christi20

Arizona Dual Sport

I am hoping to go to Arizona mid september to visit my mom ...and ride some trails of course.

Anyone have any tracks or good advice on some good riding areas? I will be in the town of Mayer, which is central AZ.

I am hoping to go to Arizona mid september to visit my mom ...and ride some trails of course.

Anyone have any tracks or good advice on some good riding areas? I will be in the town of Mayer, which is central AZ.

The ride up to Crown King.........also, there's lots of good stuff around Prescott.

I've ridden in that area.......but don't have tracks. I use maps.

My suggestion is go on ADVrider to the Southwest Regional forum, post that you'll be out there (it's not that far from Phoenix), and I'm SURE you will find people who will show you around on good trails !

Works every time for me.

I don't know that area, but try RidingArizona.com also.

I second Randy's suggestion on the Prescott area and the ADV forum..The Mistress and I were very fortunate to have another ADV inmate (AZ TOM)provide a locals tour of the area. Thoroughly enjoyed the area and the people.

I second Randy's suggestion on the Prescott area and the ADV forum..The Mistress and I were very fortunate to have another ADV inmate (AZ TOM)provide a locals tour of the area. Thoroughly enjoyed the area and the people.

I hope to get over to ride with Tom and Scotty......good people and they'd be happy to provide tracks......or join in the fun! (since both are retired)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will get a map and check out adv riders!

If you'd like to ride some epic singletrack around Flagstaff I'll come up and join you for a few days of riding.

If you'd like to ride some epic singletrack around Flagstaff I'll come up and join you for a few days of riding.

Wow. That is an awesome offer. I may take you up on that! Let me get my dates set and I'll get back to you.

Wow. That is an awesome offer. I may take you up on that! Let me get my dates set and I'll get back to you.

BUT, where you will be is a ways from Flagstaff.......unless you have the extra time to get up there.

Well Flagstaff appears to be only 1.5 hours away from Mayer according to google. I wouldn't mind driving some if it really is "epic". :lol:

Well Flagstaff appears to be only 1.5 hours away from Mayer according to google. I wouldn't mind driving some if it really is "epic". :lol:

Then it would be worth it :lol:

The trails in Flagstaff were truly great... Wing Mountain, was totally fun and easy... The gnarly boffo bling bling singletrack Jon took us on was epic, and solitary... just the 5 of us, and one cactus

Jon... let me know when you plan on going; I might be able to scare up a day off or two, and drive out

Good to know...I'll be in Phoenix for Nickelback Oct. 29th, and also planned on bringing bikes and riding the weekend over there......

Epic is the word. I'd take you out to Wing Mt and the West side of "The Peaks". I am unavalailable every other week but if you plan to go Mon-Fri I can get up there for at least part of your trip. 'slut, I'll be in touch.

Jon