Ok.. So it looks like the Temecula ride is canceled and I will be headed to Big Bear with bikeslut instead.. Who wants to go?

We are meeting at the Discovery Center at 9am. No adventure pass is needed to park there.

If anyone is interested in a Temecula Ride I am riding Sunday Morning. Leaving my house around 8am and riding for 6 hours or so.. Shooting for between 140 and 160 miles comprised of pavement, jeep roads, and singletrack that will cover Temecula, Murrieta, Hemet, Anza and Warner Springs.

If interested let me know and I will PM you my address.

hmmm maybe if I am not too tired from riding so much! I need to check out my secret trails and need a riding buddy to do it.

Chris is is actually very similar to that.

You might want to consider riding over to this loop.....

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4869

Rex, I was planning on doing this ride Sunday as well.........well kind of.....did it last Saturday and this Sunday I was going to change it up a bit.....less street...more dirt.....some back tracking in order to hit all single tracks and what not.

UNLESS.......I can convince the others that are going to Big Bear on Saturday to move it to Sunday :P:unsure:

I am up for anything.. I just want to ride and did not see anything posted. If the Big Bear guys go on Sunday I will go to Big Bear too.

If the Big Bear guys go on Sunday I will go to Big Bear too.

Sat is a go.......BUT, why dont you two just head to Big Bear on Sunday......happy to send you some "ouch" tracks to ride......actually, Mike already has'em.....

First thread updated.. looks like we are headed to Big Bear..

Yeah.. I have asked Chris for some tracks so I am up for some challenges.. I also have room for another bike in my truck.. Leaving from Murrieta.

what time are you leaving?

I will be leaving from Lakeside.....gotta stop and pick up one or two in Temecula.....will know by tomorrow if they are going

Yeah.. I have asked Chris for some tracks so I am up for some challenges.. I also have room for another bike in my truck.. Leaving from Murrieta.

Done - Sent you the same tracks Doug posted......Onyx summit will be under snow so it'll be a no - go.........I'll send you and Mike my active tracks on Sat night if they're dramatically different from these tracks......

I am open but I figured the earlier the better.. Since you guys are coming from WAY South what would be best for you?

Done - Sent you the same tracks Doug posted......Onyx summit will be under snow so it'll be a no - go.........I'll send you and Mike my active tracks on Sat night if they're dramatically different from these tracks......

Perfect. Thanks Chris.

nice tracks! looks like last years hardways 1, 3, 4 and 5 mixed in!

This is going to be fun.......and exhausting :rolleyes:

Where will you guys be staging up in the mtns?

I would think on Big Bear blvd. at a shopping ctr :o

start on the "purple" trail

I see. Going off the map in the other thread it will start in Big Bear. Not knowing what others skill level is, for an intermediate rider will this be a challenge, or grueling? How does it compare to the ride Digdug/spaugh/baldbeemer and crew just went on?

hoss and I are carpooling up from Lakeside about 7

I don't know all of the tracks, but expect some REAL intermediate trails... I am going to try and NOT be "that guy" on this ride

the way I read the map, plates are required... but yes... we did a full day one time on a green sticker route

If you are leaving at 7 that should put you up there about 9:30-10:00. I am being sent up to do Honeydos at our place Sat and have asked to slack off Sun and ride some. Will still have work to do. I am up for a challenge, but would much rather have "that guy" be you than me. I assume you are not taking the L. Will you be riding the DRZ or a 250?

If you are leaving at 7 that should put you up there about 9:30-10:00. I am being sent up to do Honeydos at our place Sat and have asked to slack off Sun and ride some. Will still have work to do. I am up for a challenge, but would much rather have "that guy" be you than me. I assume you are not taking the L. Will you be riding the DRZ or a 250?

;)

thanks for the support

I will be on the DRZ, with knobbies and lower gearing... temps should be cool up there this weekend

truth is, between the DRZ and the XRL, I don't really notice a difference except in gearing... weight doesn't seem that different to me... if my XRL was stock gearing and dirty tires, I would be ok riding that bike on these trails (disclaimer- I have not ridden ALL of these trails)

rex is leading this ride, since he seems like he got the tracks downloaded (which I am unable to do)...

If rex and hoss want to go earlier, that is fine with me, too

Myself and CVRick may join you guys, we already had plans to go to BB on Sunday. We were thinking of starting at Crab Flats and riding the Holocomb creek trail (3N39 to 3N08 to 3N38 to 3N10 to 3N69). Do any of you know the trail #'s that you are taking?.

Thanks.

Earlier is fine as well with me.......I am still waiting on phone calls from the others that were "saying" that they wanted to go.

Temps (according to weatherbug BB app) should be a high of 43 on Sunday and 55 on Saturday......Saturday is supposed to have gusts up to 45mph.

As far as the tracks....i will have them downloaded as well......most of these tracks are the same as last years "hard ways" tracks. Some good single track areas......getting your bike up and over fallen trees......under fallen trees......rocks, rocks, rocks.

Defenitly an adventure and wont even know that the air is cool........but you will know it is thin ;)

Now that I have the tracks......I will defenitly be dropping a tooth on the countershaft sprocket of my CRF.

Can't wait!