stroked 550

boot recommendations

The fact that I happened to be the guy in the boots had nothing to do with the selection of course! B)

that was my ploy....you fell into my trap!!! this way...MORE ZENO PHOTOS!!!

B)...loves him some Zeno photos!!!

OK...Sucker Baited and Outwitted by Corn On One Toe again!

As payment you get one photo from the same ride without me in it.

post-6274-1274231138.jpg

Last time I went out boot shopping I was looking for thicker soles and a decent heel step. I was having a problem with my old boots getting torn up from the IMS pegs shredding the soles and leveling out the heel step.

I ended up with These........Fox Comp 5.

Love em'........most comfortable boot I have ever owned and the price is defenitly right. Great protection as well......can't count the number of times I have stuck out my leg on a turn and wacked my ankle, heel, shin or toe on a rock, root, or boulder and came out of it without even a bruise.

Only issue I have had is the buckle snap.....one of them would not stay clasped any longer. I called Fox and they sent me enough to replace all on each boot for free.

As far as in town (which I really don't do that often) I use my work boots. Timberland steel toe leather hi tops.

Zenosan always has the coolest gear...I gotta start scouring ebay for some of that stuff.

Zenosan always has the coolest gear...I gotta start scouring ebay for some of that stuff.

Because your foot is healed, and you want to smash it again? :air_kiss:

Gotta have two boots, one for commuting and one for dual-sporting.

I have the Aerostitch Combat Lites for commuting. Very comfortable, enough that I often just wear them all day. Offer good protection but not great. And they're stealth. When I stand up you can't see the buckles or anything, it just looks like I have on a pair of Doc Martens. I even wore them to court once when I forgot my dress shoes. :air_kiss:

Dual sporting I have the Gaerne G12. They are very expensive at retail but I got them for about half off. They're also the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. I broke them in by doing a 70 mile ride out at Ocotillo and then 4 days around the Sierras. Not a single blister and I did a lot of walking in them on my 4 day trip.

I am leaning towards going with the Sidi Crossfires but what are the pros & cons going with the SRS vs the TA & vice versa ?

I'm totally uninviting you to my roller skating party...

I'm totally uninviting you to my roller skating party...

Bad move on your part.

Now you'll have to hire your entertainment.

Here is some other gear Don may have. If I keep this up, he will never take me for a ride around Page. :air_kiss:

Fred-Flintstone-Motorcycle.jpg

Wow....take off for a day's ride with Bagster and I suffer all manner of abuse.

My mirrors work just fine, I don't have a broken foot (never did), and I don't have any rollerskates (just rollerblades).

Didn't anybody notice that in addition to my 30 year old boots I was wearing my very warm and modern Joe Rocket Armored jacket as well as my Shoei helmet? Some things really are better today than their Vintage versions. See, I at least kept up with things when they really are an improvement.

I DID, I DID... I noticed the textile jacket... but figured I would spare you a bit

You said at one time that everything you had was over 30 years old... Helmets were never meant to last that long