dsfox

GONE ORANGE

haha, I'm on plastic skid plate number 3. Not cause they break but because they fall off at freeway speeds. I think it was user error. But I just safty wire or zip tie the metal clip to the frame now...

You guys trying to jinx me?

I've got over 8000 miles on my first plastic skid plate. Never zip-tied or safety wired it (I'll probably lose it on the next ride - I guess I better grab a zip tie and not tempt fate!).

I prefer the plastic over the aluminum - I've seen aluminum plates bend when coming down on a rock, interfering with the operation of the shifter, break, etc.. Then having to be bent back, etc.

If anyone has abused a skid plate by kissing it off a few rocks, I'd say I'm a prime candidate! :)

If anyone has abused a skid plate by kissing it off a few rocks, I'd say I'm a prime candidate! :)

Likewise, I have a carbon fiber skid plate on my 520......I can neither confirm nor deny that it may have seen a few rocks in its time (especially when riding with Doug! :o )......it's a bit beat up/chipped but it doesn't "bend" which is nice......your plastic skid plate should be fine.....

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a stock skid plate for a 2000 KTM RFS, free if someone wants it. :) Ken

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a stock skid plate for a 2000 KTM RFS, free if someone wants it. :lol: Ken

Yes, please.

Again I say that is the cleanest one seen since they were new.

Suggestion, Very very important, set up the unique Kato suspension correctly right from the start. You will be rewarded with a well handling machine from day one. Otherwise you will be, like many KTM riders constantly chasing the front end with slow rounded steering. Best of luck she is a beauty!!