KTMrad

GP Motorcycles & Husqvarna Sponsored SDAR Ride

Does anybody have an 18 inch paddle for my 650? :P

I'm in if I can ride some sand prior to this ride.

It's not THAT kind of sand.. :):lol: Well it might be but not in quantities you would need a paddle for.. Plus you need to practice on knobbies..

I thought you were like 16 and fearless.. What the heck man.. B)

when in doubt throttle out,,,,,,ever ride a jet ski,,,,sand is like riding on water, lean/sit back , stay on top and carve.

man i really need a DS machine................ i dont want to miss this one!!! thanks for posting

robert i dont know what your money situation is like but did you see that post from v-dog about an 09 te250 husky for $4399 + shipping

i know you like huskys and euro bikes, that is an awesome deal.....im just saying, i think you can get the big bore kit later on if you want a bit more pop.

Does anybody have an 18 inch paddle for my 650? B)

I'm in if I can ride some sand prior to this ride.

Paddles are for dune riding........this is not a dune ride, just sand in sandwashes.

Also You could get a new 09 Husqvarna TE 250 (I just got one) for $4399 plus $425 shipping. You can also get a lowering link for the suspension. Nice light bike and handles very well.

Careful, lots of issues with 09 Huskys getting plates here in California even though they come with all the goodies. Moto Forza has a full line of them, with all the dualsport stuff ready to go except the plate.

Also You could get a new 09 Husqvarna TE 250 (I just got one) for $4399 plus $425 shipping. You can also get a lowering link for the suspension. Nice light bike and handles very well.

Careful, lots of issues with 09 Huskys getting plates here in California even though they come with all the goodies. Moto Forza has a full line of them, with all the dualsport stuff ready to go except the plate.

Huh??? The TE's come with plates...

You didnt hear about THIS? I bought my 08 from Balz at Moto Forza and it was no problem. The 09's show up so he sells them, DMV issues the plates and then,,,,, everyone gets screwed.

This needs to be another thread..........this thread is about the Dualsport Ride please.

You didnt hear about THIS? I bought my 08 from Balz at Moto Forza and it was no problem. The 09's show up so he sells them, DMV issues the plates and then,,,,, everyone gets screwed.

This needs to be another thread..........this thread is about the Dualsport Ride please.

Sorry Randy, my bad. edits done

Sorry Randy, my bad. edits done

Tracy, no worries.........you didn't have to delete it, just didn't want an on-going discussion about plated bikes in this thread.

OK, so if V dog has the truck, awesome....I'll drive support.....and do whatever needs doing in the meantime or that morning..let me know Randy..

you planning on just meeting out there EARLY on Sunday?....I'm busy that saturday.....deb

ps: Wil, I made it through all the sand on that route on a 300 lb. bike on the dash...Your bike weighs a bit more, but You can do it I'm sure...

...did you ever get your new tires?....need those...huge difference.

If GP doesn't provide me with a Husky to ride, then I'll be on my 950.

Allow me to paraphrase

"I'm riding a 950 so hucker and bikeslut on your girlie bikes can stop yer whining"

:unsure:

Rex- I suck at sand...but not as badly as I used to. And to be more accurate; I can ride it fine, I just don't enjoy it that much, and hate crashing at anything over 50 mph...which is the minimum for sand. I have singletrack experience, and still ride best in that scenario; Wil is still young enough to develop his sand skilz (I spell it like that cuz that just how I roll)

Looking forward to this ride on the drz

when in doubt throttle out,,,,,,ever ride a jet ski,,,,sand is like riding on water, lean/sit back , stay on top and carve.

man i really need a DS machine................ i dont want to miss this one!!! thanks for posting

Just getting a new rear knobby made a huge difference in the sand.

........ hate crashing at anything over 50 mph...which is the minimum for sand. .....

..somehow I survived day 2 desert dash with nothing I'd call a "crash", a few "step offs or fatigue sand dumps".....but I SURE wasn't going 50 in most of the sand on THAT route anyway.....yikes, I'm chicken to go 50 in most offroad scenarios...maybe in Tule wash or the like, but Wil has WAY more guts than me.... with decent tires...he'll do great..

I'm in!!! But it is more then 2 weeks away so you never know what the wife has up her sleeve, plenty of time to do honey do's

Keeping this up front so we can get a head count.

Hope to see a bunch of you there !

I may be out of this ride, some friends of mine entered me in a Trap shooting competition on the private property next to Duners Diner out in Gordons well, Glamis. April 17-18.

That looks to be some pretty nice private property! Kind of a fortress looking thing though! They also have some very nice motorhomes.

I may be out of this ride, some friends of mine entered me in a Trap shooting competition on the private property next to Duners Diner out in Gordons well, Glamis. April 17-18.

XR650L good for this ride? I'm in.

Anyone coming from SD got place for a bike in their truck. I will chip in for gas. Otherwise, i will rent a uhual trailer.

as we get closer, we can get firm "in" votes, and arrange carpools

i HOPE to be there, and if so, can get two other bikes from East County out there