Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

Swapping Bikes. The Husky Is Gone

Thanks to I think Trophyhunter for always on the look out with CL. This guy with the 2001 DRZ400s wanted a dirt bike to ride with his kids. He is the original owner of the DRZ and use it for a commute bike, he then moved up to a GSXR for commute bike. Now he works close and kids are teens with dirt bikes, he is a desert guy already with quads and moving towards 2 wheel. I think I got a good deal getting a plated bike with many more options for sell or keep. Remember I had about $700 into the Husky with the purchase from a lien sale $100 and the clean up and my goal was to double my money. So in the long run I think I'm still on track with this goal.

The Husky by by.

DSCN5205.jpg

2001 DRZ 400s

DSCN5300.jpg

DSCN5299.jpg

nice... you flipping it, commuting on it, or putting on knobs?

Yeah; I think you made out pretty darn good on that deal...

Good deal for both parties I'd say! That guy is stoked too to get a clean husky ready to tear up the dez.

nice... you flipping it, commuting on it, or putting on knobs?

Yeah; I think you made out pretty darn good on that deal...

No knobs for this because I have the KTM for that. I'm thinking of a flip that may get me closer to a 250 DS bike for my daughter. I will clean it up a bit with a new tail light and small signals, he gave me the stock tank also that's like new.

K, not to pry. Okay, I'll pry. Just keep the 400...? She's ridden everything else thrown at her and it's in your garage. A 250 will prolly lead to growing into a 400 anyway.

K, not to pry. Okay, I'll pry. Just keep the 400...? She's ridden everything else thrown at her and it's in your garage. A 250 will prolly lead to growing into a 400 anyway.

Ya, I prolly will keep the DRZ for a while and work on getting the cool 1989 RMX 250 Enduro I have sold. This is a great bike and the best at the time, and still get hi marks with the guy's on Thumpertalk. The forks and shocks have been re spring, stock and big about 4 gal tank, after market pipe as well as the stock pipe. This would be a good all around two stroke with lights.

I agree with Ken. Keep the DRZ. It's got about the same power of a 250 but more torque, heavier yes, but a real good DS. You didn't say anything about miles but I'm sure you could triple your money if you sell the DRZ.

Ya, I prolly will keep the DRZ for a while and work on getting the cool 1989 RMX 250 Enduro I have sold. This is a great bike and the best at the time, and still get hi marks with the guy's on Thumpertalk. The forks and shocks have been re spring, stock and big about 4 gal tank, after market pipe as well as the stock pipe. This would be a good all around two stroke with lights.

the rmx is a great ds bike if ALL you are using it for is short connection of trails....if you are gonna try to ride it more than a few miles on the street EVER...i would go with the drz personally.

in the single track and maybe even the dez the rmx is great, the the second you hit the blacktop the rmx goes from really good, to horrible in seconds.

if you plan on a couple of miles of paved back roads to get into a town or to fuel the drz will fill both needs better

imho