Wing Nut

NHL Playoffs!

Playoffs start tonight. Are there any Hockey fans on this site? Feel like getting together to watch some good old fashioned hockey and consume some adult beverages?

GO WINGS!!!

Although watchin playoffs and drinkin some cold ones sounds great, I don't think I'm gonna be able to make that happen.

What I do know, however, is that my Capitals are going to win the Cup!!! B)

Hummmmmmm, hockey fan?

Lets see....

Orignal six or nothing, Hockey is the only real sport, everything else is just a game.

Over 300 game used and signed sticks dating back to the early 60s.

Every patch that ever was on a sweater, (yes, every one) in the last 95 years vac sealed and binded

over 250 jerseys many signed.

25 file boxes stacked with pucks

over 400 sign pucks

10,000 plus cards

2 complete sets of 52/53 parkhurst cards, yes the holy grail of hockey cards.

Dozen and dozen of OG paintings from the back covers of beckett hockey monthly all signed

Misc, game used hockey crap.

2 seats from boston garden

and one NHL goal net , the whole thing frame and all.

My next project is a ZAMBONI, and yes, i,m gonna get one.

So to answer your question, yeah I watch alittle of the game now and then

Maybe you can drive it around in your freezer, next time you clean it out. B)

Go Bruins! B)B)

Oh ya, hope the Sharks destroy the Avalanche here on the western side of things.

Hummmmmmm, hockey fan?

Lets see....

Orignal six or nothing, Hockey is the only real sport, everything else is just a game.

Over 300 game used and signed sticks dating back to the early 60s.

Every patch that ever was on a sweater, (yes, every one) in the last 95 years vac sealed and binded

over 250 jerseys many signed.

25 file boxes stacked with pucks

over 400 sign pucks

10,000 plus cards

2 complete sets of 52/53 parkhurst cards, yes the holy grail of hockey cards.

Dozen and dozen of OG paintings from the back covers of beckett hockey monthly all signed

Misc, game used hockey crap.

2 seats from boston garden

and one NHL goal net , the whole thing frame and all.

So to answer your question, yeah I watch alittle of the game now and then

I do believe you would be considered a fan. It's good to see there are some people in SoCal that actually watch a real man's sport.

Sorry you had to suffer through that game wing nut. Detroit better figure out their penalty kill going into game two!

I actually didn't get to see much of it. Halfway into the first period my sister in law called and she was having problems with her useless husband so I had to go over and try to make sure he didn't do anything he was going to regret. I didn't end up getting home until after midnight. I read about it this morning and I agree, the Wings are going to have to figure out their pk if they are going to get to the next round. Hopefully I can watch the game Friday without any interruptions.

invite the useless husband over to watch the game with you.... check him in to the sliding glass door if you feel the need :)

invite the useless husband over to watch the game with you.... check him in to the sliding glass door if you feel the need ;)

I would check him through the sliding glass door. ;)

Wingnut I cannot believe that the Wings had to go 7 with the Coyotes. The Coyotes are terrible.

So we have

Blackhawks

Penguins

Bruins

Redwings

Who wants to throw a hundred in the kitty and see what happens? Last one standing takes it.

I guess there aren't many REAL hockey fans here. Come on, Daddy needs some new bling on the moto.

Hey Girls, lets loosen the death grip on those change purses and make the playoffs more interesting. Time is running out.

Hey Girls, lets loosen the death grip on those change purses and make the playoffs more interesting. Time is running out.

I'd make a wager. I can't afford a hundo, but I would bet a bottle of booze. Jack, Captain, something around $30.

Who's in?

$100 is putting way too much faith in the Bruins to make it through this round let alone to the cup. I'd offer up a case of beer or bottle of whatever to the winner. $30 is a lot closer to what I'd offer up.

$100 was just a nice even number to throw out there. $30 dollars is fine with me. Your team does not have to win the cup, just be the last team in the hunt. I am in. Go Blackhawks!

$100 was just a nice even number to throw out there. $30 dollars is fine with me. Your team does not have to win the cup, just be the last team in the hunt. I am in. Go Blackhawks!

Sounds good.

GO WINGS

large_RedWingsTopPhoto.jpg

I might have to fly up to San Jose and see if I can catch a game between the Blackhawks and Sharks. Anyone else interested?

I grew up near Philly.......I was there for all the mid 70's Stanley Cup Parades with Bobby Clarke and the boys.......therefore I must say.....

GO FLYERS!

Preview: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nh....html?eref=sihp

They've been talking about bringing up some players from the farm system for the remainder of play-offs.......men who remember/understand what the glory years Broad Street Bullies style of play is all about......Old Time Hockey......

hansons-1.jpg

I can't believe the B's have let the Flyers take this to game 6, and I'm going to throw a hissy fit if it goes to 7. Maybe the whooping the received last game will remind them that this is playoff hockey! :unsure:

I can't believe the B's have let the Flyers take this to game 6, and I'm going to throw a hissy fit if it goes to 7. Maybe the whooping the received last game will remind them that this is playoff hockey! :rtfm:

Let the hissy fit begin. I cannot believe the underdogs this year. PIT out. Dog fight with PHIL and BOS. Now if only the Blackhawks can find a way to beat the Sharks.

I threw my fit and turned it off halfway through the 2nd. With the habs walking over the penguins and Fleury being pulled I knew it was going to be a strange night for hockey.

As a goalie myself, I was in awe watching Halak shut down the pens; especially in that third period.

It's been an interesting playoffs to say the least! :rtfm: I guess the Bruins have one more shot or face the shame of going down in the record books as letting Philly come back from 0-3.