Arrgh.

I must have mis stated, and I apologize.

I promise you, it was not intended to offend, but I welcome the input of others.

ya ya, you guys wanna tell people not to ride with other people, do it in the thread for the ride not in a PM.

not "you guys"... it was me

I apologized... won't happen again

It was not about the people... it was about the terrain...

we need to come up with a "next time" real soon........BBTR is coming sooooon

I'll be up there this weekend with a couple riding buddies, including Johnnybags, a SDAR member who lives up there. We will probably ride Saturday morning. I'm going to use my helmet cam on Redonda Ridge b/c there is not a lot of Youtube footage of that hardway. Is stock or desert tank better up there? Anyone have DigDug's GPS tracks handy?

Thread with the Pinnacles 50 loop here: Big Bear Pinnacles Loop Track

Scroll down and grab v2 - it's got a few cool OHV trails on the return instead of the fire roads.

Although check out our writeup - there's a short section now closed (ggggrrrrrr....) down near the North Shore area of Lake Arrowhead. You can take the fire road (now green sticker legal) to connect back to the track though. I still have to play with my track from this weekend and update the original with the new crap.

I'm toying with the idea of trying to get up there this weekend too. Not sure if it's going to happen at this point or not.

I've ridden with a fairly wide variety of members here- many are much better than I.

I depend on input from fellow members if I sign up for a ride that they believe is over my head. I have no desire to hold folks up nor throw my old body needlessly to the ground.

Ultimately, it's my decision, but I welcome the observations and input. I think it's a benefit of membership.

Paul, I thought you stated it well. One day, when I actually ride with others besides Baldbeemer, I will welcome all the advice from those with more experience regarding rides that would be good for me and rides that I will likely kill myself on.

hey bob, no worries, I understand your intention.

Sooooo......

what was the ride time vs. drive time up there on a day trip?

you guys left Deer Springs at about 7:30.....got there (where) at ?:00........ride til ?:00.......back in SD at ?:00

thanks......just looking to set up a Sunday soon but need to make sure it makes sense timewise.

Sooooo......

what was the ride time vs. drive time up there on a day trip?

you guys left Deer Springs at about 7:30.....got there (where) at ?:00........ride til ?:00.......back in SD at ?:00

thanks......just looking to set up a Sunday soon but need to make sure it makes sense timewise.

its a 2 - 2.5 hour drive starting in deer springs. We got there about 9:15 and rode until about 18:00. Then we hung out, BBQ'd and had a beer and left around 19:00. I got home around 10PM.

Its a long day of riding. Monday might be a drag if you have to work.

Thread with the Pinnacles 50 loop here: Big Bear Pinnacles Loop Track

Scroll down and grab v2 - it's got a few cool OHV trails on the return instead of the fire roads.

Although check out our writeup - there's a short section now closed (ggggrrrrrr....) down near the North Shore area of Lake Arrowhead. You can take the fire road (now green sticker legal) to connect back to the track though. I still have to play with my track from this weekend and update the original with the new crap.

I'm toying with the idea of trying to get up there this weekend too. Not sure if it's going to happen at this point or not.

OK.. go back to that thread linked above, I tweaked and uploaded version 3 of the Pinnacles loop there.

Also, attached here are all the tracks from the 15 May ride.

Enjoy!

15_May_10___Big_Bear_Ride.txt

Not like you to ride past Gold Mtn on Pavement :lol::lol: ........Still too much snow above ~7.5K' ? :)

I'm glad beemer went; I had kind of directed him away from it, due to his limited dirt experience, but he manned up and tackled the ride...and the yellow submarine pic belongs on the front page

Thanks for delagating my rides mom! No wonder people sign up then back out, you are sending them messages telling them not to ride with us?

I'm going back to the tooth puller.

Bob, your assessment of my abilities and the recommendation was sound. This was a tough ride for me and there was one section that Brad had to ride my bike out because I was spent and there were people waiting for me to clear the obstacle. Everyone helped me out at one point or another and got me through it.

Not like you to ride past Gold Mtn on Pavement :lol::lol: ........Still too much snow above ~7.5K' ? :lol:

Group ride.. group dynamics. Brad and I got our fill of "fang baring" riding doing Redonda in reverse. Between that and time contraints, we decided to take the "scenic/fast loop back". Let's just say the mighty 450 fought me hard - it kept wanting to take that left turn!!! :lol:

I'll be going back to do Gold Mtn in the next couple weeks. Shall I pencil you in as one of my riding partners? :o:)

I'll be going back to do Gold Mtn in the next couple weeks. Shall I pencil you in as one of my riding partners? :lol::lol:

I'm pretty booked the next few weeks but if I can swing it I will......

Just threw an old MT43 on the back of my 520......I have a bit more TLC to take care of on that bike......suppose I could always take the girl bike instead........after all, it goes.....wait for it..........ANYWHERE :):lol:

Thanks for the GPS track Doug. Call me if you go up there this weekend or I will just keep an eye out for your roost.