Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

One dualsport ride, three mountains

So....I called DSfox up last night and said "Hello, it's Mimi." She asked "Me who?" I said "Me me, I said Mimi." She said "Oh, I thought you said me." "Well" I said, "it IS me". And so with that, we mapped out the meeting plans for the morning.

Kkug, DSfox, Evan, Domvrt and myself all met in Escondido to caravan up to the Mobile station next to Dairy Queen in Anza for a little ride. Once we arrived and got all geared up and ready to go, Kkug displayed a map with a nice route marked on it. We would go over the west side of Thomas Mountain, take a break at Cranston station, head up Bee Canyon, lunch at Jo-Anns, head over to Santa Rosa mountain and then slab it back to Dairy Queen for the ice cream finale.

Evan (camera not awake yet?)

100_0979.jpg

Domvrt

100_0980.jpg

Kkug

100_0981.jpg

DSfox

100_0982.jpg

Heading down Rouse Hill road.

100_0983.jpg

A beautiful view....and Lake Hemet too. :D

100_0984.jpg

Obligatory play-in-the-creek shot.

100_0986.jpg

100_0987.jpg

Out on the trail heading to Pine Cove.

100_0990.jpg

100_0991.jpg

100_0992.jpg

Lunch at Jo Anns.

100_0994.jpg

More pics to come.

Getting ready to head out. Dom didn't join us for the Santa Rosa part, as he had to get back and run some errands.

100_0995.jpg

Cool wood sculpture.

100_0997.jpg

100_0998.jpg

Kkug arrives at Santa Rosa springs.

100_0999.jpg

It wasn't running last summer, but was doing just fine this summer.

100_1000.jpg

100_1001.jpg

The warning tree.

100_1002.jpg

100_1003.jpg

The top gate was locked just like last summer, so we parked below the summit.

100_1004.jpg

Salton Sea in the distance.

100_1007.jpg

Sage in bloom....or something really pungent.

100_1012.jpg

Tree up close.

100_1022.jpg

100_1024.jpg

More flowery stuff.

100_1023.jpg

And finally we topped off the days events with ice cream at Dairy Queen. If it's good enough for the folks of Texasville, it's good enough for us. :D

100_1025.jpg

Yes, we are being goofs and enjoying our treats.

100_1026.jpg

100_1027.jpg

100_1028.jpg

I really had a good time today with my friends. It was nice to meet The Kkug and ride with him, and as always it was good to ride with Deb and son. Hope to see Domvrt and his Husky on another ride too. It was a long day for sure, almost 6 pm before we got out of Anza headed for home. Can't wait till the next ride. :lol:

Thanks Mimi for doing the ride report, I know we can count on you. I guessed we missed the big bike group. They had to have been close.

It was a great ride and a fun day.

An Awesome Day riding is Better than....Well...most any OTHER Awesome Day that I can think of !:lol: .....(man, I'm missing the "clapping" and "party" icons):D

The weather was amazingly cool for this time of year...Not uncomfortable at all...a tiny bit warm at the Ranger Station break, but we spent most of our day at High Elevation...Rouse Ridge was alot of fun,,Bee Canyon not all silty as I guess it can get,....the cruise up to Idyllwild had some beautiful trails..The slab after lunch was welcome over to Santa Rosa / Toro Peak after having a big and delicious lunch with the tourists...and Santa Rosa and Toro Peak have been added to my lists of favorite local places...Awesome up there !........

We made a 100+ mile loop that was alot of fun...

I'm so proud of my son, he Rocked today, and kept up with KKUG all day..(of course I gave him the ktm and that helped out a little;) )......Glad he (and myself)... have some Great riders to follow closely, learn from and imitate........Sorry we missed the Big Bikers, as meeting them was the original plan......Another Whole New Area for me...How great it is to start out in the High Desert, Inland Valleys and End up at 8000 feet in a pine forest......these local rides and trails just keep getting better...Thanks to All of YOU...

here's more pics....

P8010073.jpg

P8010062.jpg

P8010065.jpg

P8010068.jpg

P8010066.jpg

P8010070.jpg

P8010072.jpg

enjoying the mountains now...In a couple more months...we'll be back down here to ride !

P8010071.jpg

Great report & pics. Can't believe we didn't cross paths. 257 miles door to door for me.

Great report!! And I like the flowery stuff too :lol: can't wait to ride this with you. I was leaving my parents house, just happened to stop at the Mobile station in Anza.... Guess who I saw leaving the parking area. At first I wasn't sure if I knew anyone, but then I saw the Jeep, with the hauler and a rack.. ;) I am in Crestline doing some fishing and hiking. Hope all is good, see ya soon on the trail.

BC

Lucky ducky! Probably gonna get some trout, no doubt! I hope the weather is nice for you today. I see lots of clouds to the east and it's even sort of cloudy here at my place.