Do most people trailer to the meeting area? I'll be coming from Poway.

I dislike towing my bike to the ride, but it is a great option for when you are going from Poway to Pine Valley. On the Freeway it takes me about an hour (and I have a heavy right foot), on the DRZ it takes even longer (and fists are made of ham). Doing the whole route from my house offroad is a project I am still working on.

If you want to ride share we could meet at the Sabre Springs/Ted Williams Parkway HOV lot. PM me if interested.

Thank you for the offer, I think I'll truck myself in the first ride. I like the sound of parking outside and taking the short trip in to the meet spot. See you in the crack of the a.m. on Sunday.

We have some gear for him, a bike for him (he's on his own for pants undies and socks)

He will be in town July 18th and I said I would show him around- I think he is near downtown, so if anybody from that area wants to pick him up, that would be one less concern (finding my house in redneck central)

I would like to get a group of 5 or so, and keep the speeds halfway up. Let him decide when he wants to take pics etc. Location will partially depend on the weather. North County or East County...if its East I'll pick the route (advice is always welcome even if my sarcastic responses imply otherwise)I think pine valley up to sunrise, around to Corral would give him a good perspective about San Diego at large

The Ride

Me

DaJudge

TH

xr650lnoob

dsfox

Ralph

Rexr

Steelrain

Ready to Ride at 6:30 AM. Pine Valley cul-de-sac (you need an Adventure Pass to park there) Option: DS out or park behind Majors in PV & ride over.

Current plan: Street to Morena Stokes, in to Kernan, up to 4 corners. Trail 1 to Bobcat & roll the dice.

Where exactly is Pine Valley Cul de Sac (yes, yes, in Pine Valley, but specifically)? I looked on Google maps and was not sure. Does Majors get upset if you park there? I'll be in a Honda Pilot with a rack in the receiver.

Exit I-8 at Pine Valley, look south (that's right for most heading that way) it's right there. I've never had anyone complain about parking behind majors...it's not just their lot and it's huge.

Where exactly is Pine Valley Cul de Sac (yes, yes, in Pine Valley, but specifically)? I looked on Google maps and was not sure. Does Majors get upset if you park there? I'll be in a Honda Pilot with a rack in the receiver.

This will take you from my area all the way to the end of the paved part of Pine Valley Road

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=16

Be aware that parking in the cul-de-sac, while socially encouraged, will require a Wilderness Permit available from various sporting goods stores, etc.

Parking behind Major's does not require the permit.

be aware that real men ride their dual sport bikes TO the trail head, ride the trails, then ride their bikes home

also, real men live in Alpine, so it is only 15 miles away

be aware that real men ride their dual sport bikes TO the trail head, ride the trails, then ride their bikes home

Funny you should say that....

Just htis mornign I took the BMW from my house to the Pine Valley staging area along a very DS friendly route, the dirt section it is almost to easy.

Boulder Creek/Eagle Peak/Engineers Road?

Rex and I will ride from my house, up some twisty roads, to a fire road, then 2 lane to the meeting spot

See all the riders there-we will leave pretty punctually, so try to be on time- its gettin hot

This sounds like a great ride! If it is cool, I would love to tag along. Excuse my ignorance but I want to make sure I have it all right before I venture out and find that I am at the wrong place…

 Ride starts at 6:30am sharp?

 I can park behind Majors Diner which is on the North side of I8?

 Once I unload I am going to head south on Pine valley road to a cul-de-sac?

 How far off the freeway is the cul-de-sac?

Also, I am on a KTM530 with a stock fuel tank. Will there be a fuel stop or is the ride you are going on short enough that I do not need to re-fuel? Or, do I need to bring extra fuel in the truck?

Sorry to sound like a pain but I am fairly new to the area and I have only riding here in SD once. My old stomping grounds are the Big Bear and Idyllwild areas.

Any clarification will be greatly appreciated!

Hope to see you all there…

Scott

Cul de sac is about 100 feet south of the freeway

Gas in pine valley, so you'll be able to gas up after the dirt section- they might not be open until 6

Sounds like you got everything right- see you there

We have enough experienced people with radios, so if pace is an issue, we can split in to two groups if necessary.

I am packed up (riding gear takes up most of my suitcase :lol:) and ready to roll to the airport.

See y'all bright and early Sunday morning.

Floyd

Its gonna be hot- I don't think it got below 80 all night

Meh.

For a "Alpine-living real man" like yourself, that's temperate.

:lol:

I have the air set at 72; wearing shorts and drinking ice water- DREADING the 20 foot walk to the air conditioned truck, for the drive out to Balboa Park...for "pride"...

Real men...HA! Before I met Laurie, I basically lived at the beach my whole life...this hotness blows-

DaJudge has that thin Texas blood- I predict lots of whining (from me)...I need an ice vest

DREADING the 20 foot walk to the air conditioned truck, for the drive out to Balboa Park...for "pride"...

Real men...HA! Before I met Laurie, I basically lived at ..this hotness blows-

I predict lots of whining (from me)...

I would be dreading that walk too...but for other reasons. Have a great ride tomorrow guys.