Sign in to follow this  
DesmoStucky

New Member & New Bike

Hopefully your not reading this because your picking up your Husky. Buy it...ride the daylights out of it & realize most of the time life won't allow multi-day rides (at least mine). And if they do for you, grab a DR650 for $2500 or those previously mentioned and have at it.

Good luck!

Well I got a flat tire on my car tonight... but at least I am going to check out the Husky early tomorrow! I'll post pics if I pick her up. Can't thank you guys enough for the kick in the pants and motivation to just do it. Half the fun is researching and looking for bikes, but I've been doing that for weeks and weeks. Tis time...

-Mike

Hope you got the Husky and we see that Post "I Got It".....if you decide it's not for you, someone will buy it..probably from here...

Maybe me. (got to sell a couple bikes first) of course i'm not working very hard to sell them...bad time for sellers...good time for buyers right now.

Just leaving now from looking at the bike. Second owner and has only put 150 of the 6.8k miles. It has definitely been a desert bike. Previous owner removed the ignition so it has a switch start thing. Also the kickstands mounting tab is broken and will be totally broken off soon. Owner is running to GP to get a replacement. Super nice guy, but the first owner did most the mods and all the maintenance. The bike starts right up and sounds good. I gave it a short ride and heard some metallic rattling. Could of been cam chain or maybe the kickstands. Hoping it is the kickstands. Rear brake pedal is ghetto tabbed. Arm is fine but original pedal broke off. Piece of metal is screwed into arm for the pedal. She is no beauty queen. I am torn...

Go to Thumpertalk and seek some opinions... I know a lot of people think a DRZ is a loud engine, but everybody says they all are...

Maybe the Husky is just a rattly engine?

Go to Thumpertalk and seek some opinions... I know a lot of people think a DRZ is a loud engine, but everybody says they all are...

Maybe the Husky is just a rattly engine?

Yeah, I decided to jump on it. He was pretty stiff on the price though. He has a personalized plate on it so he wants to keep that. I guess I'll have to make a fun filled DMV trip soon. Pics to follow.

-Mike

cool! Hope it works out for you

Pick a Sunday or Monday to go try that thing out and I'll show you around... newb friendly ride, of course

a "dirt reminder" after all your years of street bikes

easy on that front brake! one finger, and don't use it while tipped over...

Rattling could of been chain slap. Can not remember if it occurred on deceleration.

One loud noise is the full floating rear disk. It will rattle pretty good. You can hear that at idle and sometimes low speed.

The TE's didn't come with key ignitions until 2008. So the ignition hadn't been removed from that bike.

Rattling could of been chain slap. Can not remember if it occurred on deceleration.

One loud noise is the full floating rear disk. It will rattle pretty good. You can hear that at idle and sometimes low speed.

The TE's didn't come with key ignitions until 2008. So the ignition hadn't been removed from that bike.

Copy that. I found the disk when it was idling but that wasn't the problem. It was definitely the kickstand. The previous owner ran down to GP and replaced the broken part, so no more rattle! The ride home was good. She buzzes like crazy at 65mph. Waaaaay different than my VFR. I'll start a new thread once I get some pics.

-MIke

And if you know what is good for you... don't try to "keep up" with Bikeslut!

I keep hearing this. Now I am strangely compelled to ride with BikeSlut to witness the spectacle.

I keep hearing this. Now I am strangely compelled to ride with BikeSlut to witness the spectacle.

Wait'll you witness the spectacle of him changing flat tires on what seems to be most of his rides. Strangely enough, I don't think that he's ever gotten a flat tire on a ride that I was on. :lol:

I have had a total of 6 flats the past 5 years...granted THREE were on one ride (faulty rimlock popping tubes, so removed it and tore out the stem)

There is generally no spectacle...just a nice ride with old buddies or new ones.

Desmo- ya ready to ride? I'll be out at Lark as soon as I can wake-up and motor-out tomorrow morning

Shameless plug

(After a late night rocking out to Assassin, Dirty Birdz and Barely Liegal at 4th and :lol: why do I get the feeling 4th and B is going to end up as a sunglass wearing smiley?

And if you know what is good for you... don't try to "keep up" with Bikeslut!

DO IT. It worked out very well for me. Despite all the flak thrown at BS, he's a very good teacher. :lol: