that area of the state……I have a few friends in the area…..would love to go up there and ride sometime….

a few pics from my last trip to your newly adopted hometown.....2 at the Iditarod museum and one heading into town.....my brother's place was ~30 minutes west of Wasilla (near Eagle River).....enjoy ;)

post-70-1172704006_thumb.jpg

post-70-1172704024_thumb.jpg

post-70-1172704035_thumb.jpg

You know I never thought I would meet another EOC on this site. Chief Guns tells me he know this EOC and we were comming to Corral Canyon to volunteer.

You know we never got to ride. Dang!!!

Sure the family doesn't want to move south??

Keep in touch and the "CAN DO!" spirit will see us through. We will find a way.

before mods and decommisioning. This was painted at rosy roads Desert Storm.

Posted Image

SEABEEs are close and Chief's mess closer, We are here!

Safe trip and Until next time bro. ;)

Corral Canyon volunteer, Desert Dash volunteer... I've seen him working more than riding!! Definitely a guy who brings more to the table than he could ever think of taking.

Safe travels to you and the family Jim! ;)

Fair Winds and Following Seas My Brother Chief Petty Officer!

Jim's a hell of a great guy! I've got his address & email so if anyone wants to contact him just PM me. He ordered a bunch of parts for his piggie right before he left and had them shipped to my house in C/O. So once they all come in to my place I gotta forward them up to Alaska for him.

Maybe someday a group of us could show up at his front door on a looooooong ride!

Gunner